Count Down

Crossover

After picking a book I wanted to read, I went to the couch to sit. Unlike the other areas in the mansion the library gives the warmest feeling that's why I often hid myself here. I wonder if they actually read these books or just a family collection. It seems it has been set up by a woman with beige painted walls and custom designed floor-to-ceiling bookshelves. A silk tassel trim curtain hanged by the large window.

I was in the middle of my reading when I felt a peck on my cheeks. I turned and saw Tae-Goo smiling as he jump to the couch.

'Ya! You'll broke the couch.'

'So you're hiding here?'

I was rooted to my sit when Tae-Goo lay down and place his head on my thighs as his pillow. There was something warmth touched my heart with the way he look up at me smiling.

'Were you waiting here for me like what a good wife does waiting for his husband to return from work?'

I rolled my eyes at him and poked his forehead. Aigoo, what a conceited man. I'm still adjusting with this girlfriend role and now he is mentioning 'wife'. This guy is just so quick.

'You're really into reading health books ah.' Tae-Goo commented when he held the book I was reading. He placed my hand holding the book in his chest while he clutch on my arm, smoothing it. I discovered that Tae-Goo is a touchy man just like what he is doing now. 'I won't complain, we will have long life if we apply all your readings.'

I didn't even realize I was reading books about blood type and appropriate food each type. I don't know if I'll be even able to admit it to him. The road ahead is so gloomy I couldn't see ourselves there. Right now, I'm taking each day as it comes.

'How's work?' I raked his hair with my hand making his eyes close. I can't help but smile upon seeing him sigh. Is he tired?

'Hmm..it was good. But I am the happiest when it's time for me to go back home then I get to be with you.' he his side facing me, his arms snaking around my waist.

'Ya!' I hit his shoulder when he buried his face on my tummy. Worried that someone might come inside and see in this position.

'I miss you today.'

I pushed his shoulder when I felt his hand under my shirt, running on my sides. 'Oppa!' I shouted at him to stop his hands from roaming. I don't know if he still has his teenager hormones, its always raging up everytime where together. I'm so scared that I might just give in to him if he continue to be like this. I pinched his arm when he didn't stop.

'What? I'm just holding you. It's because you're all soft Mi-Na!'

We look at each other for a few minutes before he pull my head down meeting his lips for a kiss. I watch him his lips after while his free hand was smoothing my back and the other hand in my arm. His hands are busy.

'Introduce me to your parents Mi-Na. I want to thank them for giving birth to you.'

I stilled for a while after he mentioned my parents. I haven't made any plans yet with him when I go back to Korea. I have no idea what his plans as well and I don't want to hear it. I always believe that it's safe when you don't know a thing. That's why I understand patience who refuse to see a doctor even when they're sick. People are always afraid of what's unseen and of what they perceived to be true.

'Ssshhh.' Patting his lips 'I don't want to think about going back home yet. I want to enjoy the few weeks lefts I have here without thinking about home.' I continued raking his hair.

'Why? We can just stay here if you don't like to go back. Shall we go to Guam then?'

I shook my head, smiling at him looking peaceful in my lap with his eyes close.

'Ah, it must be the feeling of going back to reality after a long vacation.'

Reality. Yes, my life in Korea is my reality. And that is if I can go back alive. I watched him intently, jealous of how he seems so bubbly these days. I can only wish it was the same thing with me. If only I met him in a different time, it would have been perfect.

'I know you really like me Mi-Na, you don't need to stare at me that hard, I'm all yours you know.'

I pinched his ear I thought he'll complain instead he was laughing, his deep low voice surrounded the library. I'm glad he's happy but seeing him like this makes me worry of the days to come. It seems getting away from him is becoming harder and harder each day.

We fell into silence and I went back to reading. Tae-Goo's eyes was close, I thought he's sleeping but his hands playing with my fingers says he's not. In a few mins I heard Tae-Goo's soft snore making me giggled. I feel like pinching his cheeks for being cute, he's like a big cute lion. Big and strong man outside but all soft inside.

I heard a sudden thud in the floor and saw the book in my hand fell. Omo, I feel asleep? I tried to move but was restricted upon seeing Tae-Goo's face burried in my tummy, his arms s around my waist. My left leg felt numb as well.

'Oppa..' I whispered to him trying to get up. I turned to the door when I heard the turning of the knob. 'Oppa!' I shook his shoulder 'someone is at door, get up!' I heard him groan, finally! I scrambled to my feet seeing it was his father and hyung who entered the room. Tae-Goo was still seated scratching his eyebrows watching the two approached them.

Aigoo, this man! How could he just sit there when I am so embarassed here? I cleared my throat 'Anyeong haseyo' I greeted the two, bowing slightly.

'Anyeong Mi-Na' master greeted me with warm smile, his eyes moving between me and Tae-Goo. I'm sure he already knows about me and his son. Like hyung, he probably think I'm just using Tae-Goo, but recently I came to a point that I don't care anymore but what they think. I know the truth, my feeling for Tae-Goo is true. It doesn't matter anyway, I'll leave this place and they may all hate me all they can when I'm gone.

Hyung sat in the couch in front of us, he was also watching me and Tae-Goo.

Tae-Goo pulled my to his side. My cheeks warmed especially when I heard his father laugh. Hyung cleared his throat and look away.

'Why are you even standing? It's not as if you don't see them here.' Tae-Goo told me.

'Could you fix your hair please?' I turned to him and whispered and turned to hyung and master who was watching us with amused face. 'What is it appa?'

'I was told we needed more security in Gangnam..' master answered him.

I took the book on my side not wanting to listen about their business. I wanted to leave but the way Tae-Goo is holding my shoulder as he lean on the couch seems impossible for me.

'We can order more long guns in Russia if that is needed, especially that you are planning to return to Korea soon, right Hyung-Wi?'

My heart pounded realizing the danger that awaits him when he return. Why does it have to be this way?

'We have enough men appa. Adding would just cause more ruckus there. I want a quiet life when I get there appa.'

I felt Tae-Goo's thumb making small circles in my shoulder. I saw hyung's eyes turned to Tae-Goo's hand on my shoulder. I left out a sigh, wanting to free myself from then tension I am feeling from their talk.

'Hyung you're coming with me right? I'll feel safe when you're with me.'

I looked at hyung waiting for his answer. I have accepted the fact that he won't be with us as his family but learning that he will be in Korea gives me hope.

'I'll decide on that Tae-Goo.' his father answered. 'I'm still waiting for some improvements, if everything work well Hyung-Wi will join you.'

I clenched my jaw remembering my agreement with master. It doesn't matter, I told myself. My back almost hurt from seating straight, trying not to listen on their talk.

Tae-Goo moved his hand to the back of my neck and lean towards me. 'What date are you going home Mi-Na?'

'It's safe to go after a month Tae, its better to be safe than never. It's not joke what you did to his son.' hyung coldly stated.

I'm curious but didn't voice it out. Again, its better to be clueless.


'Shoot it Hyun-Ho!' I shouted from my seat as I watch Hyun-Ho dribbled the ball towards the ring. I laugh when Tae-Goo stopped running and look at me with his brow shot up. 'What?' I asked laughing at him.

He walked towards me after Hyun-Ho missed shooting the ball. 'I'm the boyfriend, why are you cheering at him?'

'Aigoo..you're being jealous again.' I have his water and wiped his sweats. He held my hand with his towel and pulled me to him, pecking a kiss on my lips.

'Ya!' I hit his shoulder with the towel. I couldn't say more, shocked with what he did.

He laugh seeing my mad face. I smile inwardly, I never thought simple things like just being with him can make me happy. He stood up and placed his cap on my head. 'Keep it in your head, the sun is up.' 

I smiled at him, watching him run back to the court with his men and Hyun-Ho. Tae-Goo is so caring. A lot of study shows that you are what you are today because of how you were treated when you were young. His mon must have filled him with love and care in his growing years. I'm glad that even in that few years he felt being cared for.

I was trying to finish the book I was reading the other day when I heard footsteps approaching. I turned and saw it was master so I stood up and waited for him.

'Sit down Mi-Na.'

I went back to my sit, picking my cup of coffee and sip while I wait for master to talk. He was wearing a grim face, and sense that he was here for serious talk.

'Ahjumma told me you have started packing already.'

'Ne master, that's right. I don't want to forget anything and cram up..'

'I don't know how to thank you enough Mi-Na. Seeing Tae-Goo now is more than I have expected, he is the son I have before his mother passed away. I'm so grateful.'

I shook my head not wanting to take the credit since really, I have not done anything but listen to Tae-Goo and be with him.

'I already talked to your brother -'

'Please don't master. We already talked, he is happy here working for you. I already talked to my parents as well and they're okay with it. I don't want hyung to be with us unhappy.'

'But I promised you, its not even enough for what you did..'

'Ani. We're okay, don't wor- '

'Jagi!'

I rolled my eyes at Tae-Goo who was putting on his shirt as he walk towards us. I heard master laugh seeing my reaction, so I apologize to him which he just ignore while smiling.

'I'll leave the two of you.'

Master stood up which I did as well, meeting Tae-Goo.

'I told you not to call me that. You're using that with your previous women.'

'Tss, Kwok-Han was just teasing you when he said that. What did you and appa talked about?' He put on his coat, my eyes didn't miss the gun on his side, making me worry.

'Just about my flight.'

'Oh kre.' 

I like that Tae-Goo doesn't really ask a lot of questions. We really didn't talk about how its gonna be once I'm back in Korea. He probably thought we'll just carry on since he's planning to go back there as well. 

'Where are you going at this hour?'

'I need to check something. I won't stay out late.'

I frowned at him not believing his word. He has been coming late these past few days from work and its hard not to worry. A small smile starts to form in his lips while he took hold of my hands putting them around his neck. His hands went to my waist and pulled me towards him allowing no space in between us.

'Don't wait on me here okay? Go to your bedroom and sleep.'

I shook my hand watching his lips open with every word he says, I will then move to his eyes watching me intently.

'It's late oppa and you're going out carrying a gun. Who wouldn't worry?' I placed my hands on his shoulder not wanting to be pulled by the way he look at me.

'You'll get use to this eventually. I'll take care, so I can come back to you, hmm?'

I pouted, still worried.

'As soon as I come back I'll go to your room.'

'Ya!' I poked his eyebrow.

'What?' He asked laughing as if I don't know what's going through his mind. 'I'll go now!' He looked down on me, cupping my nape and placing a tender kiss on my lips. But as soon as our lips touch everything was forgotten.

I close my eyes parting my lips a little. Tae-Goo loves kissing and I am a fast learner of how he does it. He softly on my lower lip, and slowly entered his tongue. His kisses were hot and seeking, that I didn't even budge when he pulled me more towards him. I just hope no one would come to the garden and see us. I pulled myself to catch my breath making Tae-Goo smile. He pulled me in between his legs when he sat at the edge of the table without removing his hands on my waist.

'I told you to breath through your noise.' he whispered smiling while looking at my lips as if he wants more. He s his arms around my waist pulling me more towards him. His other hand went to my nape pushing me towards him. He look up and drop kisses to my jaw making me hitch my breath. I felt the heat spreading in my system as quick as the forest fire. My eyes dilated seeing him kissing me this way. I bit my lower lip feeling his wet kissed in the side of my neck. My hand on his own accord raked his hair. I held on to his arm tightly worried with my weakening knees. My soft moan was covered with his lips. His kisses were deep as soon as it touch my lips for the second time. I brushed my lips against his, equalling the pressure he is giving me. He moved to my upper lip making me run for his lower lip. His kisses were intoxicating. I should give it to him, he's a good kisser, I don't have anyone to compare but even if I have I know he would still have the label.

'Oppa..'I moaned when I felt his hand move from my side towards my chest. 'Oppa...' I hold on to his hand to stop him. I don't think I would be able to stop once he went to that part.

His hand stilled. I felt his hands around me pulling me towards him for tight hug. 'Miyanhe.' I saw his eyes shut tightly and forehead creased as if he is battling with his innerself. 'This is such a wrong timing Mi-Na' He groaned making me smile as I rub his shoulder.

'Are you still leaving?'

He suddenly look at me realizing he's about to leave before we ended up in this situation. He palmed his forehead. 'Right, aish they must have been waiting for me!' He stood up 'You make me forget things. Wait 'til I get home later.' he smirked at me, dropping a kiss on my lips before he leaving me.