Chapter 8

My Perfect Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You finally show up!" Eunbi exclaimed, “Did you realize what you did to me by disappearing without a trace? Where did you go? Why you turned off your phone? Why didn’t you reply to my messages and ca---” Eunbi continues to bombard the young doctor with her questions.

“You’ve lost weight” Hyewon cut her, which makes Eunbi’s lips puckered.

“Because I was worried about you!”

“I’m sorry” Hyewon said, which makes Eunbi snickered as usual this woman in front of her is a fan of short and straightforward statements nevertheless, it still makes her happy .‘At least Hyewon is with me now’, she thought.

“By the way, remember you told me we’d meet no matter what?”

“Yes, I remember it”

“Then why’d you disappears right after texting me? What happened?”

“I was with my father and take a rest for a while” Hyewon replies before she proceed the counter, which makes Eunbi frowns thinking that Hyewon is sick.

“Then how are you now, are you feeling better now?” Eunbi ask while she keep tailing the young doctor.

“Yes” the doctor casually said, before she divert her gaze to the café staff “One cream bread, please and --”

“And a latte” Eunbi cut, which makes Hyewon frowns. “It’s my treat. No rejection” Eunbi continues.

“I can buy my own coffee”

“If you reject it I’ll go to the hospital and I’ll register at your service and force you to look at me all day” Eunbi smirks at the young doctor, then she fish out her credit card.

Feeling defeated by the reporter threat, all could Hyewon did is let a deep sigh.

*****

They settled to sit on table, which Eunbi occupied earlier and the reporter keep looking the doctor with sheepish smile.

“Why are you looking at me?”

“Your face is so angelic” Eunbi nonchalantly said.

“Your staring makes me lose my appetite”

“Then I won’t look at you or think of me as an air” Eunbi paused “I’m colorless, untouchable and invisible, but you always need it” Eunbi sheepish smile at her punchline remark.

“Why are you doing this to me?”

“Hmmm.. One, you’re pretty and two, in case you disappear again”.

“I know you like me” Hyewon nonchalantly said, which makes Eunbi gasp. “I’m wrong?”

“No!” Eunbi paused “It’s not as if you just found out, do you have to say it so directly?”

“I recall that I rejected you before” Hyewon sighs as she leans back from her seat.

“Bu you gave me chance too!” Eunbi confidently exclaimed, which makes Hyewon chuckles.

“You’re going to be late” Hyewon tries to change the topic, which is successful as Eunbi look at her wrist watch again.

“Oh!” Eunbi gasp “I prioritized love over work again!” and hastily pick up her bag “Ah! You!! You’re having a dinner with me!”

“I’m sorry, I---”

“Your rejection is rejected!” Eunbi exclaimed “Maybe you think I’m a fool, but losing contact with you made me think I’d never see you again…” she paused “I’ve never felt so afraid before. Compared with possibility of losing someone forever, what’s so hard about courageously expressing my love?” Eunbi continues while Hyewon just looking at Eunbi’s eyes, those onyx eyes.

 “See you tonight!” the reporter said without waiting for Hyewon replies as she exits off to the café and Hyewon could do is just staring the back of Eunbi’s retreating figure while take a sip of her coffee. ‘What a stubborn reporter’, she thought.

*****

At Seoul Hospital Hospital- On-call room.

Both Yena and Yuri are taking their break, and as usual Yena is messing up with the nurse.

“Yuri-ah look at my I.D! I’m a full time doctor now” Yena proudly showing up her new identification card to the nurse.

“Tskk. You’re face looks so big on that I.D” Yuri said with a teasing tone.

“What did--” Yena paused as Hyewon enters the room.

"Kwangbae! You’re finally back!” Yuri exclaimed.

“Congrats! Dr. Kang” both Yuri and Yena said in unison, which earns a chuckle from the latter.

“You too! Congrats Dr. Choi”

“You scored highest on the exams” Yuri giddy said, which makes Yena frown.

“Hey I passed too!” Yena exclaimed as she keep slightly hitting her chest.

“But you’re not the first” Yuri said “Hey! Kwangbae, let me look at your brain” she continues as tip toe and she casually poking Hyewon’s forehead. “How can you have a perfect brain --”

Hyewon cut her as she reach for Yuri’s hand, “You changed your lipstick”, which makes Yuri gasp and scream as if she saw her idol.

“Holy cow, Kang Hyewon!” Yuri exclaimed, “You’re the only person who noticed it since I got here this morning!” Yuri said as she continues to feel giddy “From now one, you’re the only idol in my heart” which makes Yena frowns.

“Turn around and let me see” Yena said as she she bends down to Yuri’s height “I don’t see any difference from yesterday?”

Yena nonchalantly said which earns a smack from Yuri. “As usually, what do you even know” Yuri mutters.

This makes Hyewon smiles a little, she always found it cute every time her frie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter