Chapter 20

My Perfect Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s been a while” Miona smiled at Hyewon.

 

Flashback

At Hospital

A 9 year old Hyewon cried at her mom being carried away to the ER Room

“Don’t cry, Hyewon” A 14 year old Miona said “I’ll become a doctor when I grow up and cure your mom, Okay?”

“Okay” Hyewon slightly nod, as Miona pulled Hyewon in hug. After that Hyewon never saw her mom again.

*****

At school

Miona, was casually sitting in empty bench, as she watch Hyewon happily playing soccer with her classmates. Miona handed the water to Hyewon

“Hyewon, I have something to tell you”

“Yes” Hyewon smiled at her.

“I’m probably…. Emigrating with my parents” Miona softly said.

“You… you’re leaving?!” Hyewon exclaimed, which earns a nod from the latter.

“Will you still come back in the future?” Hyewon asked.

“Who can predict the future?” Miona mutters, before a loud sound of a ball being hit on the floor. And the back of young Hyewon walking out.

At the airport

“Miona. I like you!” Hyewon confidently confessed, which earns a soft chuckles from Miona.

“Yeah, I like you too” Miona said as she tries to ruffles Hyewon’s hair.

“Don’t treat me like a child! I’m grown up” Hyewon annoyingly said as she clenched her fist.

“When you grow up.. who knows, you might forget me” Miona replied

“I won’t!” Hyewon exclaimed as she shake her head. “Can you not go? Can you stay? Stay for me.” Hyewon asked gently.

“I’m sorry, Hyewon” Miona softly answered back, before she turn her back leaving the young Hyewon.

“Mom and you. All of you are the same. Always leaving me”, the young Hyewon whispered slowly, tears falling from her eyes.

******

All these vivid memories are keep coming back to Hyewon, especially that person is in front of her. Miona suddenly hug Hyewon, which earns a look from her friends especially to Eunbi.

“What’s wrong?” Miona asked as she notice that the younger doctor just keep looking at her. “Don’t tell me you don’t recognize me anymore?”

“Miona” Hyewon softly smiled at her

“Yes, and I’m back. This time… I’m really back”

“Other humans have such different lives.” Yena whispered to Yuri, “Why does Hyewon always have beautiful women hugging her?” the duck doctor continues.

“Looks determine your fate” Yuri nonchalantly said, earning a glare from the duck doctor

“How could you say--” Yena about to counter said, but Yuri cut her

“You can stop dreaming. This day is about to get interesting” Yuri said which makes Yena confused, before Yuri point Eunbi’s direction.

On the same time Eunbi carefully walks into Hyewon and Miona.

“Eunbi-ssi?” Miona asked, which makes the reporter confused on how she knows her name.

Huh?

“You’re Eunbi-ss, right? Hello” Miona charmingly smiled. “I’m Miona”, as she extend her arm for a hand shake. “I’m like an elder sister that watched Hyewon grow up”

“Ahhh.. Hi” Eunbi said

“You’re prettier that I imagined”

“You know me?” Eunbi asked

“Ahh, Hyewon mentions you a lot in the voice messages that she sends me. She says you’re a really special person.”

“What voice messages?” Eunbi confused.

“Oh, I used to work in the States. I just came back. I was wondering why she’s been interacting less with me. Now I know the reason” Miona answered, which makes Eunbi lips tug upward.

“Why didn’t tell me you had a sister figure you were close to?” Eunbi asked as her gaze shift to her girlfriend.

“We haven’t seen each other in a long time” Hyewon answered.

“It’s really nice to meet you” Eunbi looks up to meet Miona’s gaze which earns a smile from Miona.

“Likewise.” Miona said.

******

“Sister-in-law is discharged and Minju is doing well too. We should celebrate, shouldn’t we?” Yujin asked as she drives the car.

“Okay!” Minju eagerly nods. “Eunbi unnie?” Minju asked as she shift her gazed beside her. “What’s on your mind? Are you nervous because that pretty lady that came back from the States?”

“No” Eunbi directly answered as she shake her head. “She said it herself. She watched Hyewon grow up”

“Childhood friends are too innocent to notice their mutual love, isn’t that how it goes in romance dramas?” Minju said

“You’re overthinking. You can easily tell that Miona-ssi is straightforward. Things aren’t that complicated”

“No!. My intuition tells me that this Miona’s relationship with your Dr. Kang isn’t that simple” Minju replies.

“I trust Hyewon.”

“Couldn’t you tell earlier? When she appeared and walked, all pretty and fashionable and confident, it was as if she had this special charisma. Others were drawn to her”

“She’s right!” Yujin nonchalantly said. “Even I couldn’t resist looking at her. She---” Yujin cut when someone kick the driver seat before she diverted her gaze to the other two people there.

“What did you said Ahn Yujin?” Minju shows her smile, but that smile makes Yujin shivers.

“No..nothing. I didn’t look to that doctor. I swear!” Yujin exclaimed. Minju clenches her jaw as she stares at Yujin for some time before sighing “I’ll deal with you later”, Minju said.

“Y..es.Yes Ma’am” Yujin timidly answered back.

“Anyway unnie as I’m saying. This lady is a top love rival, for sure. I think you should take this seriously. Otherwise the fragile seeds of you and Dr. Kang’ love will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter