Chapter 12

My Perfect Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the next day, Eunbi was discharged to the hospital and she decide to go to work since her mom is still in business trip.

“Good morning Unnie!” Miju greeted Eunbi, “how’s your fever?” Minju asked.

“I’m fine, but I have a follow-up check-up later” Eunbi sheepishly smile. She’s internally exclaimed that she’ll going to visit the hospital later.

“My future sister in law, the editor-in- Chief wants so see you” Yujin suddenly blurted out while grinning widely, which makes both Minju and Eunbi frowns.

“Unnie why would Ms. Bae, would like to see you?” Minju nonchalantly asked.

“You didn’t finish you’re deadlines!” Yujin grasp.

“You stupid dog! Why would unnie do that?” Minju exclaimed to Yujin, which makes Yujin shrieks from Minju’s outburst. “Unnie, go to Ms. Bae office now”

“I will, and don’t scowls too much at my future- in-law too” Eunbi scoffs, which makes the Minju and Yujin blushes from her statement.

“Ms. Bae?” Eunbi softly knock on editor in chief room.

“Ah right! Ms. Kwon. Are you alright now?” Ms. Irene Bae, asked as she knows what happened to Eunbi yesterday.

“I ‘am, and I’ll go to the hospital later for the follow-up check-up” Eunbi smiled at her boss.

“That’s nice to heard” Irene paused as she hand out the white envelope to Eunbi, “This is a formal party invitation- most of them are form fashion industry. I want you to be there and write an article”. Formal party, Eunbi thought “But I don’t wear formal dresses”, which makes her frowns.

“Hahaha! The party will be three weeks from now so I think that’s enough for you to think and pick your dress” the Editor-in-Chief smiled at Eunbi. Eunbi just take the job offer, what can she do her job duty is calling her, she just hope that everything will be okay.

“I’ll go ahead now Ma’am” Eunbi bows a little as she takes her leave to the room.

*****

Looking at the clock now its 3 o’clock, meaning her appointment to the hospital near.

“Coffee. Half sugar” Yujin suddenly tap her table and hand out a coffee. “With perfect temperature” Yujin said.

“Thanks!” Eunbi said as she takes a sip

“Unnie your appointment in the hospital” Yujin smirks at Eunbi. “I’ll accompany you!” Yujin exclaimed.

“But I still have an article to do” Eunbi puckers her lips, as she look at the folder on her right side.

“Forget about the article!” Yujin paused “I need to deliver you to Dr. Kang!”

“I like that!” Eunbi exclaimed as her ears perked up, as she heard the doctor’s name. “Forget the article! Ahn Yujin, you’re so great. I really approved you as my future-in-law”, which makes Yujin’s cheeks turned into tomato.

“Alright, let’s go to the hospital” Yujin mutters, which Eunbi’s eagerly nods.

******

At Seoul- Hospital

“Your fever is bit gone now” Dr. Son said, she’s a senior resident doctor in the hospital.

Eunbi puckers her lips, “This doesn’t count as surgery?” Eunbi innocently asked Dr. Son.

“Ms. Eunbi, let me tell you two things” Dr. Son scoffs. “First, Hyewon has a surgery today. Second, she’s a cardio surgeon. Your fever is too far from your heart”

“That’s not what I mean”, Eunbi embarrassingly scratch her nape. “Do I need to stay in hospital?”

“To be honest, before you like someone. First you have to like yourself” Dr. Son pulled out her face mask and she take a look at Eunbi’s eyes. “You have take care of yourself to be able to take care of others” Dr. Son paused and smiled a bit to Eunbi. “For example, if you like a cop, you can’t go be a thief. Likewise, if you like a doctor, you can’t go be a patient”

“Dr. Son do you have a boyfriend?”

“Girlfriend” Dr. Son replied which makes Eunbi embarrassed again, “and I do have a girlfriend” Dr. Son continues.

“Really? How did you two meet?”

“I was just working here. Then she came in with appendicitis” Dr. Son smiled, “That’s how we met”

“You can’t fake appendicitis. I know that” Eunbi mutters. “Why do you love her?”

“I don’t know either” Dr. Son frowns “It’s just, I met the right person at the right time. So I fell in love.”

“It’s like that for me too” Eunbi mutters, remembering how she met Hyewon. “Then how can I get the right person to love me too?”

“I don’t know that much, but you can’t use appendicitis” Dr. Son laugh, “but later on we broke up”, which makes Eunbi grasp.

“Really, but---”

“Hyewon” Dr. Son cuts Eunbi as she saw her colleague standing at the door. “You finished your surgery?” which earns a nod from Hyewon.

“Alright, I’’ll go the in-patient, I’ll leave Ms. Eunbi to you” Dr. Son said, as she stand up and leaving the room.

Hyewon pulls out the chair across to Eunbi who is grinning widely. Hyewon quirks a single eyebrow at the smiling reporter, before she read the folder that contains the medical report of Eunbi.

“Thank you” Eunbi mutters.

“For what?” Hyewon replies, without looking at the reporter. “This is my job”

“Thank you f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter