「3」

Lost Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Repeat what I told you."

 

 

 

Heechul looked at Jungsoo in disbelief although he eventually did what he was asked to.

"I'm your student and we fell in love. I want to marry you because I'll graduate soon. Happy? How many goddamn time do I have to—"

 

 

 

Heechul was cut off when Jungsoo abruptly stood up, his eyes fixed somewhere else. Following his professor's stare, Heechul widened his eyes when he saw a beautiful middle-aged woman walking elegantly from the entrance. Judging from the strong resemblance, Heechul bet his own life that this woman was the one who made Jungsoo drag him into this mess. 

 

 

 

A nudge on his side broke Heechul's little daydreaming. He looked up only to have his nape shiver. The aura surrounding his professor was completely different—warmer and friendlier. Heechul frowned although when he was forced to stand up by a strong hand circling his form, he finally understood that his professor was already in the act of putting a show.

 

 

 

"Remember, we're lovers."

Jungsoo whispered to Heechul's ear. Heechul sneered softly.

"Don't worry. I'm a good actor."

 

 

 

Heechul boldly linked his arm to Jungsoo's and even leaned his body to his lover. Jungsoo mentally smirked, already satisfied with how his student acted. His mother was getting nearer and from the look on her face, Jungsoo knew he got a lot to explain. Smiling warmly, Jungsoo finally opened one of his arms to hug his mother and the said woman reluctantly reciprocated her son's hug, her eyes still looking at the person beside Jungsoo.

 

 

 

"How are you, Mom?"

"I'm g-good. Jungsoo... I thought—"

"Let's sit down first."

Feeling the sudden awkward tension, Heechul could only bow a little to his soon-to-be mother-in-law before he took a seat beside his soon-to-be husband.

 

 

 

He sighed.

What a life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

 

 

 

 

 

Jungsoo's mother couldn't hide her astonishment, openly staring at Heechul. She tilted her head observing him before she turned back to her son.

"Listen, Son... I— I'm surprised, no, gobsmacked. I have so many questions right now."

Jungsoo inhaled shortly, hand still holding Heechul's before he smiled and said to his mother.

"I'm ready to answer all, Mom."

 

 

 

Mrs. Park dropper her gaze to the intertwined fingers on the table and frowned.

"When?"

The first question rolled out. It was Jungsoo's turn to furrow his brows, not understanding what his mother meant.

"When... What?"

"When did you realize that you... You know... You swing that way?"

 

 

 

Heechul squeezed Jungsoo's hand stronger when he felt that Jungsoo had paused for too long since the question was thrown. He timidly glanced sideways and noticed that his professor looked baffled. Another gentler squeeze made Jungsoo look at him. Heechul smiled sweetly—discreetly, he was signaling for his professor to keep his mask on before his mother sensed something suspicious. Jungsoo kept his gaze on his student longer; he could see his confused look on Heechul's clear orbs. Heechul's smile magically made his brain work uttering the answer his mother was expecting to.

 

 

 

"Since I met him."

 

 

 

Heechul's pupils quivered on the surprising remark. He quickly averted his eyes, avoiding the creepy look his professor had.

 

 

 

"Heechul-ssi?"

.

Heechul snapped his head to the mention of his name. The look on Mrs. Park's face was unreadable. He was rarely intimidated but she was able to do it. Gulping, the not awaited question was finally cast in the air.

"Tell me about yourself again."

"Uh... I— I'm Prof. Park's student. We met for the first time in his class and we finally decided to get together recently after we've confessed our feelings to each other."

"So—"

 

 

 

A loud ring coming from Jungsoo's mobile sliced through the thick air floating around them. Jungsoo looked at the caller ID and saw Kyuhyun's name on the screen. He was pondering whether or not he should pick up the call and leave Heechul alone with his mother but Kyuhyun's call seemed urgent. He finally excused himself and walked away from the table.

 

 

 

 

 

Heechul almost yelled out Jungsoo's name when he saw his professor leaving them. Being alone with Mrs. Park was never on their agreement and he made a note to charge this additional duty later on.

"So, Heechul-ssi... I'll go straight to the point. What do you want from my son?"

The straightforward question sent Heechul freeze immediately. The rounding eyes and gaped lips were the clear signs that Heechul didn't expect to be asked this directly.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Park but I... We—"

 

 

 

The elder looked at Heechul skeptically before she drew a long breath and leaned on her seat. She knew she had scared her son's lover. It frustrated her to even go to this extent in forcing Jungsoo to get married because, in the end, she would always be doubtful to whomever her son chose. Yet, seeing Jungsoo always shielded himself from opening up to people after his past marriage made her even more heartbroken. 

She wanted her son to be happy; he deserved it.

 

 

 

"I'll reword my question. What do you see in Jungsoo?"

Heechul stared blankly at Mrs. Park. He forced his brain to work extra harder to try to answer the question the way his professor's mother wanted.

Damn.

He couldn't.

 

 

 

He shifted his gaze to his right and just then, over the big window glass, he saw Jungsoo was still talking in his phone outside the café. His professor suddenly looked at him and somehow, Heechul thou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter