Chapter 19

My Perfect Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 19

 

Eunbi feels giddy knowing that Hyewon is waiting for her, all her tiredness in gone.

“Hyewon!” Eunbi exclaimed which caught the attention of the doctor and smiled at her.

“Let’s do what couples do” Hyewon said

“A date!” Eunbi exclaimed as Hyewon takes initiate to interlock their hands together and casually sway it together as they start walking.

“Like this we’re walking in the streets, going to eat, going shopping, and watching movies. Regardless we stick together like we’re conjoined “Eunbi happily said, as she closed the gap between her and Hyewon, that they’re conjoined.

“Conjoined twins are supposed to be surgically separated” Hyewon chuckles, which makes Eunbi pouts.

“Don’t do that” Hyewon said, Eunbi is looks so cute for Hyewon’s liking. “Aren’t we going to get a late-night snack?” Hyewon asked.

“What we eat and where isn’t important. The important thing is I’m with you”

*****

The two of them are now in late night food stalls, as Eunbi suggestion which makes Hyewon frowns.

“Everything here is delicious” Eunbi exclaimed “You won’t regret coming here”

“But I don’t eat street foods. Simple boiling and roasting can’t rid meat and vegetable bacteria and eating outside means there are plenty of airborne germs. Let’s go somewhere el--” Hyewon nonchalantly said.

“Dr. Kang” Eunbi cuts her “The food here is really amazing, please give it a try” Eunbi exclaimed.

“But it’s filled with germs. It’s bad for your health” Hyewon argues back.

 “Wrong!” Eunbi scowls. “You’re a doctor, so you should know that people have to eat delicious food to be happy, and being happy prevents illness” Eunbi shows her puppy eyes to Hyewon, which is successful.

“Alright” Hyewon sighs, “You’re really something” the doctor chuckles

“Come on!” Eunbi happily said as she drags Hyewon.

“Ajumma, please give us two servings of tteokbokki and eomuk” Eunbi happily said

Eunbi is happily eating the street foods, while Hyewon just looking at her cup with crossed arm.

“Why aren’t you eating?”

“You’ll might get diarrhea eating this foods”

“Hey, for the sake of a good meal that’s not much of a sacrifice. I can just take medicine if my stomach is upset” Eunbi answered. “Dr. Kang, please set your occupational hazard aside and try it” Eunbi pick the unused disposable chopstick for Hyewon and handed it to the latter.

Hyewon pick one piece of tteokbooki as she hesitantly take a small bite.

“Its bit spicy” Hyewon frowns which makes Eunbi laugh, Hyewon looks like an innocent child right now in her eyes, which is rarely for Hyewon. Eunbi feels happy when she can witness this side of her Ms. Perfect.

“My Perfect girlfriend looks perfect even when she’s eating street food” Eunbi nonchalantly said as she look at Hyewon.

“Why are you looking at me? Your food will get cold if you keep looking at me”

“Anyone would stare like an idiot if they had a girlfriend like you” Eunbi grineed widely. “Oh right! You aren’t jealous that I had dinner with Chaeyeon, right?” Eunbi asked. Eunbi told a story about Chaeyeon and when Chaeyeon invited her for dinner, she send a message to Hyewon about her where about.

“Jealous?” Hyewon asked, which earn a nod from Eunbi.

“Why?. I have to jealous?” Hyewon asked

“When someone is going after your girlfriend, jealousy is a normal response” Eunbi answered.

“What you did is your liberty”

“You really don’t care?” Eunbi pouts, thinking that Hyewon doesn’t care at all.

 “Would you consider anger or caring or fighting about it is a typical response” Hyewon asked, which makes Eunbi think about it and smiled

“No” Eunbi shakes her head “Because you trust me and have faith in our relationship, that’s why you’re not jelous, right?” which earns a nod from the doctor.

“We know each other’s hearts without saying, right?”

“Yes” Hyewon smiled

******

“I’ll take some ice cream” Eunbi suddenly suggested “Here, try this” Eunbi said as she scoop an ice cream and put it close to Hyewon’s mouth.

“Durian?” Hyewon ask, which earns a nod from Eunbi “But I don’t eat durian” Hyewon said.

“It smells bad, but if you just have a taste, you’ll totally feel differently”

“No thank you, you can have it all” Hyewon refused to eat.

“Tsk tsk” Eunbi scowls as she take a scoop and continue to eat. She can’t do anything about her stubborn doctor so she just gives in.

The reporter keeps eating not minding the cream in her lips. Hyewon notice this and reaches out until she leans in to capture Eunbi lips – a quick peek.

“It doesn’t taste good at all” Hyewon said as she taste the ice cream on her lips. Leaving Eunbi stunned because of her actions. Eunbi likes watching drama and she often see it drama’s cliché scenarios now it’s happening to her. Since when Hyewon became this affectionate especially they’re in public.

“I see this in dramas too” Hyewon gives her a small smirk to tease the reporter.

“Yah!” Eunbi whines, earning a wide smile from the doctor. Eunbi lowered her face to hide her flustered cheeks. Hyewon begins to smile more and ruffled Eunbi’s hair. Cute, Hyewon thought.

“You’re so cute, Eunbi. Did you know?” Hyewon said looking the embarrassed reporter.

Please with what Hyewon said, Eunbi lift her head and look at Hyewon “Yeah I know”, Eunbi softly mutters.

*****

After eating the two settled in an empty bleachers, with interlock hands.

“I’m really happy” Eunbi initiated the conversation.

“I’m glad you’re happy”

“The happiest thing in the world is when the person you like likes you too. Like us right now” Eunbi said “You sitting next to me, looking at me. The two of us having eyes only for each other.”

“Hurry tell me this is not an illusion right” Eunbi suddenly suggested, for her everything happening right now to her is perfect- too perfect.

Hyewon casually lift her right hand and pinch Eunbi’s face, which earns an exclaimed for the latter. “Ahhh. It’s real, not dream. Analysis complete” which makes Hyewon chuckles.

 “You know it’s really hard to believe. Just few days ago, I was still clinging onto you and now we’re together” Eunbi said which makes Hyewon lean closer and kiss Eunbi’s forehead.

“Kang Hyewon is working hard to be Kwon Eunbi’s girlfriend” Hyewon said as she look at Eunbi’s eyes “It’s real, not a dream”

 

*****

Days turn into weeks turn into months, Hyewon and Eunbi relationship goes well at the same of Eunbi’s two buddies – Yujin and Minju. After the night that they’re official relationship, Eunbi didn’t missed and caught interlocking hands of the two and not to mention the two flustered face of Minju and Yujin. Eunbi is happy seeing this that her two buddies are happy. But sometimes she felt left out especially during lunch break. The new couple never failed to keep saying cheesy words or affection to each other.

“Oh please stop,” Eunbi mumbles as she shakes her head in frustration early in the morning. “Please go to other place where you can show your affection and cheesy word, it makes my fingers curls”

“Well sister-in-law just tell us that you just miss your Dr. Kang” Yujin teases her, earning a laughter from Minju, and a whine from Eunbi. Hyewon has been so busy this past days because of her research, that they can’t see each other aside from messaging each other.

“Yah!” Eunbi scowls earning a laughter form her two friends “You guys continue with that, oh right Minju will be on Busan tomorrow“, and this time Yujin start to whine. Eunbi rushes to her cubicle, before she saw the aegyo from Yujin.

*****

The next day,

“You keep staring on your phone” Eunbi mutters

“Minju hasn’t replied yet to my message. I miss her” Yujin said which makes Eunbi’s eyes roll

“It’s just a day. While me I haven’t seen Hye---” Eunbi scowls.

“Boo Unnie!! Don’t include Dr. Kang here” Yujin cuts her.

“Then how about you---” Eunbi scowls before her phone rings. Eunbi frowns turn into a smile as she saw the name appeared on her phone screen, then she hastily unlocks her phone.

 “Have you eaten?” Hyewon ask in other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter