「31」

Lost Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It always feels bittersweet to see students graduate," Siwon rasped out, eyes on a bunch of people with academic gowns and typical hexagonal hats showing off that they'd done what was needed to get their certificates. The opening ceremony had just ended and just like the tradition in the previous years, all students and their families got to spend their time until the official closing began.

 

 

 

"Nah, finally I won't have to deal with those brats."

Siwon chuckled on Mr. Kang's comment. He knew all too well that his colleague didn't mean that way. Albeit his obnoxious attitude towards the students, Mr. Kang actually cared about them. And he could see sadness radiated from his eyes.

"Come on, Hodong-hyung. Give it a break. It's their graduation day. Say what you want but surely we'll miss them."

Mr. Kang only cast him a smirk. He glanced sideways and found his other colleague who didn't even try to hide his emotions, looking all somber. He frowned and observed Jungsoo intently. Even so, the older didn't bother to look at him.

 

 

 

"You're okay, Hyung? You look pale."

Jungsoo sobered and glimpsed at the other two. He forced out a tight smile and nodded.

"I'm good, Siwon-ah. I'm just... Proud of my students... And sad—"

"Anyway, Jungsoo-yah, where's that rasc— I mean your husband?" Mr. Kang suddenly cut him off.

Jungsoo dropped his stare and inhaled deeply.

"I don't know. He's probably somewhere with his friends."

Siwon smirked and seethed, "Doubt that."

 

 

 

Jungsoo snapped at his friend and the younger already had his eyes fixed on his behind. He followed Siwon's gaze and his breath hitched when he saw Heechul, already in his attire, walking towards them. It was when the distance shortened to a foot away when Heechul suddenly threw himself at him and crushed him in a hug. He was taken aback but his body worked on its own to reciprocate the gesture. Just then he realized that his colleagues had left them alone, strolling away to join the other students.

 

 

 

"They're gone," Jungsoo whispered, expecting that Heechul would let go of him after knowing that they no longer had to fake it in front of people. But strange, his student tightened his hold instead. Jungsoo tried to calm his nerves, afraid that Heechul would hear how fast his heart was beating right now. When Heechul's scent reach his nose, it was his last straw. He couldn't will down the need to seek for more and embraced him tighter.

 

 

 

"You're crushing me, Prof. Park."

"You ask for this."

 

 

 

Jungsoo finally released his hug yet his gaze was never leaving Heechul. He examined Heechul's look thoroughly and smirked at last. He was slowly accepting his fate that he was swooned by the beauty he called Heechul. He knew that his student did dress up this morning before they went to the campus but still, looking at how different Heechul's aura got, he couldn't help but admit that he'd fallen. It was as if Heechul was an adult now and even though he'd actually been an adult all this long, there was something that tickled Jungsoo's feeling about the way his student looked at him.

 

 

 

"I know I'm handsome but you can blink, though," Heechul smirked.

"How does it feel to finally graduate?"

The snarkiness tapered off into a genuine smile as Heechul replied, "It's nice. I mean... No more sleepless nights doing assignments from my English literature professor so—"

Heechul had to dodge when Jungsoo tried to flick his forehead and he succeeded. However, he was caught off guard as he inched back closer and his professor suddenly his cheek instead. He just wished that Jungsoo was oblivious to the heat creeping in his cheeks.

 

 

 

"Is Mrs. Han coming?" Jungsoo asked, scanning the place.

"After her prayer probably. Sungmin said he'd come too."

Jungsoo's lips immediately stretched into a grin when he focused not on Heechul's answer but on who were appearing in the entrance. He turned back to his student and warned, "Expect an attack in three... Two... One—"

 

 

 

"Maw!!!"

 

 

 

Heechul almost stumbled forward if not for his professor holding him when two very familiar little humans pounced him from behind. He had to cling to his professor before he turned around so suddenly that both of his angels squealed in an instant.

 

 

 

"Look here!"

 

 

 

As if being possessed, all of them followed the instruction and found Mrs. Park already raised her camera, ready to capture the cute moment before her eyes. After satisfied with the result, she came closer and immediately pulled Heechul into a hug.

"Congratulations, Heechul. I'm happy happy happy... I'm so proud of you."

Heechul returned the hug as tight, sincerely thanking her for being an amazing support and for unconsciously guiding him on what he had to do next.

"Thank you, Mother. I'm sorry for—"

"Maw, Hae up up!"

 

 

 

Heechul didn't manage to utter his apology as Donghae suddenly tugged on his academic gown and asked to be carried. From his peripheral, he could tell that Jungsoo was looking at him, probably aware of why he wanted to apologize to Mrs. Park. But both of them kept all the catastrophe inside their mind.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter