pt. 9

Obsession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

baekhyun chest heaved with each breath he took, ever breath burning his airways.

he hated exercising. yet he forced himself to do it, it benefited him and also his 'hobbies', people normally fell for a fit person and baekhyun wanted to get whoever he wanted to like him.

he changed a lot of things about himself to suit an obsession, if that was his hair colour, his clothes, the way he acted.

but one thing was the same with all of them, they all wanted someone in shape.

he was close to his apartment, so he slowed down into a brisk walk, letting his breathing try to relax.

"hey."

the words nearly went unnoticed by baekhyun, but he stopped in his tracks, a familiar male coming into view.

baekhyun immediately plastered on a smile, pulling out one of his earphones, "hey." he replied, his breathing still heavy.

"you've got me feeling guilty now because you're out exercising." kyungsoo chuckled, the small action making baekhyun's smile grow even wider.

baekhyun let out a lighthearted scoff, "it took a lot of coaxing myself outside."

"it's better than i'll ever do." kyungsoo replied.

baekhyun fought the urge to furrow his brows and protest at what kyungsoo said, he didn't like him talking badly about himself. in fact, he despised it.

"isn't it a bit busy to be doing it out here?" kyungsoo huffed as he pulled down the shutter, baekhyun now realising he was closing up the shop, he didn't realise time had went by the fast.

"i'm home anyways."

kyungsoo looked confused as he turned around.

baekhyun thought he looked adorable, his bushy brows knitted together as his thick lips unintentionally formed a pout.

baekhyun wanted to squeeze him right then and there.

with a small smile, he pointed to the apartment above the closed bookstore.

kyungsoo's round eyes followed baekhyun's slender finger before realising what he meant.

"oh my god, you live up there?"

baekhyun nodded with a smile.

"you're so lucky, you can come down and get books whenever you want." kyungsoo smiled, that same smile that always caused baekhyun's breathing to hitch.

"yeah." baekhyun agreed, but deep down he disagreed he never liked reading, it was boring. why learn about fictional people when you can go out and do it yourself? it was more exhilarating that way.

"do you wanna come up for a coffee or something?" baekhyun blurted out, trying to make it seem sudden but he'd been planning for a time alone with kyungsoo for a while.

"no, no," kyungsoo shook his head, "i don't want to bother you."

baekhyun fought back the frustrated huff.

how could you be bothering me?! when i asked you politely for coffee, can't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter