Signs

Crossover

'I heard you and Tae-Goo went out yesterday.'

I was having late breakfast when hyung approached me. I have not seen him for several days and so I wonder how did he know about it. Did Tae-Goo mentioned it to him? After my last talk to him and his recent behaviour towards me, I slowly lost my hope that he'll go back home with me, the only thing that I can hold on to is master's promise that he'll make sure hyung will be home once Tae-Goo is well. I could see Tae-Goo is progressing well, I haven't really done any professional treatment on him, but it still is a long way.

I can sense what is going through his mind with that question. It is tempting to argue to him that I'm not using Tae-Goo to change his decision but I don't want to ruin my day. I don't know, I just feel disappointed with hyung. Fine, he doesn't want to be with us anymore but atleast he should have treated me well while I'm here, it's not as if we have not spent our entire childhood together, we're not strangers.

He went to the kitchen and when he returned he has a cup of coffee in his hand. He had a sarcastic look in his face as he pull a chair in front of me. I wonder where is everyone. I don't want to spend my breakfast with hyung's scolding. I could feel his intent look at me but I did my best not to look at him. I put my spoon and fork together in the side of my plate and was about to stand up when he went ahead with his bitter words.

'Stop it with Tae-Goo, Mi-na, don't let me say it again.'

I cleared my throat and empty my cup of coffee. The corner of my mouth twisted upward in a mocking smile.

'I will tell him who you are and what you're planning to do.You already know what will happen if I do that?'

I can't believe he's threatening me with that. If Tae-Goo is important to him, he knows how I can be of help to Tae-Goo. With the way hyung is acting recently, I am starting to question if I really know him. I think that I'll get use to his scolding, that's all I get from him ever since I saw him here.

'And should I tell master that you're planning to do that hyung?' I asked him in a menacing tone. 'If so, then let's all prepare to die here. If I don't do well with Tae-Goo master will kill me, if I stay here you will kill me, if Tae-Goo found out the truth he will kill me. It's obvious where I am heading.'

I stilled when he suddenly hit the table with his palm. 'That's why I'm telling you run, go home, while you still can. Don't make Tae-Goo fall for you cause it will be worst if that happens!' He was gritting his teeth, trying to suppress his anger.

I shook my head looking at him. He must have probably seen it wrong. Tae-Goo doesn't see me the way, he was looking for the care like what his mother gives him before.

'Do I have to list down the changes I've seen with Tae-Goo since you came? And I bet you two held each others' hands yesterday while you stroll around?'

Well, of course we held our hand cause Tae-Goo seems to calm down whenever I held his hand. Tae-Goo's temper is short, when someone bumps into him he get's easily irritated. I let him talk. I leaned on my chair and cross my arms ready to listen to his bunters.

'And I guess you like it!' he laughed mockingly. 'It's not just me Mi-na, everyone here knows what's going on between the two of you.'

'You're here hyung!'

I turned and saw Tae-Goo all sweaty approaching us. His hair is wet, dripping from his face and neck even the front of his shirt is wet.

'Ahjumma said you're having breakfast.' He stood by my side and placing his arm on my shoulder. I saw how hyung sighed heavily, brows raised as if he was making a point that what he said earlier was true.

All my anger at hyung vanished when I saw Tae-Goo's warm smile directed at me. 'Why are you sweaty?' I asked when he sat down in the chair beside me. He was almost cornering me with his arm at the back of my chair and the other on the table.

'I played basketball with my men.' he turned to hyung who was sipping his coffee but I noticed his eyes was carefully watching me and Tae-Goo. 'How's the business hyung?'

I am disturbed by his sweat so I took the tip of his towel and dab it at the side of his neck. I felt his hand on my back and his gaze as soon as the towel touched his neck. Hyung's clearing of the throat didn't go unnotice as well. Tae-Goo continued talking with hyung but I didn't hear any of it as I was concentrating on the ends of his hair that was dripping. He leaned forward giving me access to the back of his neck. Aigoo, what a spoiled man he is. I turned to him when I noticed the silence in the dining area. I checked on hyung's side and saw that he was no longer there. I looked at Tae-Goo and saw him smiling as if he was amazed at what I'm doing.

'What?' My hand stopped in the air after realizing that he was now facing me and too close for calming my heart.

Tae-Goo shook his head causing his sweats to hit my face.

'Fine. Wipe your sweats!' I throw the towel in his face making him laugh.
 

'Are we eating again?' I laugh seeing the food market ahead of us. I noticed Tae-Goo loves to eat and he is not choosy, unless the foods looks awful.

'Let's try a different food this time.' He smile wider and looked at the food stalls. 'We might get separated in this crowd.' Tae-Goo held my hand as we squeeze our way through the crowd. We stopped by a cheese stall and also grabbed some fruits and continue with our stroll in that evening.

'How did you know of these places?' I asked Tae-Goo as we looked up the statue of King Philips III riding in a horse. I'm glad he decided that we head out late at night. He mentioned the place is usually packed with tourists during day time. Even though its evening you can still see accentric designs of the building because of the light in the area.

'Hyun-Ho gave me a list.' he answered after finishing his cheese.

The uniform architecture of the building caught my attention. It was simple but an elegant design. The glow of the lights gives it a classic look, I bet it will be a different vibe it is visited in daytime. I took my phone from my pocket and took a few shots.

'Do you want to take a photo?'

'Sure.' I gave my phone to him and took a few steps away from him.

Knowing that he's looking at me behind the lense is making me uncomfortable. I hope my photo turned out well, despite my uneasiness. And he wasn't even counting for me to know if he's done or not.

'One more.' he said and took a selfie of us without him leaving. He gave the phone to me and I checked it as we walk towards Casa de la Panaderia which is just at the north side of Plaza Mayor.

'Aigoo oppa, your bad at taking selfies.' I showed him the photo he took. I laugh and pointed at the selfie he took, he almost covered me and only my head is seen in the photo.

'That bad huh? Delete it.' his lips twisted.

'Nope, I'll keep it to remind me that you're not good at something.'

'You're right in there Mi-Na. Not only I am bad at taking selfies, I am a man of flaws.'

I laugh, shaking my head at him. How could he take something like that so serious? 'Oppa, no one is perfect, all of us have some bad sides. Some choose to hide it while others are okay with it. Regardless how bad a person is, there is always something good in them.' I saw several benches ahead of us. 'Let's sit there oppa, and rest for a while.'

'Wait, let me check what location this is.' He browse through his phone. 'Oh, this is Plaza de Oriente.'

I chose a bench at the back of the lined statues. There's a huge fountain in the center and trees and shrubs in the area.

'Is this our last stop?'

'I guess so, you look tired.'

'Thank you tour guide-nim.' I pat his shoulder, grinning at him. 'You did well tonight.'

'Are you going to give a big tip then, tourist?'

I laugh at him more when he ask that.

'I noticed they like making statues. I wonder who these people are.'

'I'm sure they great people Mi-Na.'

'Should I put a statue for you oppa?'

He almost choked with the fruit he is eating. 'No one would look at that Mi-Na, I told you I'm flawed.'

'It is important what others think of you?'

I was busy peeling the fruit he bought. I still don't know what fruit this is but we don't have this in Korea.

'It doesn't matter before but recently I thought it's important. I'm still working on liking myself. I think that people would like me if I, myself like myself.'

I turned my head at him, he was saying that absently. Daebak! That's the right explanation of loving yourself. It took me years to understand that phrase 'love yourself'. I thought how could that be, how could you love yourself, cause love should be selfless right? That's what they said, it's thinking more of others than yourself. But actually when you love yourself enough, it will overflow and you will love be able love others selflessly. You cannot give something you do not have. People will not like you if you yourself does not like yourself.

'I don't know...but I want to be a better man Mi-Na. I made a lot of mistakes before. I was not a good son, I was not good with my men...' he was saying that casually while chewing and watching the kids playing near the fountain.

I don't know why I feel like I doesn't want him to be this serious. The bad guy Tae-Goo is dangerous with being violent but Tae-Goo being a good guy will be more intimidating. I feel that if he is this handsome and also a nice man, our distant will be miles apart. He would be saint while I would be the sinner that would look up to him.

'and you also played with women before...' I murmured out of nowhere. I just heard some of his men talking the other day how Tae-Goo would hit on ladies he like and leave them as soon as he finds another lady he want.

'What?' His face turned grim and I realized he heard what I said.

I shook my head quickly and immediately look away. 'It's nothing. I mean..o-of course..' and now I'm stuttering. 'You're a guy oppa, it's normal I supposed.'

He laughed mockingly. 'That's why I said, I'm trying to be a better man Mi-Na. I wouldn't do that anymore when I found the lady I want to become my wife.'

Hearing him said 'wife' gives me chills. I shrugged and laugh to ease myself.

'I'll have my eyes set on her only and would want the same thing from her. I am possesive Mi-Na and easily get jealous.'

I gulped and somehow scared as if he was threatening me. I remember what happened last week when he was completely ignoring me, was that it? So probably not just with his wife but also with his friends? I shrugged and laugh to ease myself. 'Why are we suddenly so serious now?'

'Because family is a serious matter Mi-Na. I'll keep my family intact as long as I live, I'll protect them with everything I have.' His face darkened and jaw clenched. I blinked several times as I watch how his face changed. What a bad luck to be against this man and his family.

I stood up, taking a deep sigh. I feel like carrying a weight on me after our talk. I look around the area.

'What do you want to do tomorrow?'

I shrugged. 'Is there anything else we haven't been to here?'

'There's a football match tomorrow. You can come with us if you want.'

'Really?' I turned to him with excitement. I heard Madrid, Spain have one of the best football team in the world.

'Wear jeans tomorrow then. There'll be a lot of guys there.'

I raised my eyebrow at him and cross my arms in my chest. His eyes scan my body for a little while and I was never conscious with my clothes before, just now with the way he was looking at me as if he was disguted.

I placed my hands on my waist and place my one foot forward, posing in front of him. There's nothing wrong with my body in case it's not obvious with him. Omma had always make sure I take care of my skin.

His icy stare is making me weak.

'What's wrong with what I'm wearing today?' I was in white shorts and mid-rif blue top and black sneakers. The weather tonight is humid, I couldn't wear something like this in Korea cause it's winter there.

I pouted trying to look back at him.

'I just don't want to get in a fight tomorrow with some guys for looking at you.'