Bonus 7: First Date

Distant Torment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To say that Haeun wasn’t nervous would be an extreme understatement. This was her first date, ever, and she totally wasn’t ready.

“Mom!” she hollered, blankly staring into her open closet, looking at the clothes.

“What?” her mom yelled back from the living room.

“I have no clothes!” There was a long-suffering sigh that was heard all the way to her bedroom before she could hear her mother’s footsteps coming towards her.

“Yes, you do,” her mother sighed as she leaned against the doorway.

“No, I don’t. I can’t wear any of these,” Haeun complained, waving a hand in front of her closet. Her mother didn’t understand that these clothes weren’t fit enough for a date. This was important! She was going on her first date, and it was after she turned sixteen. What if Jeonghan was her soulmate? She didn’t want to look like a total slob in front of her soulmate!

“Why not, Haeun? You have plenty of nice clothes,” her mother responded, moving to look through her clothes. Her mother took out a lavender blouse with white net sleeves, showing it to Haeun. “Look how pretty this is!”

“Mom, please, those net sleeves are not it. Plus it’s freezing outside!”

Her mom sent her a look but continued to search through her closet. “Okay, how about a dress? This is a very pretty dress and fitting for this time of the year,” she explained. It was a navy sweater dress that came down to her knees, and Haeun knew exactly which pair of thigh-high boots would match that dress perfectly, and with the way her mom was looking at her, she knew it too.

Hauen’s mom wordlessly passed the dress to her with a bright smile before walking out of her room, closing the door behind her quietly to let Haeun get dressed. 

Haeun just stared at the dress for a bit, the one that was in her closet for the entirety of the 20 minutes that she’d been standing in front of, before sighing.

“Alright, it’s time to get dressed.”

~~~

Haeun got over her nervousness fairly quickly when it came to Jeonghan’s presence. There was something about him that made her feel so comfortable and able to be herself in front of him, and the conversation flowed easily between them. They

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter