「27」

Lost Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I wish we can always be like this," Jungsoo muttered softly. He finally cracked his eyes open and continued before he blew the candles out.

"I wish we can always be a family."

 

 

 

"The first slice goes to..."

Jungsoo chuckled as Hyukjae made a noise resembling a drumroll, hitting his lap softly. He looked around, from his first son, to the second one, and to Heechul. He made his choice.

 

 

 

"Here."

 

 

 

Heechul was perplexed when Jungsoo gave the plate to him. He was not over the giddiness of what Jungsoo wished for and now his professor kept on making him confused. He reluctantly took the plate and was about to put it down on the table when Donghae stretched his arms, trying to snatch the cake from him. Jungsoo finally took the plate back and sliced a bite before he turned to Heechul and aimed at his mouth. He heard Hyukjae giggle and he also couldn't deny his smile, seeing Heechul getting all flushed like this. And at last, when Heechul opened his mouth and ate the cake, his smile bloomed.

 

 

 

"Did you feed me because you're afraid that this may be poisonous?"

Heechul tried to shift his sheepishness into a joke. And he was glad when Jungsoo, who was busy cutting another slice for Hyukjae, accepted the joke well.

"Well, someone gotta test it first."

Heechul rolled his eyes albeit the smile refused to leave his face as he tried to feed Donghae the cake and muttered, "Geez. I'm flattered to no use."

Jungsoo chuckled as he served the slice for Hyukjae and was happy when the boy immediately scooped a big bite to his mouth.

"You're flattered?"

"Forget it," Heechul quickly dismissed the direction of this small talk.

He tried to peek at his professor and smirked when the professor eventually tasted the cake, a big chunk shoved to his mouth.

 

 

 

"How's the taste?"

Heechul looked so hopeful—it was adorable—that even if the cake tasted bad, Jungsoo would say it was good. But thank God, the cake tasted delicious for real.

"Not bad. B plus for a first-timer."

Heechul clicked his tongue, wincing his eyes at his professor.

"You don't need to give it a score, though."

Jungsoo smirked, forking another bite.

"Well, you ask for my opinion."

 

 

 

Heechul had to hide his smile by tightening his lips because he was happy that his professor liked the cake. It meant that his effort was paid off. And nothing else mattered.

"Well, Hyuk and Hae were a great help."

Heechul's comment made Hyukjae smile although his mouth was covered in whipped cream.

"Yeah, although Donghae left me speechless when he dumped his shoe on the batter."

Jungsoo choked on his food when Heechul blurted out what happened in the process of making this cake with the great help of his sons. 

Shoe? In a batter?

 

 

 

Heechul laughed wholeheartedly, hiding his joy be damned because the expression Jungsoo had was so epic. He even dared to ignore Jungsoo's questioning stare when the older tried to confirm what he said earlier.

"A shoe?! So this cake—"

"But we threw the batter away and made a new mixture. Don't worry."

Heechul patted Jungsoo's shoulder as he smiled in victory after seeking revenge.

"You..."

Heechul was taken by surprise when Jungsoo suddenly smeared cream on his cheek.

"Cream war!" Hyukjae announced and dunked his finger on the cream before he attacked his Daddy.

 

 

 

The silly war lasted longer than Jungsoo expected that everyone's face was covered in whipped cream and chocolate. He was glad when he managed to sneak out from the fierce battle to grab something from his room. He silently sat among them again and intended to stop the madness.

 

 

 

"Enough with the—"

He stopped midsentence when Donghae smacked his cheek with a hand full of cream. And he couldn't get mad hearing how healing Donghae's laughter sounded.

"Enough. It's already past midnight so you have to go to sleep soon. But, before that," Jungsoo finally took out the thing he hid behind his back.

"Let's take some pictures!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What are you doing?"

Jungsoo casually asked as he wiped the cream off his hand after he succeeded in cleaning the kids and putting them to sleep. Heechul, who was busy looking through the pictures they'd just taken a while ago, snapped his head to his left and grinned, showing a photo of Jungsoo with cream all over his face.

 

 

 

"Having fun, huh?"

Jungsoo sat next to Heechul on the couch and naturally leaned closer to Heechul, seeing the picture closer. Heechul laughed softly as he let Jungsoo see what made him ticklish.

"Look at you here," Jungsoo held the camera and his hand accidentally brushed Heechul's but neither of them minded. Heechul looked at the picture and whined, "Ahh, Hae put the chocolate on my nose."

He heard Jungsoo chuckle before the older ruffled his hair and mumbled softly, "Cute."

 

 

 

His pulse doubled on the small contact that he had to quickly do something else before his professor noticed his nervousness. He took his half-empty glass and bottomed up the drink, trying to keep a distance from Jungsoo.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter