Ball Of Sunshine

Falling For Everything That's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5:00 PM

 

By 5 PM, indeed Parents and Bus services began picking up the kids from the Daycare. Yewon went back to the room with a playful grin as she entered; wanting to see a panic-ridden SinB who's usually calm and stoic, but to her surprise, the latter calmly tend to the kids as they waited, smiling and all. Albeit that's the situation that Yewon didn't expect, she found it amusing on how her best friend was shaking just by the thought of playing with kids, but here's that same person enjoying their company.

 

Knocking a couple of times, she gathered the attention of the three students left and SinB's; smiling, she held out her hand to one of the girls. "Your Omma's here, Areum. Can you please help Yeoreum to get her bag?" She asked softly, in which the 5-year-old nodded enthusiastically, helping her sister then pulling her away from the room.

 

"So...," She started, "How're the kids?" 

 

"Hmm... They're cute." SinB smiled, eyes fixated on the coloring book that the other kids are busy with. Yewon bit off a giggle, the last thing she wants is her best friend feeling like she's being teased and being the tsundere she is, will scamper away from the kids. The sight behold was too cute and she wants nothing more but to observe it longer.

 

 

****

 

6:00 PM

 

Yewon went off again to meet the parents as they pick their kids up. Looking up, SinB looks around them and found nobody else aside from her and the boy, Hyun. Glancing in her wristwatch, SinB pouted at the time and wondered when will the parent pick the kid up, because as far as she's concerned, Daycare is supposed to close around this time. Albeit reluctant, SinB nudged the boy slightly to get his attention.

 

Hyun hummed before looking up, welcoming the former with a smile, "Ne, Noona?" 

 

"Umm..." She scratched her nape, "Where's your Omma? Is she going to pick you up?" She asked reluctantly, and honestly, she regretted it all the same as the younger pouted, but to her surprise, smiled brightly after as if he's not saddened seconds ago. "It's alright, Omma will come and pick me up." He assured, before looking down at his papers and continuing his work.

 

SinB kept mum, not wanting to ask further. The boy's pretension was too good and that it caught her off guard, but not wanting to assume anything, she just shrugged and helped the boy in his "little art". He would tell with time, she assured herself.

 

 

6:45 PM

 

Yewon went back to the room, smiling at the sight of SinB and Hyun fast asleep on one of the bean bags, cuddled and all. If she didn't know better, she would assume that SinB is simply doing one of her jobs as Daycare center staff, but knowing how much her best friend hated skinship and feared kids, she can't help but bite off a squeal and went on ahead taking pictures of the cute moment. 'I'll send this to Sowon-unnie, later!' She thought, already imagining the grimace on SinB's face and that victorious grin from her sister.

 

But before she can even take her third shot, Eunbi stirred awake but smiled after at the sight of the younger boy in her arms. Giggling, Yewon poke SinB's side to get her attention, "Having a nice nap?" She asked playfully, in which the latter replied with a scoff. "Yeah..." She looked around, "What time is it?"

 

Yewon only showed her phone before helping SinB latch away from the boy's embrace. "Thanks..."

 

Albeit she's teasing, Yewon had to stop as she notices the frown on SinB's face, but not because of what she said, Yewon can't help but notice how SinB worriedly looks over at Hyun. "... Is there something wrong?" She asked carefully; SinB glanced at her briefly then to the wall clock. "Is his Omma not coming yet??" She asked, bothered and worried.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter