"Yes, I admit it, you were right."

Suayeon one-shots

Tucking her black hair behind her ears, Siyeon was sitting at the dinner table going through photo albums of her days in Dreamcatcher. She was smiling and reminiscing about all the memories they had together. She hadn't looked at these photos in so long. She simply didn't have time. Working as a professor at one of Korea's top music academies kept her busy. 

She heard the front door unlock and her wife coming in back from work. She stayed sitting while going through the photos and stopped when she saw a photo of Bora and her hugging and smiling brightly for the camera.

"We look so young here." Bora slid her arms around Siyeon's neck hugging her. Siyeon smiled feeling Bora's lips on her cheek and her blonde hair tickling her neck.

"I'm feeling so nostalgic. I miss those days so much. We barely see the girls anymore." Siyeon sighed looking back at the photo and ran her finger gently over the group photo where they had won their first award. Bora also stared at it and remembered how much she cried that day.

"At least I still have you." Siyeon turned her head to face her wife and Bora smiled kissing her softly.

"You have me until forever, baby."

Even after being together for so long, after being through so much, Bora's simple words could make Siyeon feel like a little girl again as she blushed and leaned in for a kiss again.

Getting lost into their own world, they didn't hear the footsteps coming down the staircase. The two broke off their kissing session hearing groaning behind them. Turning around they saw their daughter who went straight to the kitchen.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't hear a 'hello mom, so happy you're back home, how was work'?" Bora's eyes were following her daughter as she opened a cupboard to make cereal. She walked over to the fridge to get milk.

"Jia, I'm talking to you." Bora's voice became sterner and Siyeon placed her hand on Bora's arm getting her attention and just shaking her head as a way of saying to let their daughter be. Siyeon was always the more lenient parent and Bora wasn't a fan of that, but it was a good balance.

Jia was done preparing her food and walked over to kiss Bora's cheek and smiled a bit before going back upstairs to her room. They watched her go and Bora shook her head.

"Cereal for dinner... Siyeon, why are you letting her do that?"

Siyeon turned around to face the photo album and continued turning the pages gazing over the photos.

"Honey, I know we are in our late 40s, but you were a teenager once too. Don't act like you didn't eat crap as well."

Bora sighed and didn't reply since she knew Siyeon was right.

"We are still spoiling her too much. I don't want her to turn into some brat."

Siyeon chuckled at Bora's worry and shook her head.

"She's a teenager hating the whole world stressing about exams. Let her be. Also, since she hasn't, I'll ask you. How was work?" Closing the album, she turned around and pulled Bora's legs making her sit on her lap sideways. Bora wrapped her arms around Siyeon's neck.

"Good, but tiring. The trainees are so cute, but I'm still being strict with them. One almost cried today..." She grinned devilishly and Siyeon laughed.

"Let the kids breathe, you witch."

Bora shook her head and leaned in kissing Siyeon again.

"What about you, still have that problematic student?"

Siyeon rolled her eyes and nodded. "It's so frustrating because he's so smart, he has perfect pitch and plays like three instruments. It's unreal how musically talented he is yet he acts like an ."

Bora didn't hear the rest because she was busy staring at Siyeon being so passionate about her work and her students. The way her eyes were filled with fire as she kept rambling on and on.

"You get me? It's so annoying, he's so lazy, I don't know what to do."

"I'm sure you'll figure it out." Bora kissed her forehead and got off her lap.

"I'm going to take a shower, are you coming to bed soon?"

Siyeon nodded and put the album away.

"I have some work to go through, but it won't take long."

Bora headed upstairs and as she passed Jia's room, she heard loud rock music playing. She smiled shaking her head. Siyeon's influence was too big on her.

--

"So... Who's driving me to school?" Jia ate her breakfast and looked back and forth between her parents.

"I have a free day, so, I'll do it. We haven't really hung out lately."

Jia looked down at her food. "It's because you're always so busy with your work..."

Bora watched her and it broke her heart.

It was true that she hadn't been home too often because of her tight schedule at work and trips she had to take.

Being a choreographer for multiple artists and working as a dancing coach at the company she debuted in wasn't an easy job. Jia and Siyeon knew that, but they both wanted to see Bora more often.

"Honey, you know I'm sorry about that, but it's just how it is. It makes the times I do get to see you way more precious." She placed her hand gently on her daughter's and received a small smile and a nod from her.

"I get all that and I'm thankful for both of you. I mean, what, we're practically rich? Life's great for me, don't get me wrong."

Both Siyeon and Bora rolled her eyes hearing that. Siyeon pointed with a fork at her.

"Do you know why your is comfortable? Because we worked hard for it and were lucky as well. Not many people live like that. Not everyone has a mom working at the music academy you want to enroll in. And mommy most certainly won't bribe anyone there to get you in. I'll help you in the best way possible to get you prepared, but everything is down to you. Be humble."

Jia tried really hard not to roll her eyes as she was scolded for it many times.

"Okay, I apologize... All I wanted to say is that I'm thankful for you even though your jobs sometimes make it hard for us to see each other... I didn't want you to get all fierce at me... jeez." She muttered the last part even though knowing well her mom's ears are still working perfectly.

Siyeon stared at her wanting to say more before Bora got up.

"Come on kid, let's go or you'll be late."

Bora waited for her to get her bag and kissed Siyeon goodbye. Jia ran down and quickly kissed Siyeon's cheek smiling at the previous talk they had.

"Just know that I'm drilling you tonight with our practice! You'll sing like a bird!" Siyeon smirked and watched her daughter groan as she walked out with Bora.

--

Driving on the highway in Bora's white Mercedes Benz, they blasted music and were singing at the top of their lungs laughing until tears came through.

Pulling up at Jia's highschool they were ready to say bye when Bora noticed a group of high schoolers whispering something in between them. Jia followed Bora's eyes and her face dropped immediately.

"They are so annoying..."

"Are they bullying you?"

Jia shook her head and snorted. "No, they are freshmen. I think they are just scared of me. They probably know who you and mom are. I mean by now the whole school knows it..."

"Ignore them, sweetie. See you at home." Bora kissed her cheek and watched her walk past those kids into the school.

She drove off before they had the chance to take a look at the car again. Jia was pretty popular at school because of her parents. Luckily, the situation in Korea regarding gay couples was better now than when Bora and Siyeon were young. It wasn't such a taboo anymore. Jia said she was never bullied because she has two moms, but a lot of people definitely looked at her differently.

--

Bora ordered some takeout because she was too tired to cook. Siyeon kept bugging her to hire a personal cook, but Bora didn't want to hear any of it.

"Did you have your lesson with Jia?"

Siyeon shook her head as she was flipping through the exam papers from her students.

"She begged me if we could skip tonight. Guess what, girlie has a date..."

Bora raised her eyebrows. "A what?"

Siyeon laughed and put the papers neatly down. "She's 18. It's not like it's her first date."

"I know, it's just always a shock to me... Hey, watch for the door when the food comes."

Siyeon hummed and Bora jogged upstairs.

Jia was in her room putting on her makeup while listening to music.

Bora was walking past and smiled hearing her sing. Siyeon really did a great job with her voice. She saw potential ever since they adopted her at three years old. Bora was a bit salty that she didn't have much interest in dance, but singing suited her better anyway.

She knocked hard on the door and heard the music get turned off.

"Come in!"

Bora opened the door a bit with only her head peeking through. She looked at Jia who was sitting at her desk finishing off her makeup. She wore a simple white top with black skinny jeans. A black jacket lying on her bed and black heels near the bed were waiting for her.

"God, you're such an emo..."

Jia rolled her eyes and leaned closer to the mirror moving her head around checking if everything was perfect.

"You look great, don't worry."

Bora watched her smile in the mirror. Jia thought Siyeon must've told her about her date.

She got up and put on her heels and grabbed her jacket. She ran her fingers through her long black hair feeling how soft it was. She couldn't lie, she was a bit nervous.

"Your hair is almost as straight as you..." Bora joked making her daughter laugh. It was like she knew she was nervous and wanted to calm her down.

"Yes, sorry that I like boys..."

Bora smiled and looked at her up and down.

"Is he coming here or?"

Jia nodded. "Yeah, he's picking me up."

She was putting on perfume and looked at Bora who was staring at her. She opened wanting to say something about cars and safety, but then they heard Siyeon yelling from downstairs that her date is here.

"Oh, ..."

Jia quickly grabbed her bag checking if she has everything with her and ran out the door passing Bora. She skipped downstairs finding her date talking to Siyeon in the living room. He seemed intimidated by her and it only got worse once Bora was making her way down the stairs.

"Good evening, ma'am." He smiled a bit at Bora before looking over at Jia with absolute horror in his eyes. She looked at him confused and got anxious that she looks ugly or something. Seeing him like that, Jia wanted to leave quickly.

"Okay, we're leaving. Bye!"

They started walking away.

"Hey, don't be out for too late!" Bora yelled before they got the chance to leave out the door and Jia's date turned around.

"Don't worry, ma'am, I'll bring her home before midnight." He smiled nervously and looked over at Siyeon who chuckled at him before they disappeared into the night.

"This is the first time I've seen you so nervous, Minjun. What's wrong?" Jia asked as she got into his car. He put his hands on the steering wheel and just looked ahead not yet starting the car.

"You could've warned me that one of your moms is Lee ing Siyeon, none other than my college professor!"

Jia's mouth dropped a bit. She knew he attended the academy, but she didn't think her mom would teach him. She thought that would be too big of a coincidence.

"It doesn't make it any better with Kim Bora being your other mom... Jesus..." He muttered as he knew well enough who she was. Jia put her hand on his arm and rubbed her thumb against it.

"Well... You have a date with me, not with my moms..."

He smiled a bit, but he wasn't too convinced. He couldn't this up or he wouldn't survive college.

--

"Wait, you're kidding! That's the student?!" Bora almost spat the water she was drinking. Siyeon sighed and nodded.

"Wish you've seen his face when I opened the door. He was ting it." She smiled a bit and leaned against the back of the couch.

"I thought he was just nervous because you know, meet the parents and all that... Damn." Bora laughed and put the glass of water down.

"I'll make his life hell if he tries anything sketchy." Siyeon knew him now well enough to know he was a bit of a bad boy, but hopefully, he knew his place now.

"This could turn out good actually, maybe he will behave better you know?" Bora suggested and walked over to Siyeon.

"I'm not so sure about it... He got everything right on the last exam we had. He's really smart I'm telling you, but such a little ..." Siyeon grinded her teeth as all the memories of him disrupting her class came rushing in.

"He'll get better, watch what I said... Maybe professor Lee could punish me instead..." Bora started to slowly Siyeon's dress shirt while looking into her eyes. Siyeon's hands remained on the couch as she looked down at Bora's fingers working on those buttons before looking up into her eyes.

"You've been a bad girl?" She asked raising her eyebrows and Bora moved closer pressing herself against Siyeon still making her way down her shirt.

"Very bad... I deserve punishment..."

Siyeon shut her eyes when Bora's breath tickled her ear. She slid her hands on her and gripped it hard through her jeans. She heard a faint moan and a laugh from Bora.

"Well, then we need to do something about it..."

--

Minjun and Jia walked out of the cinema after finishing watching a horror movie. He hoped she would cuddle up to him at scary parts, but the movie was so bad, they spent half the time making jokes about it and laughing silently trying not to get kicked out.

They were now walking through the streets and he slowly took her hand into his. Jia smiled and bit her lip.

"Wanna go to this jazz club? I sometimes perform there with my friends."

Jia looked up at him with her eyebrows raised.

"Sure. Are you performing tonight?" She smirked as he chuckled.

"No, no. Tonight, I'm all yours." He let go off her hand and wrapped his arm around her shoulder pulling her closer.

"Gosh, you're so cheesy!"

She playfully slapped his chest and they laughed while walking.

--

Jia took off her seatbelt when Minjun pulled up to her driveway. She turned a bit in her seat to look at him.

"Thanks for tonight, it was so much fun." She smiled and he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. His whole bad boy persona was gone when he was with her. He kind of didn't mind it but hated how she made him so nervous.

"Maybe we could do it again sometime?" He glanced down at her lips and she smiled catching him staring before she herself looked down at his.

"I'd love to..."

He leaned closer placing his hand on her cheek pressing his lips against hers. She returned the kiss before they both pulled away smiling. Jia bit her lip and grabbed her bag.

"Text me later?" He asked and she nodded before quickly pecking him again making him smile. She got out and before she closed the door, he leaned over the passenger seat.

"Oh, and don't let mama Siyeon kill me... please."

Jia laughed and winked at him. "Don't worry about it."

Getting inside the house, Jia found her moms in the living room watching TV. Siyeon checked her phone. 11:10 pm. Not bad.

"I'm home..." Jia said and started walking upstairs.

"You really won't tell us anything, huh?" Bora turned around and moved her eyebrows up and down at her. Jia's lips pulled into a smile remembering the kiss, but she shrugged trying to act cool.

"It was great. Also, mom, he wishes not to get killed at college..." She was looking over at Siyeon who smirked.

"Well you seem happy, so, for now, he's fine. Just tell him not to be an , next class."

Jia chuckled and went up to her room.

"Our baby is in love." Bora pretended to sniff and wipe her tears.

"I don't know, Bora, as much as I like that boy for his smarts, I don't want Jia to get hurt... You know how college boys are..." Siyeon leaned her head against Bora's shoulder and she put her arm around her.

"Just give him a chance. Jia isn't stupid or naive."

"I sure hope so."

--

Two weeks have passed and Siyeon didn't have one incident with Minjun in her class. He was still her top student. He treated Jia nicely whenever they went out and it will only be a matter of time before they get official.

When her class was done, Siyeon was turning off her laptop and picking up her papers ready to pack up. Minjun said bye to his friends before walking over to Siyeon's table. He fixed his hair and cleared his throat.

"Uh, professor Lee?"

Siyeon lifted her head and smiled seeing Minjun standing there. "Hey, what's up?"

He bit his lip and stared at her desk not knowing how to begin the conversation. "Erm. I just wanted to ask you if it's... If it like won't be a problem if I ask your daughter to... You know... be my girlfriend?"

Siyeon watched him speak and tried to give him her best reassuring smile. "Minjun, this isn't the 1950s. I'm happy you asked, but it's really up to Jia. She decides, not me."

He just stared blankly at her response and he fixed his bag hanging off his shoulder.

"Okay, but... You won't mind?"

Siyeon rolled her eyes seeing him all flustered.

"Listen. I know I'm a strict professor and I take pride in it. I was just annoyed at you because you're the academy's best student yet you're lazy and make a fool out of yourself for no reason. I can tell you make my daughter happy and I can also tell your behavior has changed ever since you two started seeing each other. So, it's a win-win situation for me." She smiled seeing him speechless for once.

"Now go, before I change my mind!"

He got startled and chuckled.

"Thank you!" He ran out of the class leaving Siyeon all alone in the big lecture hall.

She took her phone out of her bag and texted Bora.

[Wifey <3]
"Yes, I admit it, you were right."