Crybaby

Falling For Everything That's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Can I be friends with you? Yerin-ssi?" There was both apprehension and anticipation when I said those words. It was sudden and out of topic so, I wasn't surprised by Yerin's reaction. She seems confused and more importantly, doubtful. I knew it was sudden, but there was just this unsettling feeling within that made me say those words, 'cause I felt like if I hadn't said it then, I would've probably regretted it later on when I left her home.

 

And so, I only looked at her, trying to convey the spoken behind my words. It wasn't simply because out of nowhere, I wanted to be her friend, but it was more than that. I wanted her to know that I'm not one of those people who'll mindlessly judge her and that I don't care about what's in her past or whatever flaw that people are using against her. I wanted her to know that I'm willing to know her more and that I can be a shoulder she can lean on.

 

Of course, I'm well aware that we're not that close, and my first impression on her was this slow-stuttering idiot. But there was something in me that wanted her close, and be one of the people that she can rely on. And so, I took a deep breath before smiling, "I'm friends with Hyun too, Yerin-ssi. I know it's childish but..." I looked at her, trying to let her know that I was sincere, "But I really want to get to know you more?" Internal facepalm! Okay?! Why in the world does that sound like some cliche start of a confession line from romantic movies?!!!

 

I smiled nervously, now, if only she wouldn't take it as weird, then I'll probably thank the heaven above me. But I was only replied by silence, and with each second that passed, the confidence I had in me had started to slowly shatter [Why does that it felt like I was dumped?] and I was so close at dismissing the topic and just leave her abode.

 

But what surprised me wasn't words of rejections, but sobs that echoed in my ears as I hung my head low. She was crying, and I heard my head snap with how fast I turned to look at her. Her lips were trembling before her teary eyes met mine, and like a bottle that's already been overflowed, she started crying hard. And in an attempt to muffle her sounds, she bit on her lower lip before burying her face on the comfort of her palms.

 

Yerin's crying and I froze at my seat. ​​​​​​​To be fair, I was really really bad at dealing with crying people, heck, I can barely stop kids from crying, how do you expect me to make an adult stop crying?? Then it suddenly hit me, did I say something wrong??!! Damn! Did I??

 

And like a fool, it took me a minute or two before I snap and grabbed the handkerchief in my pocket and handed it to her. Her trembling hands gently accepted it and there she poured out her tears. I was standing next to her, awkwardly soothing her back in an attempt to comfort her, which I didn't know if worked by I just did. When I felt her trembling stopped, and all that's left was hiccups after her cries, I gently pulled her seat to face me, kneeling in front of her before I tried looking at her face.

 

She finally stopped crying, and with a sniffle, she looked up at me. Her eyes were puffed and red, and her face swelled from all the tears still, my heart fluttered and appreciated the beauty

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter