「6」

Lost Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"People don't always mean their intention the way their words say in the literal meaning. That's how the concept of illocution works. Therefore, we—"

Jungsoo abruptly stopped when he saw one of his students just entered his class. The said student seemed so calm as if he hadn't just been in late, leisurely walking to a vacant seat. The whole class went silent noticing the professor seemingly waited for the latecomer to sit down.

 

 

 

"You're fifteen minutes late, Mr. Kim."

Jungsoo stated with a warm smile on his face. Heechul rolled his eyes as he put down his bag and took off his jacket.

"I got something to do, Prof. Park. I'm sorry."

 

 

 

There were murmurs among his students which Jungsoo was fully aware of. He just wished that they didn't notice the oddness between his and Heechul's relationship. It had been almost a week they were officially married and to be honest, nothing changed that much. He still peacefully lived his life and Heechul lived his; no contacting each other all this time which both of them were happy with.

 

 

 

"You see, Mr. Kim. It will not be an excuse if you know what to prioritize. I expect you to be on time next meeting."

Heechul nodded half-heartedly, annoyed with the uncalled preach. Jungsoo mentally smirked seeing how grumpy his fake husband was.

 

 

 

"Where were we? Ahh, therefore, having this concept in mind, we should be aware," Jungsoo slowly reached the padding jacket on his chair.

"Of the real intention and meaning one has in saying the utterance. And..."

He walked, all the while explaining the materials, towards Heechul's table.

"And we have to correctly understand what the speaker wants us to do in response to the utterance. That's what we call perlocution."

Jungsoo handed the padding jacket to Heechul to which the student widened his eyes. A small smile Jungsoo gave him didn't explain what was the meaning behind it.

"What—"

"Your jacket is too thin. Wear my coat."

 

 

 

As soon as Jungsoo's sweet words rolled out, the class went crazed, cheering and screaming at the newlywed. Jungsoo coolly walked away and continued to the next slide of the presentation while Heechul could only scoff in disbelief. His cheeks had to be very red now; he was very embarrassed. Grimacing, he tried to cover his face to avoid his friends' teases until it ended when Jungsoo began to lecture again. Heechul glared at the professor as he uttered under his breath, "Sickening."

 

 

 

 

 

 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jungsoo was busy fixing the scarf around his neck as he walked to his car. Many students greeted him, bowing or smiling, on the way there to which he only nodded his head to reciprocate the nice treatment. However, his smile slowly faded when he was nearing his vehicle. Something thick laid on top of his car and he knew exactly what it was—his padding. Reality check, he grabbed the coat and it was indeed his, the one he gave to Heechul earlier. A piece of paper fell off the coat which Jungsoo immediately took.

 

-I don't need you're coat.-

 

 

 

Jungsoo smirked, examining the paper, and got in the car. Once he was inside, he reread the small message, whose owner he did not have to ask who, and took a pen from his bag. He circled the words 'you're' and then kept the paper inside his bag.

"Grammar error, Mr. Kim," he muttered to himself before he dashed off.

 

 

 

 

 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Mother?"

 

 

 

Jungsoo was dumbfounded when he found his mother reading a magazine in his living room. She never mentioned anything about visiting him and surely if she'd done, he had been preparing everything and by everything, he meant one thing—Heechul. The said woman turned to him already having a sort of suspicious look on her face. 

Jungsoo's alarm went off.

 

 

 

"Where's Heechul?"

Holy .

Had he been aware that his mother might ambush them anytime even in their unready state like right now, he wouldn't have been hesitant to propose Heechul to move in with him, at least for a few weeks until his mother trusted them fully. Now, that he was cornered, he just wished he could cover all their lies with his smooth-talking.

 

 

 

"He's still in the school."

Jungsoo tried so hard not to stammer. His mother, however, looked a bit doubtful.

"Why? It's already dusk and he's still there?"

"He... Group project!"

Damn. Jungsoo felt that sweats began to cover his back as he knew his mother sensed something fishy.

"Does that also explain why I don't see any of his things here? Your house is the same plain one as it was before."

 

 

 

Red signal.

No—their play shouldn't end just like this. It was way too early for him to be caught. He wanted nothing else rather than dragging Heechul and his belongings here so that his mother could be calmed down. Yet, his husband's well-being was also unknown to him. He knew very little about Heechul and it surely did not help him at all at the moment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter