Bonus 3: The Origin Story

Distant Torment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You know,” Jeonghan mused, “I think your soulmate might be into getting hurt.” 

Haeun glared at him while Dongwoo responded with a raised eyebrow, “You know there’s a word for that, right? It’s called being masochistic.”

She let out a groan and resisted the urge to bang her head against the table. “Yeah, well, if you two don’t shut up, we might just be able to find out if that label applies to you two as well,” she growled, slamming her phone down on the table instead. It had been a long week, and her soulmate was getting hurt with something new every other day. Today was the day that the idiot somehow ended up with a cut almost an inch long on the forearm, which was now bruising on Haeun’s arm. 

“Yikes, the phone did nothing to you, girl,” Jeonghan responded, carefully picking up her phone and inspecting it for any damage before setting it back down. The three of them were sitting in the lounge area of their university building after their class had ended early in order to wait for Eunji’s class to end as well.

“I’m already anxious as it is,” she responded, dropping her head down on his shoulder. He patted her head gently as though she were a little girl. 

“You’re still stressed over the essay results?” Dongwoo asked, gently poking her shoulder. Haeun nodded against Jeonghan’s shoulder.

“Yes, I’m still stressed. It’s for a scholarship, and it could really help put me in the spotlight for a lot of different firms, especially because I still don’t know which side of law I want to do. A bunch of high ranking firms look at these databases for new graduates. Besides, the results should’ve been posted by now!”

Dongwoo nodded slowly before answering, “Wasn’t the final round announced to be between you and Hongjoong?” 

“Ugh,” she groaned, picking her head up off of Jeonghan’s shoulder, “don’t even say his name in front of me. That needs someone to deflate his ego.”

“Unfortunately, he and his big ego are on their way over to us,” Jeonghan whispered, jerking his head in the direction behind Haeun. “I don’t think anyone has time to deflate it in the time he walks over to us.”

Haeun whipped her head around to find the man in question walking over to her with a scowl on his face, and she immediately wanted to clobber him over the head.

“Na Haeun,” Hongjoong formally greeted, in a voice louder than it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter