Changes and Acceptance

Falling For Everything That's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friday

 

Change is an uncontrollable effect that happens everywhere and with everyone and happens all the time. Almost like a rule, a law that everything and everyone must follow. Like how time pass and buildings change its architecture, and how yesterday, box pants were a trend but now it's reaped jeans.

 

"Change" was a common occurrence in the world run by time, and it's something that made as survive from extinction after all these years. But no matter how common it is, changing is still something one can never get used to, or accept easily. It was rule hated by many, and some feared.

 

I, for instance, feared change. I hated it as much as I hated changing home at least once a month. I hated growing up, and I hated the responsibility that comes with being an adult because one, I never intended to grow up anyway, it was the time that forced me. And I hated changing myself for others.

 

I wasn't into the idea of changing just because your friends requires you to, nor did I like the idea of change to be accepted. I believe that you should only change because you want to, not because of others.

 

But as much as I hated the idea, I found myself changing drastically for the past week because of someone, but not because it was what that person wants, but rather, by choice.

 

Meeting Hyun proved to be the most life-changing that occurred in the past 23-years of my existence; he was the one to prove Yewon's claim about my elusive soft side that was hidden beneath my cold facade, and my love for kids that I cannot show because of fear.

 

Hyun showed me that simply staying out of the norm will keep you from discovering something new, and that includes the happiness of meeting someone and wanting to know them more.

 

And that happiness might've been the reason why the next day, I found myself just falling head-over-heels for Yerin.

 

I giggled lightly from the thought, garnering the attention of the boy who sat across me and is stuffing his mouth with hamburger. He tilted his head cutely as he looks at me, "Do I fook panny?" (Do I look funny?), he asked while munching his food.

 

I would've answered no, but the sight of him indeed looked funny, so I only laughed as I nodded. Hyun pouted his lips cutely before turning as he lowers his gaze, acting sulky and all.

 

On a normal day with a different kid, I would've fallen for the coy play and just call Yewon to try and calm him, but it must've been because I know the boy well that I only chuckled and reached out to poke his cheek.

 

"Hey? Hyunie~ Stop sulking, hmm? It's just you're too cute that I had to laugh. Pwease forgive, noona~" I used a baby voice, way out of my dictionary, but eh, Sowon's not here to tease me anyway.

 

And as expected, the boy only cackled, possibly finding my voice funny or entertaining, either way, the coy play had to stop since we need to get him back to the daycare fast.

 

"Noona!" He called, "Can we please play at the arcade first??" He pleaded, using his puppy eyes that can surely control the world and the government, with that being said, of course, it's effective against me.

 

Sighing, I only held his hand and we went to the nearest arcade. We still have 50 minutes anyway.

 

There were rows of arcade cabinets of Pacman and Joust, there were also pinball machines and other several playful games that kids typically play, but instead, we stood in front of a claw machine, with Hyun eyeing the yellow duck plushy inside that glass cube.

 

He wanted to play that, but my wallet and frugality say otherwise, at this point, both can be my reason to finally resist his puppy eyes.

 

I look at him, and the moment our eyes met, I take back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter