「28」

Lost Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're sure it's okay?"

Heechul hummed, not sparing Jungsoo a glance as he was busy calming the fussy toddler while patting his back. They were on their way to the campus and they referred to him, his professor and Donghae. The kid suddenly got all clingy to him when they were about to drop him to the daycare. The ladies there had tried to lure Donghae with toys but it didn't work. In the end, they finally decided to take the kid with them, agreeing to take a turn in looking after Donghae.

 

 

 

"He's once in a while like this," Jungsoo sighed.

"And... What do you usually do?"

"Either calling my mother to ask for help or if she's not available, I take him with me."

Heechul nodded in acknowledgment, imagining how tough it was for his professor to run his daily life all by himself. Unconsciously, a trace of his adoration appeared in the form of a smile on his face as he glanced at Jungsoo.

 

 

 

"But, now I have you."

 

 

 

Heechul froze, his expression falling in an instant. It was not because he detested what his professor said. It was because he felt even more attached to him that he didn't know how to place himself in this family.

What he felt each day was his fate slowly coming to chastise him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm on call if you have an agenda and can't take Hae with you."

Jungsoo took out the bag containing Donghae's necessity from his car and helped Heechul to bring his backpack. Heechul smiled, nodding, and heaved the boy who was still in dazed as he'd just woken up before they arrived at the college a while ago.

 

 

 

"Look, where are you, Hae?"

Heechul cooed at the toddler as he shifted his body a little to show Donghae the surroundings. The boy blinked his eyes, trying to look at the place and remembering whether he ever came here.

"Daddy school."

Heechul was mildly surprised to know that Donghae got a good memory.

"Have you been here before with Daddy?"

"Eung. Daddy teach, Hae pway."

"Play," Jungsoo corrected, standing beside Heechul as he'd finished gathering their belongings.

"Pway," Donghae repeated but still doing the same mistake. Heechul chuckled seeing Jungsoo's defeated expression. He knew no one could ever get mad at Donghae when the kid was being so adorable, eyebrows knitted out of concentration, cheeks reddish and plump like a peach, and lips protruding trying to imitate how Jungsoo produced the sound.

 

 

 

"You can't win against him, can you, Prof.?"

Heechul teased as they began to walk to his class. Both of them were heedless to the attention of all the people they passed by gave them. Almost every one of them took a second look or even lingered their stare at the cute family strolling from the parking lot to the alley of the building. Well, everyone was giddy watching how cute the family was. 

Too bad, the only ones who were oblivious to how beautiful they looked were the couple themselves.

 

 

 

"Honestly? I can't. I mean, don't you just want to bite Hae's cheeks?"

Jungsoo jokingly complained, suppressing his will to crush his child's cheek with kisses. Heechul chuckled at the confession, somehow according to what his professor said.

"Nuuuh. No nom nom, Daddy!"

Heechul broke into a fit of laughter when Donghae suddenly glared at his Daddy, pressing against his body even more. And the response Jungsoo gave was hilarious. He never knew his professor could pout and even whine like he did right now.

"Haeee."

 

 

 

His mischievous instinct kicking in, Heechul suddenly peppered Donghae's chubby cheeks with kisses, making a loud smooching sound. And Donghae remained unbothered, fascinated with the student tag hanging around his neck. Heechul glanced back at Jungsoo and smiled in triumph seeing Jungsoo get a little sulky, looking at him petulantly.

"Maw wins, Daddy," Heechul bragged, unable to hide his grin.

Jungsoo, feeling that he was being challenged, eventually stopped Heechul and leaned closer to his son, attempting to stamp the cheek with his kisses.

"Nuuu. Daddy nom nom Hae."

Donghae whined, trying to push his Daddy away, hiding his face in Heechul's chest.

"I won't, Hae. Only a kiss."

Heechul was swaying left and right as Jungsoo kept on holding his body while persistently striving to get a kiss. All he could hear was Donghae's squeals when Jungsoo finally managed to kiss his cheek.

"Prof. Park," Heechul was caged between his professor's arms. He had to hold his professor's shoulders to keep his balance.

"God, stop it. I'm gonna fall."

 

 

 

Jungsoo suddenly halted his move and snapped to Heechul instead. He winced his eyes and a wicked smile was formed on his face, eyeing Heechul up and down.

"What?"

Heechul was alerted.

"Your cheeks..." Jungsoo's eyes were glinting.

"Nom!"

Heechul ran with all his might seeing that Jungsoo changed his target while his professor was laughing out loud, walking leisurely behind him.

"Hae, Daddy wants to nom Maw!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Your son?!"

Yesung almost dropped his phone the moment he finally proceeded what Heechul said. His eyes immediately landed on the little boy sitting comfortably on the table between Heechul's arms, drawing something on the notebook. He looked searchingly at the older and Heechul only raised his brows at him.

 

 

 

"Well, it's Prof. Park's son so yeah... Technically, he's my son."

"Son," Donghae imitated to which Heechul couldn't help but croon. He smoothened the kid's hair as he praised Donghae for being a good boy when he had a class earlier. And his being affectionate like this was like snow in the middle of summer—it could happen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter