Chapter 7

My Perfect Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day

 

 “How come you’re here?” Hyewon ask when she saw Eunbi, with a paper bag on her hands. Eunbi is waiting outside Hyewon’s apartment hoping that she can see the doctor.

“Uhm here” Eunbi said while she extend her arm with a paper bag on Hyewon, which Hyewon gladly accepts and carefully look into it.

“Why don’t you just deliver it” Hyewon frowns when she see it was her coat.

“Hmmm, maybe you don’t have plan to see me so I decide to deliver it personally to you so I can see you one more time” Eunbi said as she fiddles her fingers and looks down. “Don’t worry, I won’t bother you anymore in the future” she continues.

“I’m really sorry about yesterday. I sho-”

“No, don’t say that. Don’t reject me by saying I’m too good for you and we can still be friends, when we barely know each other” Eunbi mutters especially the last words. “That’s all.”

“Uhmm. I forget to give this to you” Eunbi fished out two tickets from her bag “Well.. I bought two tickets for a festival next month. I actually wanted to go with you but I think you should go with the person you like.” Eunbi casually without waiting for Hyewon’s reply she drop the two tickets to Hyewon’s paper bag and hastily turn her back.

“Wait a second” Hyewon said which makes Eunbi halt on her track.

“Please keep this ticket” the doctor said “I’ll be quite busy for some days”, which makes Eunbi frowns thinking that Hyewon keeps rejecting even she gave the tickets to her.

“Please wait ‘til I came back and let’s go together” Hyewon said, which makes Eunbi’s face flushed.

“Wh- what about your girlfriend?”

“I never said that I have a girlfriend” Hyewon said.

“But you said, you have someone you like” Eunbi mutters, which makes Hyewon frowns.

“Do you want to go or you don’t--”

“I want!” Eunbi cut Hyewon and hastily take the tickets. “I’ll keep this and wait for you” Eunbi exclaimed as she hide her blushing cheeks to Hyewon.

“Yes, I’ll have to focus for my final exam and this is my number” Hyewon casually said and hand her calling card to the reporter.

“Then, see you when you came back?” Eunbi shyly ask, she receive a nod from the Hyewon.‘I’ll wait for you’ Eunbi thought.

On that night, Eunbi can be seen keep looking at her phone, well she just messaged the young doctor last 30 minutes ago and she didn’t get any reply from the latter, which makes her frowns ‘She’s that busy?’ Eunbi let a deep sighed and just decide to do her daily night routine.

After 15minutes, Eunbi is drying her hair until she heard her phone beep – indicating she received a messaged. Feeling giddy she runs on her bed and hastily unlocking her phone.

‘Yes, I’m studying and have a good sleep. Good night’

Others might see it as a simple and cold message but on for Eunbi, it makes her heart beating so fast. She bites her lips before she leans slowly on her bed head rest. ‘You make me crazy, Kang Hyewon. Just a little bit more’, she hopes.

 

****

It was just another day where everybody is busy typing something by the around of keyboards while others hastily doing something to meet up their deadline respectively, but not for Eunbi. It was nearly a month since her favorite doctor last contact her.

“Yah!” Minju exclaimed which makes Eunbi stands up and give her a bow. “I’m really sor – Minju?”

“Unnie, what is happening to you?” Minju frowns when she notice Eunbi’s dark circle underneath her eyes “Are you love sick?”

“Minju-ah” she paused and look straight at Minju “Say, when my calls or message never get replied, what does it means?”

“So Hyewon didn’t answer your calls or messages?”

“It’s not Hyew---” Eunbi tries to deny it.

“Maybe she’s bit busy and want some time off” Minju casually said, ignoring Eunbi reply. “So, I don’t see any strange with that if she cut all of her contacts” Minju paused but this time she look at Eunbi with smirk on her face “or maybe she doesn’t want to contact you?” which makes Eunbi smacks her hand.

“She sent me a message before and she even promise me that we will meet together” Eunbi said to Minju and Minju has to hold back to roll her eyes at her unnie. “What’s the meaning of that?”

“She did and she made that promise to you?” Minju asked “So, you’re now in a stage of making promises” Minju continue to ask, and this time with a teasing tone.

“I-I don’t know”

“Hmmm, maybe it’s really nothing Unnie. Don’t overthink yourself” and Eunbi just let a sigh, maybe Minju is right.

 

It almost lunch break, when Eunbi step out from their Editor-in-Chief as she hand out her report, and she heard Minju’s laugh with Yujin. She stares both of her colleague, who are still not aware of her presence. It actually makes her smile, seeing how Minju gets comfortable with Yujin. Eunbi steps near to them and invited them for a lunch outside.

****

“Unnie what’s with your order, you only order a chicken salad?” Minju start a conversation after they finished ordering. Minju is looks at Eunbi in disbelief “A chicken salad in lunch?”

“Why? I have to start diet, so when Hyewon and I meet again. I’ll get ier in her eyes” Eunbi smirks and sips a water

“Oh! Please unnie. This morning you have this sour mood and now you have this confidence” Minju scoffed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter