I'll Be With You [1]

Falling For Everything That's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'll be with you," 

 

Yerin swore that for the last 7 years, she never thought that she'll hear these very same words again. Not after everything that she built crumbled from one mistake, from love. Yet there was something in the way Sinb said those words, something intimate, something more than a promise, or sworn duty out of sympathy. It wasn't empty words clouded by crush or like, but something much deeper, something that no coherent words can explain.

 

It could be the way SinB trembly yet firmly held her hands, how her eyes seem shifty but determined and sincere, how her lips quiver in nervousness but every word that spilled from them was of sincere promises and loyalty. 

 

Yerin looks about, face void of emotion as her mind processed everything that had occurred before this point. Before her eyes were swollen from her cries; before her body trembled out of coldness; before SinB held her hands like she would slip away from her grasp, panting and almost on the verge of crying. 

 

Seriously... how did it come to this point?

 

 

 

The regular dance routines with Red Velvet continued after almost a week of leave due to Wendy's accident. It was unfortunate and it was clearly seen how the absence of their main vocal had affected the group's mood, even Mina Myoung who had come to adjust the choreography for the four-members had noticed it and decided to call it a day after 3-dance routines, leaving it to Sinb who had been watching and easily memorized the choreography.

 

It was apparent how down the members were at the absence of their friend, even Joy who was usually chic and cool was fuming with anger after the release of SBS's statement, almost lashing out if it weren't for Irene who finally came out of her shell and showed some strictness, but it wasn't left unnoticed by Yerin how she almost choked at her own words when talked about the said topic.

 

"I hate this!" Joy grumbled to Yeri who gave her an apologetic pat, feeling empty without Wendy who always spoils both of them. Sinb side-eyed the maknaes, sighing lightly before she stopped on her tracks to face the group. Both Joy and Yeri barely kept their mood from oozing out, even the usually jovial main dancer, Seulgi was way too immersed, obviously distracting herself, and Irene... well, she can barely keep the facade of nonchalance. At least, not to Sinb.

 

Irene was only a few years older from Sinb, still, she can't help but admire the dedication and professionalism of the leader. However, as a fellow who also hides as much with nonchalance, SinB finds it saddening that Irene had to face that, and indeed, not having the cheerful main vocal around makes the air of formalities and awkwardness thick it's almost suffocating.

 

As much as Sinb wants to cheer them up, she was never really good at it. She has Sowon to cheer for her own dance team, but now? As much as she wants to... it's definitely hard.

 

Sinb stood in silence, feeling a little fidgety as no words would spill. She almost pressed the resume button of the remote in her hands and act coy about it when the doors to their practice room opened, revealing a warm ball of sunshine who entered with such a lovely smile. Sinb swore she might've looked like a fool for a second as she smiles back, but she won't mind. (The evil duo of RV didn't notice her anyway. sigh~)

 

Yerin beamed at the girls before lifting a plastic bag, "Want some desserts?" 

 

The girls looked at each other before they all focused on Irene, seemingly waiting for her signal. Irene smiled warmly, masking the frown of discomfort from earlier's confrontation. Sinb smiled a little, thankful that Yerin came just in time to break the walls she can hardly touch, afraid to intrude in their circle of friends.

 

From where Sinb was standing she can see how the girls smiled in delight at the treat served before them, a sweet but healthy carrot cake, topped with a small bunny on top. Seulgi, Yeri, and Joy seem uplifted by the sugar but Sinb can't help but notice their leader who remained still on her spot, a smile ever-present as she watches her members eat up, yet with a lingering sadness that seems to intensify as she eyed the cake.

 

"T-Thank you..." Irene gulped, "Yerin-ssi..." trailing slowly like she always thus when talking. It almost felt so vulnerable, fragile, like she was almost breaking. Yerin and Joy seemed to have noticed and slowed down, but Seulgi urged them to play nonchalant about it, knowing how their leader hated showing such vulnerability. 

 

Sinb was no stranger to such feat among idol group members, especially the leaders. Still, she hoped that they won't try to hide their frustration and sadness even just to their closest person. Sinb's t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter