「19」

Lost Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jungsoo, Son, I'm staying over at your place tonight. The meeting ended later than expected and I have to be in the office early tomorrow. I've just left the building, on my way there. It's okay right?"

 

 

 

"Where should I keep my books, Prof. Park?"

"Put them under my desk for the time being."

 

 

 

Heechul did as told, stacking his books and papers under the desk in Jungsoo's room. Straightening his body afterward, he finally could relax his tensed muscles after the rush of moving his things to the master bedroom. The moment Jungsoo told him that Mrs. Park was sleeping over, they both were motionless for a couple of minutes before they snapped and as if having connected mind, they knew what they had to do.

 

 

 

"Is there anything left?"

Jungsoo asked as he was lying messily on the bed, exhausted from the unexpected night exercise.

"I'll go check it once again."

Jungsoo heard a door being closed before not long after it was opened again.

"I think we're good."

 

 

 

Jungsoo noticed that Heechul seemed to have something in mind he was reluctant to ask.

"What is it?"

"I... Uhm. How are we—"

Heechul's question was left hanging when the bell rang loudly. Jungsoo bolted out from his bed as his mind went haywire knowing his mother got here faster. They strode to the main door in speed record not minding their sloppy looks.

 

 

 

After letting her in, Jungsoo helped his mother with her not so many stuff and went to the guest room, with his mother and Heechul tagging along.

"Where are the kids?" Mrs. Park turned to Heechul.

"We've put them in bed a while ago, Mother. They—"

"Wait a minute."

 

 

 

Did she find something odd and become suspicious?

 

 

 

Both men froze instantly, waiting for what made Mrs. Park interrupt Heechul. Jungsoo gulped when his mother suddenly rubbed his clothed shoulder and winced her eyes as if trying to testify something. She, then, looked at Heechul, who was still catching his breath, and grinned widely which made Heechul cower out of nervousness.

 

 

 

"What did you boys do before I came here? Hmm?"

Mrs. Park was circling Heechul and stopped right behind him.

"You both are sweaty and... Exhausted... Out of breath."

The sneaky smirk on her face meant only one thing and Jungsoo didn't want to even think about it. But he couldn't blame his mother for misunderstanding their state now because they did look like they had just— dammit.

 

 

 

"We were cleaning the guest room, Mom," Jungsoo tried to explain although he knew it would probably be useless. Yet he had to do it because knowing how Heechul was, the younger would unlikely have the guts to explain it to his mother. He creaked open the door to Heechul's initial room which was now converted into the guest room.

"See, all clean and tidy for my beautiful-beautiful mother."

"Aww," she cooed at his son.

"Thank you for cleaning the room for me, Son."

 

 

 

Jungsoo sent his mother a look when she teasingly nudged Heechul's side and winked at him. He quickly pulled his student closer before his mother managed to twist the situation even more.

"Come on, boys. I'm okay with this kind of thing. Well, just one thing, though."

Jungsoo looked at her suspiciously.

"What is it, Mother?"

"Don't be too loud. I'm literally in the next room."

 

 

 

"Mother!!"

Jungsoo almost yelled if he didn't remember that his children could be awakened. Heechul, on the other hand, impulsively pressed his body against his professor, burying his flushed face on Jungsoo's shoulder. Thankfully, his professor seemed not to mind as a hand circled his waist.

 

 

 

 

 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

 

 

 

 

 

 

It took him a good ten minutes to ready himself coming out of the bathroom. Heechul made use of the small towel not only to dry his hair but also to hide his face. All he could think while he was showering earlier was how he would sleep tonight. He knew his professor would never allow him to be on the same bed and he actually didn't have the intention to.

 

 

 

"Do you need another pillow?"

Heechul flinched when Jungsoo's question surprised him. See? His professor, indeed, asked him to sleep somewhere else.

"I'll find it myself, Prof. Park. You don't have to—"

"Ah, here, take mine. I'll get another one."

 

 

 

Jungsoo got up and walked to the big drawer to get what he needed, not realizing that he was being observed by his student. He wordlessly came back to the bed and put the pillow on the right side of the bed.

Heechul froze.

 

 

 

"What are you doing?"

Jungsoo asked without looking at his student as he leaned to the headboard, fixing his glasses, and began to read a book. Heechul stayed unmoving for God knew how long that his professor finally gave cast him a glance.

 

 

 

"Are you not going to sleep?"

Heechul quickly sobered up. He took reluctant steps to the bed and when he finally reached it, he only had the courage to sit on the very edge.

"Prof. Park?"

"No."

Eh?

 

 

 

Heechul twisted his body slightly when Jungsoo suddenly declined whatever he was about to propose.

"No?"

Jungsoo closed his book and put it on the nightstand before he slipped his body under the thick duvet.

"No one is sleeping on the couch, Mr. Kim. My mother often wakes up in the middle of the night. Too risky."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter