Truth

Crossover

Bright light slowly creeped into my room. I rolled into my bed, burying my face into the pillow too lazy to get up. I should be happy today is the day I return to Korea and I'm still alive. Far from what I thought on my first night here. Slowly my smile disappeared realizing the uncertainties that awaits me. I might be alive today but who knows in the coming days. I hope that day will come when I'll truly feel safe and without worry.

'Oh you're there!'

I almost freak out when I saw Tae-Goo standing in the middle of my room. I held on tightly on the robe I'm wearing as I saw him eyes me from head to toe. 'What are you doing here?'

I step back when he took a step towards me while smirking.

'Stop..stop!' I warned him.

'Wae? I want to have lunch with you before I leave.' he was slightly shaking his head, teasing me with his smile. Before I can even run away from him his hand already flew to my waist. He nuzzled my neck. 'You smell good as always.'

'Ya, let me go.' I hit his shoulder. 'You're getting wet oppa.'

He pulled a little without letting me go and look at me. 'You look beautiful after taking the shower..' He tilted his head and smile at me.

'Just after taking the shower?' I . I remove the towel wrapped on my hair and untangled myself from his hold.

'All day, but I like that I see you fresh from the shower. I'm the only one who can see you like that.' He followed me to my vanity table where I will blow dry my hair. He leaned on the wall beside the mirror with his arms cross on his chest as he watch dry my hair.

My hand was shaking especially that I see glint in his eyes watching me.

'Oppa, you're making me conscious. Stop staring at me.' I complained at him but it seems like he didn't hear my word, he sat next to me leaning his elbow in the table looking at me.

'What are you doing?' I raise my eyebrow at him when he placed his hand on my leg.

'Nothing!' he bit his lower lip, hiding a smile. 'Are you really not going to extend your stay? I'll miss you.' he snake his arms around my waist, embracing me, his nose touching my cheeks.

Aigoo, such a baby.  I patted his neck. Afraid I'll say something too emotional, I drop a kiss on his forehead instead. I feel like I'll hurt myself or hurt him if I say something.

'You're not in a hurry because you have someone waiting for you there right?'

I rolled my eyes at him, seeing his question is so childish. But I have to understand that's how he is.

'Do I look like someone who'll be in a relationship if I am already in one?'

He shook his head smiling, content with the unsaid words of loyalty. My heart melted as he watch me with bright eyes. I'm so sad that I have not been honest with him when he deserve it in the first place. I turned to him to embrace him. I have so much words to say oppa but I won't, knowing those words might hurt you.

I palmed his jaw, trailing my eyes on each of his feature. 'Oppa.' I called to him softly as my heart wrench knowing I will never see this beautiful creature again. I swallowed the lump on my throat stopping the tears that are threatening to fall. 'Kamsahamnida for touring me here, for taking me to places, for taking the time with me, for creating wonderful memories for me.' I'll always think of Madrid with you and carry it wherever I go.

Tae-Goo tilted his head as if he saw something strange in me. 'Is there something wrong?' He asked worried and carressed my hair.

I shook my head and gave him a big smile.
 

'Let's talk...' hyung's tone was cold when he said that to me. I still need to wait for Tae-Goo also, he promised to bring me to the airport.

'For what?' I raised my eyebrow at him. I can't help being sarcastic at him. I stayed here for three months and tried my best to get into a good relationship with him since he is my brother but he didn't even try, not even once. 'I'm planning to rest hyung, I have a long flight later.'

I was surpised when he pulled my by my arm, I tried to wiggle but he's hold was just tight worried that it may leave marks. He let go of me as soon as we are at the back of the mansion.

'What is it hyung? I hope you're not wasting my time.' I rub my arm checking if there were marks.

'Why are you still here? You should have left already while Tae-Goo is away.'

I stilled, not expecting that from him. He really wanted to get rid of me huh?

'I don't get you hyung.' I said irritated at him. 'I'm leaving without you, this is what you want. Why are still making it hard for me?'

'You didn't broke up with him yet?' He was hysterical.

I looked around to check if someone sees us or might be listening to us. Why is he even here? I thought he was with Tae-Goo. I looked at him hard after seeing no one is around.

' I never intended to be in this situation hyung. I'm doing my best, what I think is best for him.'

He raked his hair in disapppointment, he pulled my by my arm. 'Best? You've been using him ever since you arrived here, now that you're leaving you're still using him to buy your time?'

I peeled his hand from my arm. 'How dare you accused me of using him! I understand you are protecting him than me. But how could you think of me using anyone. How could you hyung? You're my brother, our parents -'

'Stop, I don't want to hear about any of you. I don't care anymore. Just leave, leave right now before he found out you're using him. You thought you have seen his worst, you have not seen a thing Mi-Na.'

I turned to hyung who was looking at the side of the huge gate. Four bodyguards run somewhere, followed by bleeding one being carried by Kwok-Han.

'What happened?' hyung asked Kwok-Han and was about to approached him when we heared a gun shot, from the sound of it it seems like the gun is a big caliber.

The doors to the mansion were immediately closed, I was still outside. I saw a lot of bodyguards appeared from somewhere, most of them I have not met before.

'Noona!' Hyun-Ho appeared on my side, dragging me. We heard several gun shots.

'Tae-Goo!' Hyung shouted.

I turned to Tae-Goo approaching us. His face stoic and determined as he look at me. He was ducking with a few bodyguards following after him. My hands went cold upon seeing blood dripping from his arm.

'Oppa you're bleeding!' I shouted at him.

'Let's go!' He took my hand ignoring what I told him. I saw another set of men went out from three cars carrying huge guns. What is happening? Who are these people?

'Oppa, your arm!' I shouted at him this time, catching with my breath as I keep up with his long strides.

'Boss, Jae-Yoon's men has entered the territory.' one of Tae-Goo's man explained to him.

I saw hyung ran fast to the other side, he rolled in the ground to fire at the men who just went out of the cars.

'Hyung!' I shouted in shock.

'Stay down Mi-Na!' Tae-Goo shouted.

My heart was beating fast as I follow his instruction.

'Hyun-Ho take Mi-Na to the basement and don't go out until I come!' Tae-Goo instructed Hyun-Ho before he run towards his men.

Several gun shots were fired in the fountain near us. Hyun-Ho keep on cursing.

'Hurry up noona!' Hyun-Ho grabbed my arm, running.

We turned to the left and Hyun-Ho halted making me bumped my head on his shoulder. My eyes widened seeing three men with their long guns pointed at us.

'Noona, go run on the other way!' Hyun-Ho whispered.

'No! I won't leave you here Hyun-Ho!' I grabbed the back of his shirt, holding it tightly as if my life depended on it.

'This is not the time to be emotional noona, go or else hyung will kill me.' Hyun-Ho snapped at me.

I looked at the three men in front of us. One was shaking his head as if telling me he'll immediately fire at me if I took a step. The other one seems to be challenging me to do it. I turned to see the condition in my back, a few men were running in the middle of the garden, some were hiding behind the plants firing. I couldn't tell who was Tae-Goo's men. I jumped upon hearing several loud shots.

'We won't hurt you miss, if you will just follow us.'

There's a probability that I'll survive if I follow them. I took a step towards them but Hyun-Ho grabbed me.

'Noona, no, don't go with them. Spare me.' Hyun-Ho pleaded.

'I won't come without him.' I bravely told the three men in front of us. Tae-Goo has changed but we don't really know what he'll do if he see Hyun-Ho without me.

'As you please doctor-nim!' The man with a cap answered.

I stilled looking at him, wondering how he knew my profession. I looked at Hyun-Ho who seemed not to hear what was said since he was busy looking around. One man grabbed my arm and I immediately pulled Hyun-Ho. We entered the house through the back door in the kitchen. I was surprised there were a lot of doors that lead to another room, no wonder it was a mansion. I wonder where is master at the moment. As soon as we got inside, silence enveloped us sending me chills. Are the ahjummas still alive? I thought we'll stop in the basement but we continued walking. I noticed the men leading us knows the way around, as if they know the place inside and out. How come?

I could see light piercing through the end of the basement. One of the men took the ladder, followed by the other man, Hyun-Ho followed, then I did and the last man went out. The basement led to a dense forest. I was amazed with the trail, it looks like the mansion was carefully planned. I squealed hearing a thud on our side and saw the other man lying on the ground.

'Hyun-Ho..' I whispered pulling him towards me.

'Let go of her!'

Tae-Goo appeared from one of the trees. I whimpered upon seeing his appearance, his arm is bleeding heavily now. His righ sleeve was almost covered with blood. His hand is wrapped in a bandage. His face was covered with sweats. I covered my mouth to stop myself from tearing up.

'I wish I could do that boss but you know how master Jae-Yoon. He specifically ask for doctor-nim.'

'Jin-Goo, you owe me a lot after betraying our team. I haven't touch you or anyone in your family for that matter. Just give this once to me.'

'Miyanhe, but I'm no longer your man. I don't follow orders from you anymore.'

'If your boss wants me, I'll go with you!' Tae-Goo bargained with them.

'It won't do. Boss wants this doctor.'

I looked at Tae-Goo, shaking his head, his long gun was hanging in his hand.

'Your boss is mistaken, she is not a doctor. She won't be of any help -'

'Let them have her Tae' hyung appeared from our back. 'He is right Tae, your father hid a lot of things from you. She is a doctor and this woman' pointing at me with his gun 'was used by your father to treat you.'

Tae-Goo turned to me as if seeing me for the first time. His eyes full of question. No one commented. Tae-Goo continued to piercing me with his look, he couldn't speak and Hyun-Ho was confused. He lift his gun and point it at me, pulling the trigger. 'Is it true Mi-Na?'

I looked down ashamed than frightened.

'Are you even Mi-Na?'

I could hear his range in his voice. The plates have turned, I am now the enemy. Hyun-Ho is now pointing his gun at me. The other men who abducted us are now pointing their guns toward Tae-Goo, Hyun-Hoo and hyung.

'Enough Tae' Hyung tried to get the gun from him but Tae-Goo won't just budge.

'Is that so doctor-nim?!' Tae-Goo shouted. I jumped when he fired the gun aiming it somewhere. 'Are you taking me for a fool? I am sick but I am not a fool!' he shouted in range while looking at me.

I can feel my eyes getting wet. It wasn't my intention of fooling anyone. I've been here for three months and I really enjoyed their company.

'It's not her fault Tae-Goo. Enough with that! Talk to your father.' hyung pulled the trigger when one of the men moved as Tae-Goo took a step towards me.

'Let's talk.' He grab my eyes arm but I stilled in my place. I didn't raise my head to look at him, worried that I'll see pain in his eyes. I no longer want to cover up, I don't want to pretend anymore. I want to be me. It suddenly hit me, was it really me, the true me that he likes? I pulled my arm from his hold, shaking my head as I look at him. Miyanhe..miyanhe..my mind scream as I see his cold eyes cutting through me. Hair wet from all sweats, cuts in his face, blood in his arm, I don't know if there is something more painful sight than his - he was physically and emotionally wounded.

I took a deep breath as my chest continue to tightened. I couldn't shed a tear, not wanting pity from him. You cause this Mi-Na, it's just right that you suffer the pain, I told myself.

'Miyanhe oppa..' I said softly. It was not admittance, it was for causing him to go through the pain of losing another woman in his life.

'Aaaahhhh!' Tae-goo shouted so loud and fired a lot of gun shots, shocking all of us. Hyun-Ho's face was filled with fear seeing Tae-Goo lost control. I thought he'll even shot me, I was trembling in fear. His jaw clenched and he took a another step towards me pulling the trigger of his gun. I closed my eyes as soon as I felt the coldness of the tip of his gun on my forehead. I swallowed remembering hyung's word. You won't come out here alive. This is my karma.

I opened my eyes looking down at the ground, my heart warmed seeing our feet few inches apart looking good. I remembered where our feet took us, to places we have so much fun. The sweet words said here and there.. In the corner of my eye, I saw the man lying in the ground earlier pulled his trigger and aim at Tae-Goo. I didn't have second thoughts of what I should do, I pushed Tae-Goo with all my strength and pain immediately hit me in the back. My body limp but someone catched me before I hit the ground.

'Ande!' I heard Tae-Goo's cry and felt my body went numb. I heard my name being called countless times but the last thing I remember was someone tellling me he loves me until I passed out.

'Saranghae Mi-Na..sarangahe.'