Monsters

Crossover


How time flies when you're happy. Days and weeks past without me noticing that I barely had a month left on my vacation. There's no progress with hyung, I totally lost hope in him and already told omma about it. They were disappointed but are still hoping hyung would change his mind though not while I'm here but maybe someday. Family are still family, even if he hates our parents it wouldn't change the fact that the same blood runs in us. Omma wants me to come back home but I insisted on spending my entire vacation in Madrid. I could imagine the pile of work of in the hospital once I'm back.

I don't know how many times I already sighed as I prop my elbow onto the table and rest my chin in my hand, its almost 9pm and Tae-Goo hasn't returned. We were supposed to go to El Escorial today to check on themonastery.

'You're not yet sleepy Mi-na?' ahjumma asked when she passed by my sit.

I gave her a small smile, shaking my head. 'I'm fine.'

'I can call Kwok-Han and check on them.'

'No, don't!' I quickly stood up afraid that ahjumma might be dialing already. Aigoo, what would Tae-Goo think if ahjumma called and told him I'm waiting. He's probably still in a meeting. He told me he'll go out today for business. I'm glad his father is letting him handle business now, though I'm sure its not as big as the one he have in Korea. It's fine, I actually think its not yet time for him to go back to work.

'I'm really glad you and Tae-Goo are doing well.'

I looked at ahjumma hinting a teasing in her voice.'It's not like that ahjumma. Oppa and I..we're not..' I'm so embarassed that I can't even say it myself. '-we're not -' I admit my friendship with Tae oppa is progressing. We discovered Madrid together and I'm glad I was with him. He made all our trip fun and comfortable.

'Aish, it's fine, you don't have to keep it a secret from me. It's obvious how Tae-Goo is treating you.'

'Really ahjumma, we're not -'

'Ah, not yet you mean? Why? Are you worried? He's a good man Mi-Na, and I'm sure you know he has changed a lot. I have never seem him treat other ladies the way he is treating you.'

Well, probably because Tae-Goo hasn't brought any girls in the mansion? 'It's okay ahjumma, I heard about his girls before. And I understand why he was like that.'

'Based on my observation between the two of you, you two have really something special. Did Tae-Goo said anything yet? If not, you should tell him then. It's okay you know, girls now a days are aggressive.'

What? I would never do that. And yes Tae-Goo hasn't said anything he could just be looking for a friend who will really care for him. I feel sparks when I see him, it could just be me right? Tae-Goo has a long way to go as well, I'm sure he knows too that it isn't the right time. Though I'm starting to feel something for him, well who wouldn't? And he's good-looking and fun to be with, if those would just be basis I'll go for it. But I'm not young anymore, out to explore, I'm looking for matured relationship, one that you can be proud of to your parents. They say though that your reasons flew out of your head once your heart starts beating for someone.

'I'm telling you Mi-Na, Tae-Goo is really into you.'

I shook my head not wanting to get my hopes high. I didn't stay longer and went to my room after ahjumma left. Tae-Goo is old enough and he's with his men, I'm sure he's okay.

I was reading a book in the lounger when I heard footsteps and ahjumma was talking in high pitch.

'- she slept late last night waiting for you. You didn't even bother to call her knowing you won't be able to make it to your trip!'

'What did she do the entire day?' I gripped the book I was reading upon hearing that deep voice. I wanted to run to him but stopped when I remember what happened yesterday.

'I told you, she was just seating in the garden the entire day and looking at the gate most of the time, obviously was waiting for you. She asked the guard several times if they know what time you'll be back. How could you make her worry like that about you? What if she decided to go back to Korea becase she was so mad?'

I was not mad ahjumma! I can feel my cheeks warming with everything ahjumma said to Tae-Goo, what would he just think about me? I almost wanted to hide but decided not to. It was not me who was at fault in the first place. I took a deep sigh and continued reading though I could barely understand any word I was seeing with ahjumma's bantering nearing me.

'Oh you're here.' ahjumma said. I don't see them yet, but she probably saw my head.

'Good morning ahjumma.' I greeted her cheerfully.

I eyed Tae oppa warily as she stood behind ahjumma. Tss, guilty!  My eyes scanned him curiosly as he sat on the other lounger on my side. He fixed the sunglass he is wearing and his hair is almost covering the other side of his face. I turned to my book, ignoring him.

He cleared his throat. 'Sorry, ah..I missed our trip yesterday.' he said softly while looking down.

'It's fine.' I said coldly. I now understand what they mean when women said 'fine' because that means they're actually not. That's exactly how I'm feeling right now, I'm not fine I am pissed off at him. Actually more mad at myself for being pissed off because in the first place I shouldn't be.

His jaw clenched before clearing his throat again. What is it with his throat? 'I..uh, the meeting took long and something came up so yeah..'

I saw his eyes quickly turned away from me when I turned to him. I noticed something on his under his jaw. I sat and turned to him, putting my book on the side. He raked his hair and that's when I noticed bruises in his knuckles. Without saying anything, I stood up and grab his sunglasses and gasped upon seeing a cut under his eye and another one in his nose bridge.

I saw Kwok-Han approaching but immediately turned away when he saw me. And the man had black eye??!

I had a lot of things to say but not even a word came out of my mouth. His eyes kept on blinking as he look back at me and for the first time in that brave man's eyes I saw fear. I turned to walk away from him but he grabbed my arm pulling me towards. 'Don't go.' he whispered. I refused to listen to him and untangled his hand from my arm, leaving him with my heard pounding so loud I was afraid he might hear it. I felt my throat tightening as I took heavy steps away from him. Once inside the comfort room I look at myself in the mirror, my eyes b with unshed tears. I couldn't understand myself, why I was having this heavy feeling when I see him all bruised. I shook my head, removing any likely thoughts I have.

No, it's not Mi-Na, don't let your mind go there.

I took a deep breath and washed my face. Grabbing the medicine kit in the cabinet, I went back to Tae-Goo.

I feel my heart was pinch when I saw him seating there with his shoulders and head down as if he's carrying the weight of the world. His hand was playing with his sunglasses, his hair almost covering his face. My heart broke seeing a lost man in him.

I sat down quietly at the other lounger facing him. He raised his head looking at me and saw his lips broke into a small smile and his eyes lit up. I took a cotton bud and drop a few ointment. I saw his adam apple moved when he realized I was about to lean forward to him. I softly dabbed the cotton near his eyebrow where the cut is. My breath hitch with the way he was looking at me as if he wants to own my soul. It was hard for me to keep my eyes still. It was so unfair how he could look straight into me while I can't even hold it for a few seconds.

'Miyanhe.'

My hand stopped for a bit and I look into him which I regretted. I moved to his nose bridge, making me aware of his warm breath hitting my face. I cleared my throat and moved a little further away from him.

'Are you mad?' his voice soft and pleading.

Instead of answering him I shook my head, I don't trust myself to be calm seeing his bruises. I took another cotton bud and put ointment on it. I hold his chin and moved it a little bit so I can dab ointment on his jaw.

'I lost control last night when they held us up. I was hoping we can leave earlier cause I promised you we'll watch football but they don't want us to leave unless they have the materials.'

I shook my head, upon hearing that it was just a petty thing but of course it could be different for Tae-Goo.

'We could watch the football next time oppa. I hope you'll think twice before going into trouble and hurting yourself.'

He didn't talk and continued watching me.

'Are you really not mad yesterday? Ahjumma said -'

'I wasn't!' I quickly shook my head. I'm already embarassed that he knows I waited for him yesterday, hearing him say it will make more embarassed. 'Ahjumma was kind'a exaggerating, I did wait but not that long. You said you're out for work so I understand..' I didn't realize I was holding my breath but I sighed after that explanation which I felt was lengthy.

'Arasso. I don't like breaking my promise. You're not disappointed at me?'

Why does he worry about what I feel? I shook my head.

'You should take care of yourself oppa. No more getting into trouble please. It's fine if you don't get your way. Fighting are for boys.'

'Yah!' I shrieked when he pulled my lounger to him. I leaned back realizing my face is too close to his. His legs imprisoned mine while his other hand was in my small of my back holding me there. His other hand was on my side resting on the lounger. My chest would touch his if he continue to move towards me, I placed my hand on his shoulder to stop him from leaning on me further. I could almost hear my heart pounding with being this close to him. I lump started to form in my throat causing my breathing to hitch realizing our closeness.

His jaw clenched more. I have avoided his eye contact but being in this position with him is impossible. I tried to look away but I can't with the way his serious eyes is looking into mine.

'Did you say I'm a boy for getting into a fight yesterday?'

His hand from the small of my back s in my waist. I looked down to avoid his eyes but it brought me to his lips. OMO! I closed my eyes when he ran his tongue on it. I held on to his shoulder tightly, worried that I might passed out.

A soft touch on my lips turned my eyes big, rooting me in my seat. Did he just kiss me? My eyes was closed, it could be..it could be..I haven't formed any conclusion yet when I saw his head moved towards me my mind was telling me to say or do something but it seems all my senses were not working.

I saw it clearly this time, his lips landing into mine and the way his eyes close as he deepened the kiss. My eyes closed on its own as I felt the soft feather-like carress on my lips. I immediately realized this is already his second kiss on me. I felt him my lower lip weakening my knees.

I pulled to catch on my breath. I looked down since I can't bring myself to look into him. I feel his hand in my nape pulling me, followed by a kiss on my forehead.

'Do I look like a man to you now?' He asked in his deep low voice.

I looked at him with my furrowed brows, quite disappointed with what I hear. 'Was that to prove yourself to me?'

He shook his head moving away from me but his hands find their way on my waist, holding me tightly there. His eyes traveled on my face before looking into me intently.

'That's what I want to do when I saw you smile.'

I felt my cheeks warming surprised at what he said. I couldn't even remember when was that.

'You were smiling with Hyun-Ho in the garden, wearing that all white dress with your hair dancing with the wind. It was the most beautiful sight I saw.'

I don't know what to say or feel after hearing his words.

'Otoke Mi-Na? My heart wants me to keep you.'