「4」

Lost Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The news that Heechul was to be wedded by arguably one of the hottest professors in the college was spread uncontrollably like an epidemic with no cure been found yet. The news became a juicy gossip that everyone seemed to be eager to consume. The proof? Heechul just stepped into his major building area for not more than five minutes but he had been stopped by his college mates he barely knew only to be asked the same damn thing.

 

 

 

"Heebongie-hyung!! You're getting married to Prof. Park?!"

Motherer.

Heechul hadn't said a single thing to a group of girls in front of him who annoyingly peppered him with a bunch of stupid questions about his relationship with that creepy professor when he heard Yesung's scream from his left which inevitably attracted the attention of the students around them. If he'd failed to remember that this was still the so-called academy state that prohibited him from strangling people, Yesung would've been found dead.

 

 

 

"Oppa, answer us! How can you be Prof. Leeteuk's bride?"

The Oppa didn't even try to conceal the disturbed expression off his face—plainly faking a smile. As he tried to glance back at Yesung, the culprit who had made his morning hectic finally came to the scene. Jungsoo, done with his first class, walked down the alley of the building leisurely, not knowing that he was being waited for.

 

 

 

His eyes accidentally meeting his professor's deep gaze behind the glasses he wore, Heechul sighed in disbelief. Jungsoo looked extremely calm and it irked him even more. Looking back at the desperate girls whose eyes had been set to the professor, Heechul simply said, voice as plain as water.

"Go ask him."

 

 

 

Heechul walked hastily to his classroom after throwing his glare on Jungsoo's bewildered face. He thought his misery would end with his being stuck with Jungsoo, but, no; Jungsoo showed him that it could be worse for the students of his major now ing knew about it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

 

 

 

 

 

"So... Let me get this straight. The jackpot you said the other day is— is this?"

 

 

 

A defeated nod was all Yesung got. He pondered a little as he observed how Heechul seemed so troubled by this, eyes soulless looking at the blank notebook in front of him. How couldn't he? Heechul never expected that this issue would have got out of hands even before he officially started his secret duty. He leaned his body forward, resting his head on his folded arms as he mumbled, "I don't know it'll be like this. I thought that sickening professor would shut his mouth."

 

 

 

Hearing Heechul's whine, Yesung exhaled audibly. He fished his phone out of his flashy bag and quickly searched for the very photo that shook his morning—nope, everyone's morning.

"You... may wanna take a look."

Yesung nudged his grumpy hyung and handed his phone. What he was about to show to Heechul was the invitation pinned on the announcement board of his major about Heechul and his professor's wedding party this weekend. He started to count on three as soon as Heechul had his eyes fixed on the phone screen and not even on the third count when Heechul's shrieking yell almost deafened his poor ears.

 

 

 

"What the ?! What the hell is—"

Heechul had no time to let out all his shock and annoyance when the door of the classroom banged opened. Heechul's breath hitched seeing Kyunghoon marching towards him, his nostrils flaring.

 

 

 

"Kyunghoon—"

"Follow me."

"Wait."

"You need to explain everything, Hyung."

 

 

 

Yesung's gaze followed Heechul being dragged by Kyunghoon until his two best friends disappeared behind the door. He let out a heavy sigh because he knew what Kyunghoon demanded was more than an explanation;

more than what Heechul could give.

 

 

 

 

 

 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung, you don't have to go this far."

"You know why I have to do this, Kyunghoon-ah."

Heechul stared at his soda can longingly as if it were the most interesting thing to ever exist. He was too anxious to return the serious gaze Kyunghoon rarely had because he knew his best friend would see through him.

 

 

 

"The orphanage... It's not your responsib—"

"Shut the up. We've ever talked about it and I thought we'd come to an agreement."

Heechul's eyes glistened as he finally strained his head up to challenge what Kyunghoon was about to say. What welcomed him was the sympathetic gaze Kyunghoon had, face with no color. The younger took a step forward and held Heechul's shoulder.

 

 

 

"Hyung."

"Five months, Kyunghoon-ah. Five ing months and we'll go away, start a new life and never come back. But please... Let me—"

 

 

 

 

 

"Ehm."

 

 

 

Both Heechul and Kyunghoon were surprised when he heard a low cough coming from near them. Heechul snapped his head to the source of the sound and his eyes widened in an instant upon seeing Jungsoo was standing there, hands in his pockets and eyes looking at him darkly. He abruptly stood up and almost switched back to his snark attitude when Kyunghoon all of the sudden stood in front of him like he was covering a kid from witnessing horror scenes.

 

 

 

"What do you want?" Kyunghoon spat to which Jungsoo only gave him a look. His dangerous eyes traveled farther down and stopped lingering at where Kyunghoon's hand was on Heechul's arm.

 

 

 

"I believe we have an agenda today, Mr. Kim."

Jungsoo said, eyes still fixed on the small physical contact. Heechul let out a long breath before he slowly pried Kyunghoon's hand away as he was about to walk to follow Jungsoo; however, Heechul finally noticed that Kyunghoon behaved strangely today as the younger stopped him by holding his wrist. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter