Bonus 5: All I wanna do (is kick it with you)

Distant Torment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was torn between wondering if this was the best or worst thing he’d ever done in his life. His girlfriend was standing next to him, screaming like it was nobody’s business, as the closing cutscene for the AOMG concert played. The only thing left on the setlist was the closing encore, and Baekhyun honestly couldn’t wait to be out of there. He had enjoyed himself thoroughly as the music thumped in his brain and the collective infectious energy of the stadium brought him excitement and happiness, but the screaming was really getting to him.

Especially Haeun’s.

He couldn’t exactly blame the girl considering she had wanted to see her favorite artists live for ages, and thanks to him (or, rather, his aunt), he’d managed to make that a reality, but the girl had a pair of lungs on her. He had a feeling that he’d have some minor tinnitus for a few days as his ears recovered from the loud noise. 

When the lights had dimmed, the screen going black as the video ended, he could feel the sudden burst of excitement and energy that was just bubbling underneath the surface. The crowd had gotten mostly silent, anticipating how the encore would begin and what song would be performed, but instead of getting caught up in that, Baekhyun just looked around. 

The stadium was huge — made to fit up to 50,000 people, and the front stage was split up into two sections where there was a walkway connecting the two, screaming fans surrounding the area. There was even a DJ booth set up right up at the front, but it was emptied out for the closing cutscene video. There were light sticks shining along with small lights alongside the stairs for people to see, and despite the hip hop focused concert drawing mostly young adults and teens, there were quite a few people that Baekhyun could see that were in their 50s and 60s. The entire concert setlist had everyone singing along loudly and screaming with the fanservice, but it was that last performance that had everyone holding their breath for the epic finale.  

Next to him, Haeun was practically vibrating with anticipation and excitement, and despite his earlier annoyance about his ears bleeding, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter