Friends

Crossover

Moo Tae-Goo in a plain white long sleeve, dark blue jeans while scratching his eyebrow is death, it can make you pass out. That's what I realized as I saw him walking in the garden with Kwon-Hwan. I felt my cheeks warming when I remember what's under that shirt. Aigoo, Mi-na, your mind really. I couldn't take off my eyes from him while he was smiling so bright like he is shooting for a toothpaste cf. I understand now why he rarely smile, cause if he do, ladies will die just by looking at him. He slowly turned his head and pinned me with his eyes. I almost passed out with the sudden pounding of my heart. I quickly turned my eyes away from him and returned to the message I'm trying to send to my omma. I finally was able to inform them that I have 'safely' arrive after getting back my phone yesterday.

I woke up this morning alone in Tae-Goo's bed, sprawled out as if I'm used to sleeping there and Tae-Goo nowhere to be found.

Where have he been the entire day?

I think I'm going to have a fever with my nervousness as I hear his footsteps approaching. I have no idea how we woke up. Was he snuggled in my neck? Was his arm still in my waist? And what if I was the one snuggled unto him or embracing him? Did I snore? Aish! I want to hit my head. How could I sleep so well that night?

What happened to the plan to approach him first Mi-na? My mind reminded me. I know right! How can I hear from him when I'm acting like this? Should I pretend that I didn't slept beside him last night?

I heard Kwok-Hwan's voice telling Tae-Goo about a certain place in Korea, they eventually laugh in the end. Watching him laugh without giving me chills was like a ray of sunshine through the clouds. He looks different today, radiant if I may add not because he's wearing white but with his bright aura. I look away when he caught me watching him. Is this what we are going to do the entire time? Steal a look at each other?

I turn to him when he stood by my side and immediately regretted it. I quickly look away, swallowing the lump in my throat and decided to greet him formally without looking into him. 'Anyeong Tae-Goo-ssi.' I stuttered despite trying to compose myself. Greeting him formally sounded off when we already 'slept together'.

He ruffled my hair, stilling me. I am now confused if the real him is this sweet or the violent one?

'I just want to tell you that ahjumma is not around later, you can help yourself in the kitchen.' I looked up at him, blinking my eyes several times seeing him this close. His hair a little messy, bouncing at the side of his face whenever he tilts his head. I can't believe my dream now if to be his hand that is absently raking his hair from time to time. I could almost hear So-Yeon's description of a guy that she wants me to meet here in Spain.

'How about you?' Is he going out tonight? I looked down at his wearing, its hard to tell if he's going out with his clothes. Even the ordinary clothes looks extraordinary when he wears it.

'Me? Why? Are you going to cook for us?' He took something from his pocket and purse it in the side of his mouth.I almost faint at how hot he was standing there with a cigarette in the side of his mouth while he rake his hair. I hope he won't light that cigarette in front of me or else my bubbles of him will burst. How I wish he'll stop smoking. I know it makes him feel good and he looks hot nipping that cigar, but this add to his instability.

I felt his teasing voice making me uncomfortable. I have to fight this nervousness, I shouldn see him as a patient not as a man! I thought about cooking but what would he do while I am coooking? I observed that he is man who gets easily bored. He always find something to do.

'Shall we go out for dinner?'

He was about to lit his cigarette but stop midway, he set his cold eyes on me while I look away uncomfortably. The way he scanned me from top to bottom didn't escape my eyes. He tucked his cigar and lighter and lean towards me.

'Are you asking me on a date?' His dimple on his left cheek appeared.

My eyes narrowed upon understanding his question. I stood abruptly and turned to him, my eyes widen and mouth gaped with what he is implying. I fan myself in horror.

'Bwo???'

'It seems like you're worried about me.' His eyebrows wiggling as he continue to tease me. 'Arasso. I also like ladies who gets ahead of men.'

'Ya!' I took a step back in unbelief. 'Its a friendly dinner. I mean... since I'm your visitor I thought you would like to eat with me.' Aish, this isn't sounding right. It looks like I'm the one desperate here. I frown when he laugh, throwing his head back like he found me hilarious.

'That and because we're now friends?'

Friends? Does people nowadays still have to say that someone? Isn't it automatic that if you like someone not LIKE you are friends with them? I don't know why it feels like being in that level with Tae-Goo is an honor. Is it because he only have a few people whom he can call as friends?

Tae-Goo was playing with his car keys while we walk toward his car. His bright mood makes me smile as I walk behind him. The car had been moving a several minutes and no one has talked. I could almost hear my breathing in the silence. My mind is racing for a conversation, I need to keep him talking so he'll open up. And obviously I wouldn't expect it to come from Tae-Goo or not?

'Appa told me you're here for a short vacation.'

I cleared my throat not wanting to lie but my situation leaves me no choice. 'Yes, just for a few weeks.'

'Good for you. There are a lot of famous for museums you can visit here if you're into it. Though it might probably be boring for you.'

'I like museums, I think the frist place to go if you're visiting a place is the museum.'

'True. Are you working in Korea?'

'Well, right now..I'm not.' That wasn't entirely a lie. I'm not working right now cause I'm on a vacation, right?

'So you trav -'

My shoulders almost hit the window when Tae-Goo suddenly swiveled the car into the side. He harshly opened the door.

'Ya! Come out here!'

I could see him turning red, his eyes sharp as he yell at someone. I stilled when he opened the window and immediately start the car, stepping on the gas heavily. I held on the handle tightly as the car overspeed.

'Where is that car?! The guts of that guy to cut on us!' Tae-Goo continued to mutter under his breath and I would hear a curse. His veins in the neck and hand are visible together with the rise and fall of his chest.

I took a deep breath calming myself despite the my fear for what could possible happen. Road rage is something to be taken seriously. I wonder if Tae-Goo has a gun in his car. And what if the other party is also someone with a bad temper? I need to be calm so I can calm Tae-Goo.

'Tae-Goo-ssi' I called softly, patting his arm.

His cold eyes turned to me, I hold on to his look refusing to back down. 'Please calm down..' My hand smoothed his arm, back and forth. His arm felt hard for a moment but eventually felt soft as he calms down. 'Take a deep breath okay?' I his hair down to his jaw. He closed his eyes as I engulf his two hands with mine. 'It's alright..it's alright. Just let it pass hmmm?' He leaned his back on his seat taking a deep breath and look at me.

I smiled at his soft look at me, gone was the cold and hard stare earlier. I feel so proud of him. It's not easy to control your anger and I'm glad he did.

'Miyanhe Mi-na-ssi. Did I scare you?'  His thumb brushing the back of my hand is such a relief. I shook my head smiling at him.

Dinner is going fine, so far. I can't help but smile as I watch him eating. I realized that I will get to know him more if I'm with him. Hearing Tae-Goo cried out for his mom last night make me wonder if that's one of his triggering factor. Does he always have nightmares? We ate at the table outside the restaurant. I noticed Tae-Goo likes to lead. I didn't bother anyway since I'm new in the place and wouldn't have a clue on what to order. I took the wine glass and drink it in one go getting an arch eyebrow from Tae-Goo, laughing after.

'You don't have to get drunk this early Mi-na.' He shook his head, smirking at me. 'You are one funny person, you know. I can't even remember when was the last time I laugh.'

I'm not trying to get drunk, I just want to loosen up myself cause I need my mind to function well in order to keep him talking.

'I'd like to visit one of the museums in the next few days. What do you recommend oppa?'

He placed down his fork and lean towards me while crossing his arms in his chest. 'Oppa?' he made sure to pop at the end, stressing it. He tilted his head watching me, a small smile begins to break in his lips.

I must be really drank that it slip my mouth. I ignored his last remark as if it doesn't affect me.

'Interesting. I thought you'll be familiar with his place by now. You're not into arts?'

'No.' a crease formed in his forehead and he looked away uneasy.

'Do you like to travel?'

'I do but haven't had one lately. The last time I travelled was when I was young.'

I gaze at him as he look far smiling, as if he was trying to recall a happy event in his life. I can't help smile as well with the way he is smiling. I probably look like an idiot looking at him like this.

After our dinner, I was surprised we stopped by in front of a museum. It was already closed so I wonder where we are going.

'Are we going to eat again?' I asked him when I saw the food trucks.

'There's a park ahead, I feel like going for a stroll. The weather is nice and the night is bright.'

I smiled looking up to him gazing at the stars with his hands in his pocket. What a lovely view.

'Let's get some coffee?'

I tucked my lips when I saw him looking at me. Did he caught me looking at him? I looked away embarassed at being caught. I followed him when he started walking towards the food trucks.

We have been walking for a few minutes around the park and I noticed he had been laughing a lot when I say something. I'm not sure if it's the way I talk or with my action. I know I am funny at times but he laughs easily making myself laugh at him. I think we're crazy laughing at each other.

He walk backwards in front of me, sipping his coffee as he look at me intently.

'What?' I asked as I start feeling conscious with the way he looks at me. 'Are you going to walk that way?'

He just nod and smile tilting his head. 'What are you doing?' I asked laughing nervously when he stop walking and just watch me. 

With an intent look at me, he slowly said 'Thank you. Thank you for last night.' Gone was the playful smile a while ago. I almost teared up with the way he said 'thank you' touched my heart. It was so sincere like he owe his life to me. I felt embarassed with how grateful he is. I should have been used to this since I've heard this a lot of times from patients. Hearing him say it intently gives a new meaning to the phrase and to the effort I exerted. I just shook my head and smile at him not knowing how to respond. He took a step back and walk by my side.

'It was the first time a slept well for a long time.'

I don't interfere with him in case he might stop talking.

'I feel good when I woke up.' he held my arm looking into it. 'Looks like you had a good sleep as well, you woke up late in my bed.' smirking at me.

'Ya!' I pulled my arm from his hold embarassed by what his words are implying. I walk faster leaving him behind laughing.

'Omo..our Mi-na is sensitive.' he continued to tease me.

I looked at him trying to compose myself, I should use this time to help him. 'You know I read a health book. It says a good rest will give you a good day. Sleep early, avoid drinking and smoking oppa.'

'Huh? You're just using last night to tell me to stop drinking and smoking!'

'I'm not, getting a good rest is basic. It will help you focus.' I defended myself.

'Besides you're not a doctor to advise me on that!'

Arasso, I'm not a doctor. 'Fine, whatever you want to do but that's what I know based on my readings. I like reading health books.'

We stop by the playground, I sat in the swing when he sat at the one across it. We probably look like immatured adults playing in the swing, but it doesn't seem to matter with Tae-Goo.

'I'm thought, I'll find you here!'

Both of us turned to look at the man who spoke.

'Young-Hwi!' Tae-Goo scrambled to his feet, running to the man.

Hyung?