Lost

Crossover

'You're finally awake.' I heard the familiar voice of So-Yeon. She ped her hoodie jacket and raked her hair. My arms propped in the table with my face holding my pounding head. I couldn't recall how I was able to get home last night. The last thing I could remember was getting into a heated discussion with Tae-Goo, that jerk!. I really hate him and we're really done. I'm done running after him. Good bye!

'Yeah, miyanhe. I'm not feeling well. I'll go home in a while and visit my parents.' I'm not sure if I can even take a taxi with my pounding head and my body is also aching. I probably was into a physical fight with Tae-Goo last night. I won't be surprised if I killed him.

'I saw Tae-Goo-ssi going out from your room this morning.' So-Yeon raised her brows questioningly at me.

I slowly sat up on my sit slowly taking what So-Yeon had said. My mouth opened but not a word came out of it. I blinked several times confused. Did he brought me home?

'Are you back together?' She continued to ask eyeing me curiosly. Her eyes voice out her unheard question.

'Nooo!' I shook my head, very confused. Did something happened between the two of us?? It was just a dream right? My face heated upon remembering what I dreamed last night. Tae-Goo undressing me. Me his name. It was all a dream!

'Oh? It looks like he slept in your room.' So-Yeon move about the kitchen.

Omo!! 'Was he really here?'

'Unless it was a ghost that was talking to me earlier, then it's not really him.' So-Yeon gave me a bowl of soup. 'Take this, he said it will cure your headache.'

I couldn't take my eyes off away from the bowl of soup in front of me. From him? It's impossible, but I couldn't remember a thing last night. I followed So-Yeon as she walk towards the living room to answer her ringing phone. I didn't noticed the worried look she had while on the phone as my mind was still clouded.

'Finish the soup Mi-Na, your omma just called and asked you to go to the hospital.'

'Hospital? Why?' I tried to stood up but pain immediately hit me. Blood almost drain me as I look at myself. It finally hit me that what happened last night was not a dream but was true. I shook my head, embarassed at myself as I my memory of last night hit me like a pale of cold water. Tae-Goo on top of me, both of us in the bed..omo!!!

'Ya! Finish the soup first. Tae-Goo-ssi said he'll be back to check on you in awhile. I don't want to get a scolding from him.'

'Tss! He won't come back.' I need to hurry up, I don't know what I'll do if I see him today.

'I don't care about your fight. Finish that soup before you leave, and thank Tae-Goo-ssi for it.'
 

I watched omma crying outside the operating room, I scoff at the sudden realization. Life is so uncertain. When you thought you have it in your grasp you'll suddenly lost it. The only thing I have now is regret. Last night was forgotten and today, for a long time I'm seeing my family's situation.

Doctor's revelation was too much for me to handle. Hyung was shot and is now dead. Hyun-ho and Kwon-Han is bed ridden in the hospital. Master was caught by the police. And no news about Tae-Goo is even worst not knowing if he is still alive or dead. There was an encounter near the port early in the morning, the triad group that was hunting Tae-Goo's team was caught and their leader was dead. I don't know how am I going to take the news. Should I be happy that this event marks the end of the war between these groups? Finally they have peace but it was at the expense of hyung's life and others being harmed. Greed for power will always be ugly.

'Mi-Na, let's go.'

I am startled by appa's voice calling me. I turn to him standing by omma's side following hyung's cold body in the bed stretcher being pushed. I cover my mouth with my hands shaking realizing that hyung is really gone. I lost hyung and cried my heart more with the probability that Tae-Goo was gone too.
 

'Dr Yoo.'

I was waiting outside the cemetery building where we left hyung's ashes when I heard a familiar voice. I turned around and saw master standing behind me, a few uniformed police men where a steps away from him. I swallowed hard when I heard omma's footsteps nearing us. I worried that omma will be in range upon seeing master.

'Anyeong haseyo master.' I greeted him slighlty bowing down.

'Miyanhe about what happened to your brother. He had been a loyal man and had served my family well. I made a way so I could come and bade my goodbye to him.'

'Mi-Na?' omma asked in a curious voice looking between me and master.

'Om -

'Anyeong haseyo. I'm sorry about your son Mrs Yoo. Young-Hwi had worked for my com -'

'Kre, you are his boss? He lost his life fighting for you and your illegal business.' Omma said in an insulting voice.

'Miyanhe' master calmly answered. I feel bad seeing him humbled like this when all his life his people had always look up to him. Now he is at the receiving end of omma's grief and police men are waiting to take him back to jail. The world had suddenly turned for him.

'Thank you, but no thanks!' I can sense her insults towards master. I looked around for appa, hoping he'll come and calm omma but he was still in front of hyung's vase. 'It would never bring back the long years your family have stolen my son's time with us.'

'I'll give some financial -

'We are not poor and your money is nothing compared to my son's life.' She suddenly turned to me and held my arm. 'Let's go Mi-Na.'

'Miyanhe..' I said to master in a soft voice.

'And tell your son to stop bothering my daughter. I had enough of your family!'

I could feel omma's shaking, full of anger as she walked away pulling me with her. I couldn't believe omma could say that but I understand, she was grieving and if blaming master would ease her, there is nothing I can do about it. I don't blame master, hyung choose the path he wants to trail and this is where it ended.

I remained seated in silence as we wait for appa in the car. I breathed deeply several times to calm myself before bursting out to omma for treating master like that. I understand she is still hurt but she could have just ignored master.

'Omma..' I called to her softly. Her eyes were close and her head was down. 'You shouldn't have done that. I understand it hurts -

My heart was about to explode upon seeing her anger eyes piercing me.

'Why? Are you still hang up with his son even after what they did to your brother? Your poor  brother..' she covered her face with her hands and burst into tears.

I took a deep breath and carefully rub her back. 'Miyanhe omma..' I said softly. I choose to ignore her question, now is not the right time to argue with her.

'Tell me Mi-Na, are you still seeing his son?' She looked at me wiping her tears when I didn't answered. 'You're grown up now. You've seen what they did to your brother and you still want to be with that guy?'

I guess its not only omma who wants me to be away from Tae-Goo, but fate as well. I have not received any news if he is still alive or dead. I was determined to completely forget about him since I've done it before but I guess I was wrong about fate when I discovered I was pregnant.

I was spacing out in my clinic though a lot of thoughts have been running through my mind. It isn't the perfect time to have a baby. I thought about omma's anger about Tae-Goo and his family, and where the heck is Tae-Goo? The path is so dim that I feel hopeless with my situation.

I looked down in my arm when I felt something wet drop on it. I shook my head as I wipe my tears, realizing my pitiful situation. My tears just wouldn't stop. Why now? Wae? I covered my mouth to keep myself from crying out loud. How do I go through this alone? How do I tell my parents about this?

'Tae-oppa..' I uttered his name in a shaking voice, crying for help.

I went home that night, locking myself in my bedroom. I went back in our house after hyung's death knowing my parents need my presence at home. I heard omma crying in her room calling hyung's name. Omma had been crying herself to sleep almost every night and I am starting to worry. I tried to talk about it to her, she will just smile and tell me that she's okay but I know she's not.

I covered myself with my comforter, holding it tightly. I can't believe I am in this situation, which is hurting me so much. I would like to tell my parents about my condition but thinking about the additional pain and shame I will give them makes my mouth shut. I rub my belly, feeling sad for my baby. It shouldn't be like this, you deserve a better world.

I have nowhere to go but So-Yeon. I will be crazy if I keep everything to myself.

''Mi-Na, please tell me this is Tae-Goo's child!' So-Yeon asked holding my hand tightly, confusion in her face.

I nodded.

'Otoke Mina? This is hard for you, I could just imagine what your parents would do to you if they know Tae-Goo-ssi is the father.' So-yeon asked in frustration. 'Aish, how could you not even take protection? You're a doctor! Aigoo.'

'How would I know if that will happen? It just happen you know.' I rolled my eyes at her.

'What? You could've stop him while -

'Ya! I was drunk and I even thought it was just a dream.'

'Omo..you were dreaming that -!'

I pushed So-Yeon away, not pleased with what she trying to say.

'Just stop it So-Yeon, there's nothing else we can do right now okay?'

'Kre..kre..miyanhe Mi-Na.' she patted my hands. 'What is your plan?'

'I don't know, definitely now is not the right time to tell my parents about this. I could ask them to stay in halmeoni's place for the time being. I think they really need it.'

'How about work? People will gossip you know? How can you get pregnant if your single? They didn't even know you're dating someone.'

'That I got married secretly and he is in abroad??'

'I guess that will do. Aigoo..I hope Tae-Goo-ssi will appear soon.'

'He's dead So-Yeon.'

'Ya!'

'What? I don't want to hope that he'll come back. If he's still alive and cares for me he should have done that before.'

'You're so cruel. You shouldn't be like this. It can harm your baby.'

'Tss! I'm a doctor, I know that.'

'You're just mad at Tae-Goo-ssi right now. You really love him uh?'

Love? That's a strong word. But maybe I do, but in situation like this, does it matter? 'I only have you So-Yeon, I need to be strong. I have no time to cry in the corner and hope that he'll return.'

'What if he does?'

'He won't.'


"Are you okay?' Dr Lee asked while he try to help me sit down in the cafeteria.

I shook my head trying to suppress my laugh at his worried look. I wonder if Tae-Goo will also be worried like this. I am almost nearing my due, I refused to take a leave since I will just be giving birth in the hospital. Besides I don't have critical patients lately, which is I am really thankful. I always take time to walk as a form of exercise. I couldn't wait to see my baby.

'It's obvious the baby is a boy Mi-Na.'

'You think so?' I smiled at him.

'My sister looks just like you when she was pregnant with their eldest son. She was a bit chubby and her neck -

'Oh you mean ugly?'

'Ande..ande..' he quickly shook his head laughing.

'Gwenchana..' I wanted to surprise myself so I skipped knowing the gender of my baby. The important thing for me is that he or she is healthy. I'm glad everything is going well. Everything was uncertain at first but I'm glad life is getting peaceful nowadays and I hope it will remain that way. I owe everything to So-Yeon, really. If it's a girl I told her I'll name it after her and if it's a boy I'll name it after hyung.

'How many months will you be taking a leave?' Dr Lee asked after chewing his food.

'I don't know yet.' Actually I'm thinking if I should go back to work after giving birth. Or maybe I could also request a full-time childcare leave for 1 year.

 

'Aigoo, you look like your father.'

'Ya!' I shouted at So-Yeon who was changing Young-Hwi's diaper. 'Stop spouting those words So-Yeon!'

'What? I was just telling the truth. Anyone who knows Tae-Goo-ssi will immediately recognize this is his son.'

I left out a sigh tired at arguing with So-Yeon about this everyday. 'Kre..kre..just don't say that when omma is around okay?'

'Aish, I don't understand your omma. He loves her grandson but not the father. Oh well, her daughter takes after her that's why.' She placed Young-Hwi in my arms and continued to talk as if I'm not there. 'Let me tell you something Young-Hwi..' she held unto the baby's small hand while I feed him. 'Your appa is filthy rich. You'll inherit his companies someday..'

I hit So-Yeon's shoulder. 'Stop it, you're disturbing him.' I watch So-Yeon's face lit up as she talk non-sense with Young-Hwi. She is so fond of my baby.

'Have you thought about his father Mi-Na?'

I looked at So-Yeon trying to weigh in her words. 'You mean if I'll let him see my son?'

'His son too.' So-Yeon corrected.

'Despite what happened, he deserved to know So-Yeon. If you found his grave let me know where it is and I'll take Young-Hwi there.'

'Ya, how could you say that?'

 I rolled my eyes at her. 'I have not heard anything about him So-Yeon and it's almost a year. Stop thinking about him will you? Young-Hwi is already a handful. This cute baby is our priority right now.' I pinched his chin, smiling at him as his eyes focused on me.

I have slowly recovered from giving birth. Thanks to So-Yeon who was really there and though I told her not to call my parents she did. And I'm glad they were there. I realized no matter how old we are, we still need our parents. There weren't many questions, they accepted my condition and helped me. I guess they already know as soon as they saw Young-Hwi who the father is.

Appa is always laughing every time he plays with Young-Hwi, I guess he remember my brother with my baby and want to make up for how they treated hyung before. Omma is always spoiling Young-Hwi, even just a small sound from him she'll come running to his side. They were probably like that with me too when I was still a baby. I'm glad I'm seeing them like this.