「10」

Lost Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Keep your promise."

 

 

 

Jungsoo raised his sight when Heechul suddenly broke the quietness of the room. The younger didn't even bother to look at him as he was busy fixing his suit in front of the mirror. Unconsciously, his eyes were fixed examining his student's appearance from head to toe. A navy suit, and matching pants—it was a simple common outfit but the cutting of the dress, anyhow, declared that it was meant for Heechul and Heechul only. Although he did not want to admit, he got no choice but to swallow the fact that Heechul was indeed gorgeous.

 

 

 

"Prof. Park? Are you listening to—"

 

 

 

Heechul's breath hitched when he saw Jungsoo get up from his seat and walk slowly to him. There was a pang of something unfamiliar sat inside him as his heart skipped a beat looking at how matched his and his professor's suit in the mirror in front of him.

 

 

 

He froze.

He would never allow any feeling bloom in his restricted garden.

 

 

 

"Yeah," Jungsoo dragged his eyes taking Heechul's body daringly.

"Just stick to me during the event and you'll be fine."

 

 

 

Heechul shivered, doing his best not to show any of his nervousness under the observant eyes of his professor. Unable to bear the annoying stare, he abruptly turned around and sat on the couch. Jungsoo remained there, standing in front of the mirror when Heechul asked, trying to sound irritated but he failed.

"Why do we have to go together with your family?"

Jungsoo smirked as he fixed the brooch on his collar.

"Because... It's usual for a business run in the family that all the members who have important roles in it to come together and show the closeness of the family. It will leave a good image which can affect our partnership in the future."

Heechul jeered openly, muttering loud enough for Jungsoo to hear.

"Faking everything."

"In this case, it's not. My family is indeed close."

 

 

 

Heechul rolled his eyes, barely believing what his professor defended. He leaned his body on the armrest and threw another question, more hesitant this time.

"Then why do I need to come? I don't have any role in—"

 

 

 

Knock knock

 

 

 

"Sirs, Mrs. Park and Mr. Cho are already outside."

 

 

 

Jungsoo drew a long breath before he strode over to the door. His hand twisting the knob, he glanced sideways when he knew the other person didn't follow him. He sighed and gave the answer to Heechul's question.

"Because you're my husband."

And without waiting for his husband, Jungsoo left the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Aww, never knew my cousin's husband is this handsome and— aaack!"

Kyuhyun grimaced, rubbing his arm to ease the sting caused by Mrs. Park's slap. He looked at his aunt and whined, "Aunty, why did you hit me?"

"Stop bothering Heechul, Kyu."

"Why should I, Aunty?"

Kyuhyun turned around to look at Jungsoo and Heechul in the seats behind him and smirked as he finished off with a glint in his eyes.

"His husband doesn't even mind me."

 

 

 

Jungsoo's gaze hardened as he saw how his cousin seemed to be having fun playing with his secret. He winced his eyes to tell Kyuhyun to shut up but he knew it was to no use. The sick grin on Kyuhyun's face was the next thing he wanted to erase after omitting him from the list of the people he cherished.

 

 

 

"Heechul-ssi, may I—"

"Back off, Kyu," Jungsoo hissed as he unconsciously stretched his arm as though to cover Heechul's body. It shocked him as much as it did to both Heechul and Kyuhyun. He quickly pulled his hand away after sending a dead glare to Kyuhyun. He knew Kyuhyun was probably only teasing him but he loathed how he forgot the risks of the pseudo-marriage to be caught. Kyuhyun faked a fright which only infuriated Jungsoo even more before the Kyuhyun eventually sat straight facing the front and began to talk about the company with Jungsoo's mother.

 

 

 

Heechul, who stayed silent through the whole stupid arguments, noticed the annoyance his professor was dealing with when a heavy sigh reaching his ears. Jungsoo shut his eyes tight, pinching the bridge of his nose but Heechul could still tell that he was hiding the fatigue of doing all this—putting a play and making sure that nothing would reveal their lies.

 

 

 

He didn't know what possessed him;

nor was he familiar with this feeling;

what he was aware of was that the urge took over his senses.

 

 

 

He suddenly held Jungsoo's left hand which surely caught the attention of the owner. His professor snapped at him and when he unknowingly stayed unmoving, the deep stare dropped to their hands. Heechul was only observing how his professor's expression changed and a frown wrinkled his forehead. Just when his professor looked at him again and their eyes met, he finally realized what he'd just done. He hurriedly took his hand off his professor's and looked out of the window.

It was as if all his rationality kicked back in and he sobered from the deadliest sway.

 

 

 

Warm.

It was the warmth Jungsoo never asked but not going to lie, he did not dislike it. All the pretense and stuff slowly got the toll on him and still, he had nowhere to run, drenched under the pour of million different feelings that would take forever to name.

 

 

 

He was freezing to death;

yet, he was bound to be friends with the coldness.

 

 

 

The warmth he felt when a hand gently cupped his was unnecessary but it became unnecessary because he had to save his dignity. It became unpleasant because he created such assumptions to assure him that he never needed the comfort. But when the warmth was gone, he knew he could lie to anyone but himself. He wanted his student to stay, to hold his hand because, in this journey, his only friend was Heechul.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter