Expect The Unexpected

Falling For Everything That's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Expect The Unexpected'. Life for me is like the wheel of fortune, you never know what's in turn for it unless the wheel had stopped to a certain number. Our life seems to be pre-determined as it all goes through the same cycle of being give birth and death. But even with all those same beginnings and end, life is still full of uncertainty and every decision you make is like gambling.

 

I was that type of person to believe that every move should be calculated and on point, and maybe that's also why I liked everything constant. I hated changes since I believed that it'll make your life more unpredictable and your vision for tomorrow will be more cloudy. But Yewon will always beg to differ. It was the fact that life isn't always that game of chess; it doesn't depend on how precise your move was, cause in the game of life, you'll be dealing with fate and fate is that kind of opponent who has wit, luck and the ability to change the game at one move. You can never decipher what fate has in store for you, and you'll never how the game will end unless you played with it.

 

It must've been the reason as to why I lost with Yewon. She was always that witty genius; she doesn't believe in luck, but she doesn't solely rely on her calculative skills but with her instincts. Whether she knew how to mind-read, or she simply knew me my every move from experience, that, I'll never know, but what I do know was the fact that she won our game and she's also winning that bet she made with me.

 

That change wasn't as scary and bad as I think it is.

 

Because for one week, for merely 5 days, my life turned a total of 360 degrees. From Monday that I lost to Yewon, to this day that I'm enjoying the company of a five-year-old. I never expected to love the change that made me show my side of persona that I never knew existed within me. And that opening myself to someone isn't as bad as well.

 

With Hyun beside me, I'm sure that life as I know it will be more cloudy than it already is, but heck, I'll probably love it anyway.

 

 

****

 

I drove to the address Yewon told me. It was a small apartment complex at the side of the city. The area was a walk-distance from the park and only 30 minutes away from the school I picked Hyun up. I parked my car on the side of the building, just near the exit since I won't take long anyway. I unbuckled my seatbelt and turned to Hyun, about to call him, "Hyun..." But he was already fast-asleep, in his arms was the duck plush he thoughtfully grabbed for his mother.

 

I should've woken him up that instance, but that selfish me wanted a minute longer with the boy that I had to stay for a while. I smile at myself as he pouted, for despite being asleep, the boy proved that he can still be cute and I'll still like him [that was one of our bets he made while talking with me], and true to his words, I also think that if anyone would pass by, they'll probably have to stop and coo at how cute it was [but that's probably creepy so no].

 

Deciding that watching him longer is unnecessary, I carefully opened my car door and walked to his side, gently carrying him in my arms so he won't wake up. Because our plan for a short Ice Cream date turned to an hour of getting Ice Cream,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter