"Change is annoyingly difficult."

Suayeon one-shots

Staring outside the train window, Siyeon was listening to music and tapping her finger on the table to the rhythm of the song. She was finally moving away from home to chase her dreams. She passed her audition and was accepted into the Happy Face Entertainment company as a trainee.

From now on, she would live in Seoul and would start her journey. Her parents found an ad, someone was looking for a roommate, and they have helped her sort out everything. She was only 17 so she was thankful to her parents for always being there for her, ready to help at any given moment.

She exhaled a deep breath and began thinking of the apartment she would live in. She wasn't there when her parents went over to talk to the girl living there.

What was her name again? Kim Boa? Kim Bora? Something like that.

They have said that she was polite and nice, so hopefully, they would get along well. The last thing Siyeon wanted was an annoying, y roommate.

With that in mind, Siyeon opened her texts and began texting that Boa girl.

[Siyeon new roomie!]
Hey Boa, I'll be at the station in like 30 minutes, we are meeting there, right?

[Kim Boa roommate]
Hey! Yes, I'll wait for you there :)

[Siyeon new roomie!]
Awesome, see you :)

[Kim Boa roommate]
Btw, I'm Bora, not Boa lol

[Siyeon new roomie!]
Crap... sorry Bora! :/

Boa, Bora, eh, close enough. Siyeon shook her head smiling and quickly edited her contact name making sure the mistake wouldn't happen again.

[Kim BoRa roommate]
It's okay!
Text me again when you get here :)

[Siyeon new roomie!]
I will :)

Siyeon exited the app and placed her phone in her lap. Bora seemed friendly enough. Perhaps, moving wouldn't be too bad.

--

Arriving at the station, Siyeon stepped outside and looked around a bit lost. Soon there was a huge crowd of people surrounding her and she just needed to get out. She pushed through and looked around searching for Bora. Siyeon texted her the details, but she didn't even know how Bora looked like and it was making her anxious. All her parents said was that she was a pretty girl with black hair. That could be literally any girl here.

She ran her fingers through her hair, eyes going left-right, and soon a hand grabbed her arm from the side making her turn her head towards the person.

"Looking like a lost puppy already, aren't you?" Bora smiled at Siyeon and at first, Siyeon wasn't sure if that was really her, new roommate, or some creepy girl. Bora realized Siyeon being uncomfortable by her touch so she let go of her arm.

"You're Bora?" Siyeon asked looking at her a bit suspicious. Black hair? Check. Pretty girl? Definitely check. 

"I see you learned my name, great!" She chuckled and made Siyeon blush. Yes, that was definitely Bora. 

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that..." Siyeon rubbed the back of her neck with her hand and smiled embarrassedly by the mistake from earlier on.

"Hi So-Ri, I'm Bora! Nice to finally meet you!" She took her hand out and Siyeon shook it rolling her eyes.

"Is our first interaction really going to be a dumb dad joke, oh my god..."

Bora laughed watching Siyeon cringe and frown.

"But yes, hi, I'm Siyeon, actually." She realized she was still holding her hand so she let it go. She was already making a fool out of herself; she didn't need to be clingy as well.

"You're like, really pretty." Bora spoke and scanned Siyeon's face. Her parents showed her a picture of Siyeon on their phone, but in person, she looked even cuter.

Siyeon furrowed her eyebrows and leaned down her head closer to Bora as she didn't hear what she said because of the train and all the announcements going on. That made Bora panic a bit and she got overwhelmed.

"Erm... I asked, have you been to the city?" She spoke louder and Siyeon made an "oh" hearing her now and nodded.

"Yeah, a few times actually, but I don't know much really." She pouted and looked around the big train station. It was so busy here; it was making her head spin by all the noise.

"I'll show you around, don't worry! Come on, let's go to your new home!" Bora took her hand and Siyeon followed her, excited and nervous at the same time.

Her new life was just about to start.

--

"Ta-dah!"

Bora walked in and Siyeon followed her carrying her suitcase. She looked around Bora's place. Well, their place now.

Everything was a bit cramped, but that was normal in Korea, Seoul especially. You couldn't really find anything bigger for a decent price of rent. Nevertheless, it still looked really nice.

She walked over to the middle of the room seeing the small kitchen to her right and to her left a door probably leading to the bathroom. Walking around, she saw a bed in the corner on the floor, a closet and a small table next to it and on the wall a tv. Siyeon didn't need much, all of this was good enough.

Bora stepped closer and noticed Siyeon's gaze lingering on the bed a bit longer than with the rest of the things in the room.

"Erm, hope it won't be much of a problem. Your parents said that they don't mind." Bora chuckled and Siyeon smiled looking at her.

"Yeah, because you're not a guy."

Bora grinned. She would never accept a guy she didn't know personally to live with her. Who knew what could happen. With girls, it was different; plus, Siyeon seemed sweet.

"So... How do you like it? I'm a bit of a clean freak, so don't worry, it will stay this clean." Bora laughed wiping her finger on a cupboard. She looked at it smirking seeing no dust. Siyeon rested her hands on her hips and looked around the apartment again taking everything in.

"It's really cute and nice. Thanks, Bora, for making me your roommate." Siyeon looked over at Bora who waved her hand at her.

"Please! Make yourself at home, because it's yours now as well." Siyeon smiled at her kind words and carried her suitcase over to the bed starting to unpack. She brought over so many clothes, she didn't know how it all fitted into her small suitcase.

"I cleaned out my closet, so you get your equal half." Bora said while walking over and opening the closet. Siyeon nodded and her eyes fell on Bora's neatly placed clothes. Hopefully, Siyeon being a complete mess when it came to order wouldn't make Bora too mad.

--

"Wanna watch a movie and just like, get to know each other a bit better?" Bora suggested which Siyeon gladly accepted. She was interested in her roommate, what she likes, what she dislikes, just things about her. She didn't want her roommate to be a total stranger. It would be perfect if they could actually become good friends.

Bora made them some popcorn and found a movie to watch, but it served more as background noise since the girls were too immersed in getting to know each other to pay full attention to what's going on on the screen.

"So, you're 17, right?" Bora grabbed a handful of popcorn and Siyeon smiled doing the same looking at the screen for a second.

"Yes, I'm a baby."

Bora smiled and turned to look at Siyeon. She sure was with those chubby cheeks.

"I'm 18. Practically a grandma, everything hurts already." She sighed and rubbed her back.

"You're in college if I remember correctly?" Siyeon asked and looked at her curiously. Bora was probably studying something and the rent got too much so she looked for a roommate. It would make sense.

"Oh, no!" Bora chuckled at the thought of her studying. She wasn't a bad student in the past, but school just wasn't her thing.

"I'm a trainee at a K-pop company." She winked and threw popcorn in . Siyeon sat up more, intrigued now completely. 

"Wait, really? Where?" Raising her eyebrows, Siyeon anticipated Bora's answer like it was a matter of life or death.

"Happy Face Entertainment. Not really a big-"

"Shut the up!" Siyeon cut her off and had her jaw on the floor.

"Whaaat?" Bora smiled nervously and stared at Siyeon's mouth frozen open before it moved again to answer.

"I've been accepted there! That's why I'm here! I'm a trainee as well!" Siyeon almost yelled and kept staring at Bora still shocked.

"Holy , no way!" Bora spat some popcorn out making them both laugh, but the attention was quickly back on the topic.

"What a coincidence! But wait, my parents said you were a student!" Siyeon was confused as she suddenly remembered what they told her. She saw Bora grinning and looking away at the tv screen.

"Sometimes, you gotta present yourself in the best possible light."

Siyeon just stared at her before a laugh left .

"I'm living with an actual liar!"

Bora hit her shoulder and Siyeon whined laughing. 

"Stop! It was a minor lie. They said they had a daughter and I didn't care for the rest. I just wanted a girl with me, not a creepy dude." Bora shivered at the thought and Siyeon giggled imagining Bora acting all nice in front of her parents.

"Well, that actually makes sense, so you get a pass."

Bora smiled and bowed down as a 'thank you'.

"Hey, if you're down we could go out eat something and I'll show you around. The city is really cool at night."

Finishing her popcorn, Siyeon rose to her feet and clapped excitedly. "Yes! Let's go!"

--

Bora woke up to hearing Siyeon sniff. She waited for a second before confirming what she thought. She turned around to look at Siyeon's back turned to her.

"Siyeon, are you crying? What's wrong?"

Siyeon closed her eyes and cursed at herself inside her head. She hated being emotional in front of people. Maybe Bora shouldn't have given her a few shots of her Soju. 

"I'm fine, don't worry, go back to sleep."

Bora scooted over sitting up behind her and placed her hand on her shoulder gently rubbing it.

"I'm here for you. If you want to tell me..."

Siyeon sighed and turned around lying on her back and looked up at Bora with teary eyes. Bora couldn't see much in the darkness, but she could hear her sad voice.

"I'm just... Feeling a bit homesick already. I just remembered that this is actually happening and there's no going back. I don't know how I'll manage without my parents."

"Change is annoyingly difficult." Bora smiled as she wiped Siyeon's tears gently with her fingers. "It's perfectly normal how you feel. That just means you care about your family and that you love them a lot. Hell, it would be crazy if you didn't miss them."

Siyeon bit her lip upper lip trying not to cry again and felt comfort in Bora's thumb caressing her cheek.

"Did you..." Siyeon started speaking quietly through her sniffs. Instead of speaking, Bora gave her time to try that again.

"Did you cry? When you first moved here?"

"Oh, you bet!" Bora snorted and laughed instantly remembering her first days here.

"I was crying myself to sleep every night. All I wanted to was go back home. I was lying here on this same bed all alone and sad. I was like this..." Bora began imitating herself crying and exaggerating the scene making Siyeon laugh.

"But I knew I just had to push through and it made me stronger. It will be hard Siyeon, it's perfectly okay to cry, but just keep thinking why you're here in the first place. If you focus on the goal you set in your mind, everything else will be easier."

Siyeon nodded hearing her words. Bora was right. Crying was okay, but nothing will stop her from achieving her dreams

"You're right."

They smiled at each other and Bora ran her thumb once more against Siyeon's cheek.

"Do you want to cuddle?"

Siyeon was a bit taken back by that, but cuddling actually sounded like a great idea. She didn't say anything just nodded again.

Bora lied back down and Siyeon moved closer placing her head under Bora's neck. Siyeon shut her eyes when Bora's small hand got tangled into her hair and began slowly rubbing her head in perfect rhythm making Siyeon sleepy.

"Thank you, Bora."

Bora turned her head and gently placed a kiss on Siyeon's forehead. She wrapped her arms around her making Siyeon smile into her shoulder.

They've only just met a couple of hours ago; maybe it was the alcohol dancing in her veins, but to Siyeon, it felt like they've known each other for years.

This was really a start of a beautiful friendship, that would hopefully last for many, many years.