The Little Prince, the Pilot, and his Red Rose (pt.1)

Falling For Everything That's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Kids tend to be troublemakers. They are naughty, too playful, and always lets their curiousity get the best of them. If you would ask any teacher or adult, they'll all be saying the same thing-- "Kids are cute and all, but they're a pain." And truth be told, I was one of them.

I was that kind of adult who'd rather spend her time dealing with office papers than those little people. They're whiny, asked a lot of things, and cries every time things don't go their way.  And for someone who had always been distant (like me) who would want to deal with that? I wouldn't, that is, until I met Hyun.

He was just the polar opposite of many five-year-olds. Sure, he baby-talks and is curious about a lot of things, but he is that kind of kid who'll try to figure things out on his own than to bother other people. He's that kind of person who'll fix his own mess than let others do so. Moreover, he is that type of son who would rather accept harsh words and get bullied than to tell it to his teacher then worry his mother. 

That who Jung Hyun is... And as much as I admire this boy for that, I'd rather have him whine and cry than to make me worry like this. I'm not even his mother for goodness sake!

It was a little around 9 that morning. I was at SM, teaching and helping Red Velvet for their choreography, and may it be luck or what, Yerin was on a leave for heavens know why. Joy said that it must've been because she's sick from getting rained at during at event and all I could think of was, 'Yeah... What a way to make me worry.' I swear, these Jungs have nothing but to caused me to worry from time to time.

But even with that worry, I managed to concentrate on my work with the thinking that Yerin can take care of herself far better than I do and it's much better to not see them that day. But guess what? Fate plus my confusing emotions just. won't. let. me. be.

Jung Eunha {Calling...}

It baffled me as to why she called. At first, I thought that it must be an issue with the giraffe and so I lazily answered it, but after 30 seconds of her on the phone, I was then running from my lockers towards the car, shouting at Sowon to start driving immediately towards Eunha. The giraffe of course, albeit confused was more than happy to go to her girlfriend's workplace. Talk about being whipped, right?

But my mind had no time to tease Sowon about it, I was frantic and there was this familiar blaze in my chest, boiling and waiting to explode. But at the same time, I was feeling this uncomfortable turn in my stomach, I was restless and worried, I couldn't think straight and I was shaking.

Because I know what it felt like to be treated that way... And I didn't want that pure boy to get stained by the same thing that changed my perspective. Why I was socially awkward and always cold to everyone. Why I always feel alone.

I don't want him to feel that "Sowon-unnie, please hurry up...", I didn't hear anything from Sowon, but with the way our speed picked up, I knew that she understood the agony I'm going through.

*********************

It felt like I was back in the past when I stepped inside Eunha's office. It was chaotic, and amidst the irritated teachers and infuriated parents was him-- Jung Hyun. Do you know those moments of sad nostalgia? When you're suddenly reminded of your past self by seeing another person that looked like what you used to? That was what I felt. It was like a trip to one of your worst past and feeling all the emotions you felt surging right through your every vein.

I was suddenly reminded of that passage from one of my favorite books, the Little Prince and how the pilot described the grown-ups. That part when the pilot was describing where the little prince came from, and how no one believed the Astronomer about his discovery even with so many details just because he was wearing a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter