Bonus 2: Disaster in the Making

Distant Torment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Baekhyun, seriously, this is not going to work,” Haeun tried to explain, for the fourth time in the last hour, to her boyfriend as he tried to wrangle Kai into a cat leash.

“It would do him some good to get actual fresh air once in a while,” Baekhyun countered, using the same argument he’d been using everytime she tried to bring up how disastrous this would go. 

Not all cats liked the outdoors, and Haeun didn’t believe for one second that Kai was going to be the exception to that. 

“I take him out!”

“Him being in a cage while you take him from the apartment, to your car, to the vet, and back does not count, Haeun.”

“Let a mother be worried about her son, alright?”

Baekhyun paused in his movements, and Kai took the chance to jump out from his lap to run and hide underneath the couch. “Mother?” he asked, raising an eyebrow. “He’s a cat.”

“So? I raised him,” she countered, leaning her hip against the couch.

“A year into the relationship, and I’m already a father, that’s wonderful.” Sighing, Haeun smacked him in the back of the head lightly before crouching till she could see the silhouette of her cat underneath the couch.

Twenty minutes, several treats, three scratches, and a (finally) proper set harness later, Haeun and Baekhyun were walking out to the sidewalk in front of their apartment building. At first, Kai seemed intrigued by everything around him, so Haeun carefully set him down on the ground.

He took a few steps forwards, looking at the birds flying in the sky before trying to follow one that had dipped down low to pick up a piece of bread from the ground before the leash stopped him from going too far. Kai, now realizing that the piece of fabric was stopping him from running off, started to bite and claw at the fabric, but once he realized that the fabric wasn’t going to rip, the cat quickly gave up.

Haeun pulled at the leash, biting her lip as she tried not to laugh at the pure sass Kai was radiating as he plopped down on the sidewalk and refused to move. He just glared at her before turning his head away, instead finding something else to look at. After he found nothing interesting or new, he the bottom of his paw before using it to wash behind his ears. 

Baekhyun moved to pull at a blade of grass bef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter