「1」

Lost Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Run, !! He'll catch us!"

 

 

 

With the papers on his hand, slightly crumpled for the grip was too strong, Kim Heechul, the culprit who had just committed another sin, ran with all his might down the long alley of his college building. Beside him were his two dumb yet most lovable best friends he swore he would protect forever, Kyunghoon and Yesung, running along with him.

 

 

 

 

 

", dead-end!"

Yesung exclaimed as the access that could save them betrayed them—the gate was locked. Panting, he threw his head left and right hoping there was a miracle sparing them from the wrath of the one and only Mr. Kang. Chest heaving, Yesung looked up and an imaginary bright light bulb shining above his head upon seeing the small space from the cracked walls. He heard the sound of boots marching, closer and closer, sending chills on his nape. Glancing back, he noticed that Heechul and Kyunghoon were still trying to unlock the passcode—useless, Yesung rolled his eyes on that.

 

 

 

"Yah morons!"

Yesung's half-yell surely earned a smack on his arm from Heechul.

"Who the do you call moron, you moron!"

The bickering stopped abruptly when they heard Mr. Kang's loud voice, calling Heechul's name over and over again. They exchanged glances before Yesung told them to follow him, trying to get moving without making a slight noise.

 

 

 

"This way!"

Yesung mouthed and his two friends immediately followed him like lambs trailing behind the leading dog. As they got in the escape Yesung told them, the teller wasted no time and sneaked his slim body through the crack. Kyunghoon copied what his friend did and successfully slid through, already smelling victory of their runaway from Mr. Kang. Yet, Kyunghoon assumed too early. From the very first time seeing the small gap that supposedly became their prospect of slipping away, Heechul knew his curvy, inflexible body would never be able to get in that.

 

 

 

"Goddamn, what took you so long, Hyung?"

Heechul heard Yesung bark on the other side of the wall. He was lucky that his two bratty buddies couldn't see how flushed his face was as he was about to admit that he couldn't slide in the crack. If they knew it, he would never live in peace.

 

 

 

"You skinny es really thought I would squeeze my glorious into that tiny hole. No ing way!"

"Shut it, Hyung! You're so effin petty. Just get in here!"

Getting even more frustrated than he already was due to Yesung's annoying ramblings, Heechul breathed harshly as he threw the papers through the wall crack.

"Bring my babies with you. I'll face this grumpy old man."

"But, Hyung—"

"Run!!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

 

 

 

 

 

 

Heechul lazily eyed the man in front of him whose glasses already declined to the middle of his nose. Mr. Kang smiled boastfully as he wrote down another red note on Heechul's report book, intentionally taking his time. His mouth slightly protruded out of concentration and it only irked Heechul more.

 

 

 

"There!"

Mr. Kang finally threw the thin book in front of Heechul; the book opened right where the new additional note recorded. Gritting his teeth, Heechul glanced at the page and his eyes popped out, rounding perfectly.

 

 

 

"Stealing? Seriously? You punished me for stealing my own stuff?!"

The triumphant smile Mr. Kang was showing off almost sent Heechul's fist landing right on his fatty cheek.

"You sure can read the following words, can't you, young man? Confiscation goods, should I recommend you to an optician?"

 

 

 

Although Heechul had been sending his nastiest glare to the old man who never once looked at him, it was to no avail. In the end, he had to once again accept the fact that the report book—he started to refer it to as his 'Mr. Kang's Barbaric Actions'— was filling up.

 

 

 

Hatred flaring inside him, Heechul grabbed his report book and threw it inside his shabby bag. If he wanted to be honest, all he wanted to do was to rip and to burn this damn book right in front of Mr. Kang, but the fact that he needed it in order to graduate from this college stopped him. Heechul stood up hastily, knocking the chair down with the back of his knees—he knew none of them would give a damn as it happened almost every time Mr. Kang messed around with him— and stomped his feet off, exiting the room.

 

 

 

 

 

As Heechul was approaching the entrance, swearing and uttering how his life was really miserable, someone bumped into him and almost sent him flying on the ground. It was as if that person agreed that Heechul's life was full of misfortune. Heechul hissed and looked up to whoever dared to worsen his already worst mood. His gaze hardened upon seeing two of his lecturers. They were new and Heechul actually had no problem with them yet because he did now. One of them—the one who had big built, a sinful body yet an annoying religious face—was his Statistics professor, Mr. Choi, Choi Siwon. The other one was his English Literature professor who technically wasn't the lecturers in his major but he started to take English Literature as an additional subject—forced, of course, because that was what his college demanded—since last semester; a relatively tall, also a good built but with a very cold expression— Prof. Park Jungsoo also known as Leeteuk, the nickname given by his fans which were also, unfortunately, Heechul's classmates. This particular man had the ability to turn warmer every time he was about to teach and to drastically change his aura when the class ended—a little creepy if Heechul might say.

 

 

 

"What?"

Heechul snapped, realizing that the two men were staring at him.

"Excuse me, Mr. Kim. You owe Prof. Park an apology and I will not tolerate any inappropriate behavior of my students."

Mr. Choi carefully warned, his eyes straight to Heechul's orbs. The other man mentioned in the conversation, anyhow, only let out a low sigh as he adjusted his tie, already annoyed from the boring conventional disciplinary.

 

 

 

"It was an accident. I did not mean that. Why should I apologize to—"

"Kim Heechul."

"But you're being unfair, Mr. Choi."

 

 

 

Massaging his temple lightly, Jungsoo finally took an action as he raised his hand signaling both of them to shut up. He glanced sideways and gave his younger colleague a look saying that they shouldn't prolong any of this. The latter, thankfully, got the hint and was ready to let go of his students. He suddenly felt apologetic to add mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter