Chapter 5

My Perfect Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

Hospital- On-call room

 

“Hey, Yuri where is Hyewon. Let’s have dinner together” Yena suggested as she just finished her evening room rounds for checking the patients.

“She’s right there, changing her clothes. Hmm. I don’t I need to come along” Nurse Yuri answered without looking at Yena, “But you know that Hyewon doesn’t eat street food so what will you eat at this hour?” as she looks at the wall clock indicating that it’s already 10 o clock in the evening.

“She can just order whatever she want” Yena scoffed “Hyewon! Let’s have dinner together! What do you want?”

“No thanks. It’s not good to eat at this late” Hyewon said while she’s fixing her coat “and you’ll gain wait”

“It’s not like one meal will turn you into me” Yena mumbles while eyeing to her friend.

“Obesity is developed one meal at a time. Let me give you an advice, just have a glass of warm water before you sleep.”

“Dr. Choi, in the three months since we’re here, you’ve gained 5kilos?” Yuri teasingly said to Yena.

“Yeah, I know” Yena replied as she rolled her eyes to her friends.

“Alright, I’m going to leave now” Hyewon states before she walks out to their on-call room.

“That Kwangbae” Yena mutters. “A star in medical school, a well-rounded scholar and she never gets flustered in critical situations. How do people like her actually exists?”

 

******

Hyewon let out a deep sighed as she reach at her apartment and walks to the kitchen to have herself a glass of milk. It helps her to sleep. She lies down on the couch and closed her eyes, her lips start to unconsciously form a small smile when she remembers that she have to call someone. Fishing out her phone as she dialed someone’s number.

‘Hi! I can’t take you call right now. Please leave a message after the beep’

Hearing this voice message makes Hyewon frowns and she looks at her phone ‘As always, she’s busy’, the young doctor thought.

 

“Hi. How are you? For me, it’s still the same. Hmmm, there’s also a girl I met I help her before and now I met her again today. Actually, I guess she’s not as annoying as I imagined. And the exams for interns will come, it’s a pity that you’re not here. I guess that’s it for today. Bye”

*****

The next morning

Hyewon woke up from her sleep, stretching her arms as she move towards her window sill, until sunrays hits her face. ‘Another day’ she thought and she do the daily morning routines. Entering the café, Hyewon somehow captures the sight of the whole café which makes her eyebrows furrow. ‘She’s not here’, she thought. She also thought that the reporter might be busy that’s why she’s not here. Lining up for her order, she just decide for takeout decides to go at hospital.

 

 On the other side, Eunbi comes to her work and sighs when she realizes the amount of folders on her table, her shoulder even slumps when she remembers the team deadline.

“Unnie!” Minju greets Eunbi, “Oh, what’s with that face?” Minju asked as she notice Eunbi’s face and slump shoulder.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter