"It's not always like this."

Suayeon one-shots

Each Dreamcatcher member was straight. At least that was what everyone assumed. That was the norm. Being anything else was a big no-no. A taboo. Especially in the Korean entertainment industry. Your career would've been over before it even began.

Siyeon and Bora took a liking to each other from the start. They became great friends and along the way, somehow, deeper feelings developed. Both tried to give the other girl hints, but unsuccessfully since it came off as just friendly playfulness.

Years passed and both didn't dare to do anything about those feelings. They feared that it would ruin everything between them and the group. They feared rejection. They feared insults. They didn't want to be looked at differently. So, they kept their mouths shut, hoping it was just a weird phase, that it will pass eventually.

In all those years tension rose and rose until one day... it got too much.

--

"Wow, you're really hot!"
"I love your hair, it really suits your cute face."
"Date? Where do you wanna go?"
"Your hands are so soft, wish I could hold them forever."
"Thank you, but I like your lips more."
"Can I touch your muscles?"
"Come back soon, I miss you already."

Those were only some of the comments Siyeon gave to the fans she met at the fansign. Sitting next to her, Bora had to listen to her flirt away and it was starting to piss her off. She said bye to the fan that moved onto the next member. She put her hand on Siyeon's shoulder and leaned in closer to her ear.

"Could you perhaps stop flirting with the fans so much?" She whispered and leaned back. Siyeon gave her a quick confused look and returned to signing their album and other things for the new fan in front of her.

"It's not always like this." Siyeon shrugged fixing her new, blue hair. "I'm in a good mood today, I'm having fun, what's wrong with that?" She answered quickly and turned to talk more to the fan before they moved to Bora. The manager behind them was keeping the line going. There wasn't much time for the girls to talk with each other. They had to give their full attention to the fans.

"Fanservice is one thing, what you're doing is another thing. It's unprofessional."

Jealousy was speaking for her. She couldn't care less if the other members flirted with the fans, but not when Siyeon did it. She wanted her all for herself.

Bora played with the marker and did some doodles. Siyeon ignored her completely. She didn't want Bora to ruin her good mood.

"Siyeon, would you do a duet with Bora?" The fan asked as he was about to leave his chair.

"Sure, but I think Yoohyeon's voice suits mine more. We already talked about it. Maybe we can give you something in the future, so please look forward to it." she said it making sure Bora heard her loud and clear. Bora scoffed and smiled shaking her head. She stopped playing with the elephant plush someone got her.

"Don't worry, I wouldn't want to ruin the song anyway..." Bora muttered and took off the head accessory she got from the fans. She threw it on the desk making it fall off on the floor. She was done with this stupid day. Minji who was next to her picked it up and placed it back on the desk giving her a look.

"Bora, are you jealous or what's with you today?" Siyeon whispered leaning closer. She scanned Bora's face. She couldn't understand what was the older girl's problem.

"What is there to be jealous about? Are we dating or something?" Bora looked at Siyeon and raised her eyebrow.

"You tell me." Siyeon replied right away.

They were staring at each other and invisible laser beams were coming out those four eyes. Minji looked at them and tried to figure out the situation. The cameras from the fans were clicking hard making sure they get the perfect photo. They thought the girls were just playing around, but the reality was different.

Both didn't move or blink. Right now, they wanted to strangle each other. The manager nudged Siyeon as the new fan sat down in front of her. She kept her gaze a bit more before turning to the fan and putting on her best fake smile. Bora thought she could win an Oscar for that performance.

"I miss the times when you were a cute, shy girl..." Bora said quietly after a while.

"And I miss the times when you weren't such a boring, old ."

Bora's jaw dropped a little. She looked at Siyeon with hurt in her eyes. The other girl didn't look at her and minded her own business. Bora turned her head away slowly.

They didn't talk for the rest of the fansign.

--

After the fansign event, the girls posed for the cameras and interacted a bit with the fans. Bora wasn't as high energy as she usually was and Siyeon didn't talk at all. Minji as the great leader she was, could sense that something was off. Before they performed Deja vu, she pulled them both aside.

"What's with you two?"

"Ask her!" Both said at the same time and walked off, leaving Minji alone to wonder what had happened. She wasn't left much time as they were about to perform.

As much as Siyeon loved their new song, she hated the dance part where she sits up only to have Bora and Minji blatantly flirt right in front of her. That was the cause of her trying to make Bora a bit jealous, only for it to result in an actual fight.

This time, Bora decided to be extra spiteful towards Siyeon. She leaned in and kissed Minji close to her lips making the whole audience scream out of joy. Minji laughed hitting her and couldn't focus on finishing their part. The girls and their team laughed. Everyone in the room found it cute. Everyone, but Siyeon.

"You're so petty." Siyeon mouthed to Bora when they faced each other near the end of the choreo. Bora grinned amused by Siyeon's jealousy. Her devilish grin only made Siyeon even angrier.

After the event was done, the girls were heading to the backstage. Siyeon hurried up to catch up with Bora.

"You're so childish, it's unreal."

Bora stopped by the door and turned to face Siyeon. "I'm having fun, what's wrong with that?" Bora smiled and moved closer. Siyeon just stared at her.

"Are you jealous? Hmm?" Bora tilted her head to the side. Siyeon grabbed her shirt ready to murder her as she felt her arm and body being pulled back.

"Enough already, both of you!" Minji looked at them annoyed. She let go of Siyeon when she was sure she calmed down. Bora fixed her shirt after Siyeon let go. The rest of the group looked over confused unsure if they were just kidding around like they usually do or if this was an actual fight.

"Are you three pranking us or what?" Gahyeon laughed nervously, but the girls didn't answer. Minji saw their crew walk over to them.

"Everything okay there? Why aren't you going into the room to change?" The manager asked and Minji put her hand on the door knob and opened the door slowly.

"Oops, we thought it was locked, sorry!" She forcefully laughed and pushed Bora inside. The other girls followed them quietly whispering to each other. Siyeon went in last.

The air in the room felt heavy as the girls undressed. They dressed back into their normal clothes without much talking. Siyeon went over to Yoohyeon and asked her if she could zip her shirt. Bora looked at them and shook her head slightly as she tied her shoe. Poor Yoohyeon was oblivious to everything as she helped Siyeon.

"Thank you lil puppy." Siyeon hugged her and kissed her cheek making her giggle. Bora was back into her normal clothes and started walking out the room making sure she hit her shoulder against Siyeon's. Siyeon smiled knowing she got her angry.

--

Arriving at the dorm, everyone went to their rooms. Bora wanted to forget this day and went to bed ready to sleep.

"Bora, I want to talk to you. Come to the living room." Minji's voice made Bora open her eyes.

"Tell me now, I'm really tired."

"Living room, now."

Bora groaned and got up slowly.

"I swear if this is about Siyeon..."

"Surprise ."

Siyeon smiled, but sarcasm was written all over her smile. She was sitting on the couch in her hoodie and was hugging her legs. For a second Bora thought she looked cute. She quickly dismissed that thought. She was still upset. She looked at her then at Minji and started walking out. Minji grabbed her and pulled her back with all her strength. All those days working out really paid off in days like this.

"You're not leaving until you discuss whatever happened today. You're getting everyone worried."

--

Minji was standing there with her hands on her hips. Bora was sitting as far away from Siyeon as she could. She wanted to leave. She didn't have the energy to talk. She didn't want to look at her.

"So, you just won't talk?"

Siyeon was playing with her nails and Bora shrugged staring into space. Minji started to leave.

"Oh well. I'll just tell the manager and you'll have to discuss it with-"

"Noooo!" Both girls yelled jumping a bit. Minji smirked and turned around to look at them. Bora was on her feet now.

"Minji, that's really not necessary..."

"Yeah, this is between us." Siyeon added and sighed.

"Then talk. Now."

Minji walked out and closed the door. Bora sat back, this time a bit closer to Siyeon.

Silence again.

Siyeon stared outside the window and Bora was playing with her hair.

"I feel like Minji is our mom and we got grounded." Bora said and Siyeon bit her lip to hide the smile that started to appear.

"She's always the mom..."

More silence.

"Okay, look..." Both started at the same.

"You first." Siyeon said and turned her body to face Bora. Bora did the same before speaking.

"I got upset... because you were honestly getting on my last nerve with your flirting. You can't be that touchy and that flirty. This is a job. We are professionals, please act accordingly."

Siyeon groaned rolling her eyes, "I was just being playful. No harm was done. I think you reacted way too emotional."

"I think I didn't, but whatever." Bora put her elbow on the couch and leaned her head on her fist. Siyeon stared at her.

"What's the difference between that and when you grab our asses in public?" Siyeon tucked her hair behind her ears and waited for the answer. Bora shrugged and seemed uninterested in Siyeon's argument.

"That's also a bit of fanservice." she simply stated but knowing well it isn't the full truth.

"So, you do it for the fans, not because you actually like doing it?" Siyeon raised her eyebrows.

"I like doing it and I know the fans do as well, so I just keep it going."

Siyeon nodded, "Okay, fair enough I guess." She sighed and played with the strings of her hoodie. She still couldn't understand where Bora's coming from. She got so upset over a few playful comments.

"Do you really think our voices don't match well? Because I think they do. I'd love to do a song with you..." Bora was looking down still hurt from Siyeon's answer at the fansign. Siyeon watched her and moved a bit closer on the couch.

"You know I do. I just wanted to make you mad. I'm sorry..." Siyeon said it sincerely and put her hand on Bora's leg. Bora smiled a bit but was still hurt. Everyone always said how she was too loud and she played along, but deep inside she was insecure about it so Siyeon's comment back then didn't help at all.

"One thing I don't really understand though. You've asked me if I were jealous, like that you flirt with the fans... What was that about?" Bora looked at Siyeon who looked away getting red in the face.

"I don't know it was the first thing that came to my mind..." She lied and hoped Bora wouldn't question it further.

They were again greeted by silence. The tension between them was just too much. It felt weird and confusing. Siyeon was nervously biting on her lower lip and Bora kept trying to distract herself by looking around the room.

"Okay, I am." Bora said breaking the silence. Siyeon looked at her just blinking.

"I am... jealous." Bora gulped and Siyeon opened to say something, but Bora cut her off.

"I like it when you're clingy to me and lately, you haven't been... so I got a bit sad." Bora smiled and looked at Siyeon whose face was flustered and red.

"I... I kinda don't like your part with Minji, I mean what... one day you'll kiss on the lips or something." Siyeon barely said it and didn't dare to look at Bora who just couldn't help, but giggle at that comment.

"Yeah sorry... I guess we are a bit too much."

Familiar silence surrounded them again. They knew they didn't really discuss anything. They haven't got any answers, only more questions. Why were they both so jealous if they are just friends? Could the other girl really feel the same? Should they just go with it and speak about their feelings or is it now not a good time? All these questions were eating them inside as they both sat there not daring to look at each other.

"I'm sorry I called you a boring, old ." Siyeon wanted to continue the conversation. The silence was too much.

"It's okay, maybe I am." Bora leaned her head on the couch and stared at the ceiling.

"No, you're not. I like you the way you are, please don't ever change..."

Bora lifted her head and looked over feeling the serious tone of Siyeon's voice and Siyeon looked back at her. Bora waited a bit before moving closer and Siyeon turned her body again to face her. They stared into each other's eyes unsure of what was going on. Bora glanced at Siyeon's soft lips making Siyeon lean in closer. Both could feel their hearts beating faster and sweat drops on their necks.

It's really happening, they waited years and it's finally happening.

Their eyes met for a second before moving down again to their lips. Siyeon wetted hers and Bora leaned in with only a few inches separating them.

"So, did you finally talk?!"

Minji's voice made them jump as she busted into the room. Bora quickly leaned back on the couch casually placing her hand around her neck. Siyeon turned her body forward and forced a cough.

"I couldn't wait any longer and I didn't hear you talk, so I came in to check if you're alive or if you have killed each other." Minji sighed and sat on a chair.

"Oh, we're alive..." Bora whispered feeling her rapid pulse on her neck.

"We're definitely alive..." Siyeon said with a shy smile on her face.