Get To Know You More (D-DAY)

Falling For Everything That's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a mixture of giddiness and bewilderment within me when I saw Yerin right in front of me. The sight of Yerin had always caused me to feel the unexplainable, there was just way too much that occurred inside of me that was foreign and new for my domesticated self that I just can't explain what I felt during those moments I was with her. She was my crush, a fulfillment to that romantic side of me who wanted an ideal woman [yes, after the 23 years of my existence, I had always known that I'm never into guys, thank you], and a person who fits my standards.

 

She was pretty. Like any sensible human being, the reason why I was first drawn to her appearance was that she was pretty. Her fair skin made her glow in that dull and lifeless hospital and that simple lipgloss that colored her lips taught me the reason why men can't help but look at the lips of the woman they fell for. I was simply intoxicated by her appearance, and all I thought was, 'how can a human being look like a goddess?' I was envious of her youthful look, but more importantly, I was lost by her appearance, I simply took a liking with her appeal. 

 

But meeting her for the past few two days that I spent with her, there was something more that had started to develop from that fool-stricken crush. And that day that she opened those doors for me, proved the hypothesis that my crush for Yerin is still on its first level and is growing.

 

"Our bathroom is inside. You should come in, SinB-ssi." She said those first words to greet me, immediately popping me out of my bubble as she gave me that regular flat beam.

 

"H-Huh?" And my foolish self can only stutter, probably spicing the embarrassment that I had already induced. Probably realizing that I wasn't paying much attention, she gave me that infamous giggle of hers, and those crescented eyes and dimples didn't fail to intensify those unworldly chemical reactions in my body. 

 

"I heard you say about peeing your pants. I was wondering if you-- need to go to the CR?" She said amused, giggling at the last sentence. And I could've sworn that I was the reddest of tomatoes at that moment. The level of embarrassment that slowly burned my self-confidence made me want to cough badly, but all I could do was clear my throat since I don't want Hyun to see this humiliating episode of me.

 

"T-Thank you, Yerin-ssi..." I stutter, "But I'm not here for that." I simply told her, trying to divert her attention away from the previous topic. And almost automatically, her eyes drifted back to Hyun who was asleep in my arms and carefully the back of his head.

 

There was battling confusion within me that made me want to ask her why, why in the world her eyes spoke such unearthly grief when they shared mine. It's as if she's expecting me to look at her in a way that would hurt her feelings the moment I hand Hyun to her side. And albeit I did wanna know why she looked at me like that, I only kept mum and motion her to let me inside. "Don't wanna wake him up~" I reasoned, smiling sheepishly at her.

 

There was a second of stillness that occurred between us before she let me in, opening the doors wide for me. She looked at me once we're inside, and even without asking, I know that she worried that I might be tired about carrying Hyun and that she wanted to take that burden away from me, but there was this unsettling bugging feeling in me that made me say the words, "Where's his room?" Instead of handing him back to Yerin.

 

And I may have done that because I knew that the moment I hand her Hyun, will also be the time that I had to leave her humble abode. But during that moment, I didn't want to leave her.

 

She guided me towards that only room inside their apartment. The bedroom was simple and smaller than my own, but there was a sense of liveliness inside it that immediately made me warm and smile. Because despite the plain old white wallpaper and bed, the colorful posters and pictures that decorated them said a lot about the bond that the two of them shared. The posters were childish drawings of ducks and flowers, and there was one that was labeled as a family picture, where there were two stickman figures, both wearing a smile and were surrounded with sunflowers.

 

And when my eyes drifted to Yerin who tucked Hyun to sleep; I had already known-- that it was the two of them.

 

Letting my eyes wander on the table beside their bed, there I saw the evidence of their pure adoration and fondness, one that could only be associated with a pure unconditional maternal love that a child can receive, and that whole-hearted joy that a mother can only receive from their child. The smiles they both wore in that picture made my heart melt and flutter. Because their smiles were filled with sincere happiness, and the look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter