Calculate

Crossover

'How was it?' So-Yeon asked in the middle of our meal. I got tired eating the cafeteria meals, so So-Yeon my dear friend, would bring me lunch when I ask her. Good thing our apartment is just near the hospital. So-Yeon is really the best!

I took a deep sigh shaking my head.

'What? He's not your type again?!.'

'Ya!' I mouthed at her noticing a few people glancing at our table. I shouldn't have told her I was out for a blind date yesterday. I can't remember how many guys omma had set me up for a blind date. I was thankful that though she forced me to meet them, she doesn't forced me to get into relationship or worst marry one of them. I understand, omma is worried that I'll grow old alone, I know I won't. I have a lot of guys waiting for me, not that I'm trying to boast, it's just that none of them are my type. I don't even feel a slight spark. Attraction is the basic for every relationship, I should have at least that.

'Paging Dr Yoon to room 438 please.'

'Ya Mi-Na, don't forget to do the grocery tonight.' So-Yeon reminded as I quickly finished me meal.

'Arasso!' I wave at her as I run to the elevator going to fourth floor.

It was almost eight months since I return back to work at the hospital again. A year when I miraculously survived the surgery. And a few months ago, hyung returned home, another miracle I guess. He made it clear to me that he has not interest of going back so I'm really curious what changed his mind. I'm curious that's all and have no intention of asking him, I'm still not over of how he treated me while I was in Madrid. I know eventually I'll forgive him, after all we're family, but not yet now, maybe one of these days. After a long debate with my parents I was allowed to live with So-Yeon in her apartment with the condition of having dinner on Sundays with them. Something within my parents changed after my surgery, they  have been more lenient with me, allowing me to do what I want as long as it is reasonable. I guess the surgery hit them, they probably thought they'll lose me. It's ironic how we only get to realize the value of people when we are about to lose them and worst for some when the person is already gone.

'Dr Yoo, please just make a prescription for me, I hadn't been sleeping for several days.' my patient begged, dabbing her eyes with her handkerchief.

I shook my head. 'I'm sorry, I can't prescribe any medicine to you because you are fine. There's nothing wrong with you Mrs Kim. You have to stop thinking about negative things, refuse to think about it. Do something to occupy your time, can you do that? You said you like sewing, then do it..'

I keep looking at the wall clock since her time is already up and another patient is in line as I massagemy forehead. I think I'll be getting headache from listening to her story that were going round and round for more than an hour already. I feel bad for her, most of my patients come here thinking they need medicine for their situation. Positive thinking is a great way to figh depression, it's all in the state of mind. If you put garbage in, you'll definitely be filled with garbage. Chose to fill your mind with positive thoughts, do something that is rewarding for yourself...I could list down more but really it's a battle within one's self.

I was keeping my table after my last patient left when the door opened and Dr Lee, a neurosurgeon colleague appeared.

'Are you coming with us Mi-Na?'

I laugh as I roll my eyes at him, he's been asking me that since this morning.

'What is with that musical that you want me to watch it badly?'

'Well first because watching musical can relax us and second everyone in the department is coming except you?' Raising a brow at me as if that's a valid excuse.

'But -'

'Aish, come on..' he help keeping my office and took my bag. 'Besides we'll go to this new club later and have some drinks. I'll treat you!'

I eyed him making sure he's serious. After spending all my younger years studying and immediately working, drinking recently appealed to me. Well actually since I started living with So-Yeon anything seems interesting to me, So-Yeon is such an influencer, but I like it. It's not still too late to try those.

We were waiting outside the theater for the musical to start when I remember to call So-Yeon to inform her I will be late. I got a scolding when I told her I won't be able to get groceries tonight but I promised I'll do it first thing tomorrow since it's my day off.

'Becareful with Dr Lee, I think he likes you.'

'What?!' I whispered and steal a glance at Dr Lee. Really So-Yeon is too much, he things every guy that talks with me likes me. Good thing he was talking with the other doctors, it will be embarassing if he heard that.

'Aigoo, I knew it. You don't like him right? He doesn't passed your standard of tall and older men.'

I shook my head when I mentally saw a tall and older man with a wavy hair and...

'..that's why you're still single Mi-Na, you're very choosy. There is no longer, tall, older, handsome, y these days, they are all married.'

Is he? That could be possible especially that his father wants him to marry soon. It's been a year so who knows. I turned when I felt a tapped on my shoulder. Dr Lee was signing that we are about to get inside to which I nodded and bid my goodbye to So-Yeon.

'Oh, let's wait for Yuri. She wanted to get some drinks there.' one of the doctors with us said and pointed at the coffee shop where Yuri is. Yuri is a nurse in the hospital. I stiffened when I saw someone standing outside the coffee shop with another guy. He was wearing a white polo shirt and jeans underneath a brown trench coat. After what happened a year ago, I never thought I'll see him again. I wasn't really prepared for this.  I heard Dr Lee and some others talk but I couldn't really hear them because my heart was pounding so hard.

Tae-Goo is here!

I put my shaking hands in my pocket. A few passing people covered him but I saw him again when it cleared. He was looking at his phone while talking with the guy who is with him. My eyes went huge when he looked around as if waiting for someone. I looked around wanting to find a place to hide but there was none, we were standing in the middle. and our eyes met. Tae-Goo waved at someone behind us until his eyes reached me. His eyes was bright and his smile disappeared. I quickly turned to Dr Lee on my side to ease my panic. 'Can we go ahead inside Dr Lee?' I didn't wait for his respond but went ahead, good thing he followed and Yuri arrived, so all of us got inside together.

I watched the musical but my mind was completely out of it even when we went to the bar. I feel anxious, like someone is watching me. I have the same feeling before after the surgery that often led me to panic. It took me weeks before I was able to watch action drama because hearing gun shots would make me jump.

Tonight could just be a coincidence right or probably my eyes was just playing tricks on me because he was on my mind earlier while I was talking with So-Yeon. His not really into musical, he was probab

The past is something I really don't want to go back to. It was shameful that even the thought of it embarassed me. Its like one of the memories you want to forget but you can't.

It was Sunday, I passed by a bakeshop to get a cake on my way to our house. I anticipated it would be one of those awkward dinners again with hyung there. Fighting Mi-Na, you just need to endure a few hours and your off again. I went to the display and pick the chocolate one. I was asked to seat while they put the cake in a box. I pulled a seat near the counter, my eyes was pulled by a group of noisy teenagers in the corner. I decided to check my phone when I saw a familar face in the table not far from me. The lady offered her ice cream to the guy. In his sweatshirt and jeans, Hyun-Ho wearing an eyeglass was talking with the lady. He was not looking at me. His attention was to the lady who was laughing at what he probably said.

'Miss Yoon'

I stood up hearing my name in the counter. My sudden movement caused the table to shake making noise inside the bake shop. I hurried to the counter, getting my wallet to pay. I didn't realize I was holding my breath until I went out of the bake shop. I took a deep breath, shaking my head as I walk towards the bus stop.

I can't pinpoint it but there is something off with seeing Tae-Goo and Hyun-Ho in just a month. Was it a coincidence as well that they are in the same place as mine? Why aren't they in Jeju or in Busan, I don't care wherever in Korea just not in Seoul. Are they back in business here? I heard in the news that Tae-Goo was jailed for a few months but the case was dismissed due to lack of evidence. I felt relief for him hearing that. Now something in his past was closed, he wants it that way. So I guess he did went back to Korea who knows when. I really have no idea what happened with everyone after the shooting in Madrid. I was busy recuperating after the surgery and coping with the trauma. I woke up in a hospital bed in Seoul, I still don't know how I ended up there. It could be master or my parents who brought me to Korea? Definitely my parents were informed since when I woke up they were there. They didn't ask me about what happened, probably blaming themselves that I ended up in that situation or they already know. A huge amount of money was deposited in my bank account, for sure it was from master, I didn't want to do anything about it so I donated it to a charity.

I almost jump when I saw hyung opened the door for me.

'What is wrong with you Mi-Na? You're very jumpy.' He asked me coldly taking the cake from my hand.

I ignored him and announced that I'm home.

'How'syour work Mi-Na?' Appa asked while we eat.

'It's fine appa, I had a talk the other day in the university.'

'I hope it went well.' Omma said pushing side dishes in front of me. 'Na-Ra's son saw you in the bar last time and said  you were drunk.'

Yoo-sol? He's our neighbor. 'It's nothing omma, I was out with my colleagues.'

'Be careful staying out late Mi-Na.'

Hyung reminded without looking at me. I look at him intently, I'm really curious what made him go back home. If only I could tell him that I saw Tae-Goo and Hyun-Ho. He probably missed them, or he's probably still in communication with them, he stayed with them for a long time.

I've seen Hyun-Ho a lot of times after that day, that eventually I feel comfortable with it as if he's just like the other strangers I pass by everyday. It was probably because he never saw me nor talk to me. I was expecting to see Tae-Goo somewhere in the past months but no, he was nowhere in my area. I don't know if I should be thankful or not. I have then concluded that seeing Hyun-Ho was coincidence.

'I hate you..I hate you!' So-Yeon continued to shout at me while we jog at the park near our apartment. I was a few steps aways from her, I just giggled at her. What a lazy bum!

'You should be thankful you have me to force you on this So-Yeon. With your lifestyle, I'm not even sure if you'll live 40 years more.' I run as fast as I can when I saw her took off her shoe and was about to hit me. I walk backwards catching my breath as I watch her jog lazily. I turned and walked slowly to wait for So-Yeon when I saw a familiar face sitting in a bench while twirling his foot with his hand. .

I stop and look at the guy with narrowed eyes, wanted to be sure if he is really him that I am seeing. Even this far I could already tell who he is, just with the built of his body. I know I decided that seeing Hyun-Ho was coincidence but seeing Kwok-Han this time near my apartment, everything is starting to be suspicious. First it was hyung, then Tae-Goo, Hyun-Ho and now Kwok-Han it was hard not to think they are up to something. And as I said why in Seoul? They could be anywhere in the world even in Korea but why here. Are they following me? Seething with anger, I dialed hyung's number.

'I saw Kwok-Han!' I immediately told hyung as soon as he answered the phone.

'So?' hyung answered coldly.

Heol! Just that?

'Kwok-han is near my apartment. I saw Hyun-Ho a lot of times and I saw Tae-Goo few months ago. What is this? Why are they here?!' I hissed at him.

'If you're so curious why didn't you ask them?'

I closed my eyes tightly, feeling my anger will burst any moment I ended my call.

'What's the matter Mi-Na?' So-Yeon reached my side.

I just shook my head frowning at my phone. 'It's nothing. Let's finish our lap.'

I could be over reacting, but its really bothering me when I see them. I won't be surprised if I saw master one of these days. Weeks passed and I continue to do my routine but have started to be wary of my surroundings. I decided to file a vacation leave since I noticed I'm becoming agitated again. A rest would do me good.

'You should have asked your brother to be with you instead of me.' I complained at So-Yeon who was dragging me to the entrance of the office building.

'Why? I want to show off to my officemates that I have a doctor friend. Pali Mi-Na, there won't be any food left if we won't hurry up!'

I shook my head at So-Yeon, when it comes to food you really can't beat her. I look around their building and was amazed by the interior designs. So-Yeon worked for a huge car company, known for being lavish with their parties and when it comes to their employees.

'Ya!' I elbowed So Yeon So-Yeon upon seeing the pile of food in her plate. 'That's enough, you're embarassing me.' I hissed at her while in front of the buffet table.

'These is for the two of us Mi-Na.'

I followed So-Yeon who went to a vacant table.

'So-Yeon, have you seen the sajangnym's friend?' a lady in So-Yeon's left side asked her. Looks like her officemate noticing the same ID cord she is wearing as So-Yeon.

So-Yeon shook her head. I frowned seeing was full.

'Let's greet sajangnym later and ask a picture with his friend. He's very handsome So-Yeon.'

'Kre?!'  So-Yeon asked, her eyes turning huge. Both of them giggled, making me smile. So-Yeon nudge me 'Come with us later and we'll meet sajangnym's friend. He could be your type.'

I almost choke upon hearing that. I feel like hitting So-Yeon in her head for always matchmaking me with just any guy, he haven't even seen the man. Our table was full with laughter. So-Yeon keep on teasing her colleagues and I can't help but giggled from time to time. I look at my watch wondering what time we can go home.

'So-Yeon, I'll go to the toi-' I stood up but she grabbed my arm making me sit again.

'That's our sajangnym, the guy in gray suit. I'll introduce you to him, his ex-girlfriend was a doctor as well.' So-Yeon whispered.

I shook my head realizing that was too much information for an employee to have. I turned to where she is pointing. I saw their sajangnym shaking hands with the other people sitting in front. I saw a tall man approach him but only his back was visible to us.

'So-Yeon that's sajangnym's friend.' So-Yeon's friend told her squealing 'Omo, even his back is handsome.'

I raised my eyebrow at her, how could you say a back is handsome? I watch the ladies in the table scrambled to their feet. So-Yeon quickly pulled me by my arm that there was no time to decline. We bumped to some of the employees standing around sajangnym and I almost lose my balance when a hand pulled my arm stopping me from falling to the floor. I couldn't hear a thing when I saw who was holding my arm and looking at me. A lot of people were around us but I feel like a glass were enclosing just the two of us. My heart hurt seeing that familiar brooding eyes and at the same time feels unknown to me after what happened last time we were together. He looks thin but it doesn't affect the masculine qualities he exhibits, he is still that annoyingly beautiful. His thick pruding lips for surely would still be soft as before. His thick eyebrows intensified  as it almost reach each other. His hair is a shorter now, giving him a cleaner look and emphasize his cheekbones. He seems so unfamiliar seeing him in a three-piece suit making physique bold that one would think twice before approaching him. He always had the stance of masculinity before but now his manliness screams even without him trying. What a selfish man for having everything! My heart ached seeing him this close and realized that my heart responded to him the way it was before.

Laughter woke me from my thoughts and I realized Tae-Goo was smiling at sajangnym.

'..not true.' He was shaking his head as it seems sajangnym was teasing him. I peel my arm away from his hold making him turn to me. 'I'm not single.'

I took a deep breath after hearing what he said.

'I'm in a relationship for more than a year now.' he said in a deeper voice that I could remember. His eyes remained in me as if he was not surprised to see me.

My mind did a quick math and realization dawned at me. Cheater jerk!