Misunderstood

Crossover

I giggled as I watched hyung sparring with Kwok-Han in the garden both are already sweating. Hyung hit Kwok-Han's head laughing at him, eventually hyung run away laughing when he saw Kwok-Han pulled a long stick. He seems happy here indeed. I took a video of hyung laughing like a child. At least I have something to show to omma.

'It seems you like hyung.'

I scrambled stopping the recording upon hearing Tae-Goo's voice near me. When did he came?  'Who?'

'Young-Hwi.' He placed his hands in his pockets while looking at me intently.

I shook my head smiling as I look back at hyung and Kwok-Han. 'They look like a kid.'

'Ya! Enough of that Kwok-Han!'

I turned to him frowning. Why did he stop them? They're having fun and they're actually sparring, its part of their work.

'Are we still going out for lunch or you'll stay here and watch them?'

I tilted my head, confused at what he just said. I was waiting for him outside cause he said we'll go out and now he's wants me to just stay here? When I realized what he was saying, he was already steps away from me so I run after him. 

'Tae oppa, wait up!'

I halt abruptly when he suddenly turned to me, glaring. 'I change my mind. I don't want to go out anymore,  you stay here and watch them as long as you want.' He clenched his jaw while I still look daze with what he is saying.

Did he say that I like hyung? Yes, I like hyung because he is my brother, not the 'like' that he seems to be implying. Oh wait, did he think I like hyung? I smiled wanting to burst our laughing but realized he was mad by the way I heard the scraping of the chairs and the furnitures he kicked. I could hear him muttering but could not understand a word he is saying. He even shouted at the one of the body guard he met.What is wrong with him? Is he mad that I like hyung? Why would he? Does he like me all of a sudden?  I shook my head not wanting to let the trails of my mind go there.

There is nothing more awkward than lunch. It was only Tae-Goo, hyung and me in the table. Hyung was talking but Tae-Goo keeps his reply short and as for me I don't have any plans of talking especially that Tae-Goo looks like he hasn't cool down yet. In that case, he shouldn't have join the lunch if he'll just behave like that. I'm starting to be pissed off with his attitude. He was really good at making me feel left out in the table, I feel like I'm third wheeling for him and hyung. I took a deep breath and reminded myself I need to understood Tae-Goo.

'I'm sorry to keep you waiting.' ahjumma said putting the dishes in the table. 'I thought you are going out Tae-Goo.'

I swallowed with what ahjumma said. You should't have ask that ahjumma. I turned to Tae-Goo who is glaring at me.

'I was but changed my mind.'

I took the glass of water in front of me and drink. I feel my throat drying as I feel Tae-Goo's burning gaze at me.

'Is that so? Arasso. Enjoy your lunch.' ahjumma went back to the kitchen.

'Aigoo, women nowadays, you just turned your back and they find someone else.' hyung absently commented as he pick some side dishes.

I gave hyung a sharp look. Did he got cheated? I turned to Tae-Goo, wondering if it was him but he was scowling at hyung. Hyung just laugh patting Tae-Goo's back.

'Gwenchana, let's eat. We're way past lunch time Tae.'

I ate silently my mind continue to wonder about what hyung just said. It doesn't seem to be like Tae-Goo, he doesn't look like someone who will pinned to a woman. I mean with his looks and money he can have any woman he wants. If it is Tae-Goo, I wonder what she looks like and how she is as a person for Tae-Goo to act like this. She's probably educated, pretty of course and from a rich family as what deopyonim mentioned. Good for him, they're a good match.

The same thing happened at dinner. Only hyung and Tae-Goo will talk to each other as if I'm not there. I shouldn't have come, I realized when they left me alone at the table. But then I have to, at least I'll see hyung and might got a chance to talk to him. He hasn't said a word to me since the last time we talk. Is he really serious in ignoring me?

I woke up the next day before my usual wake up time from the loud laugh of hyung outside. I smiled at myself remembering when we were kids. The house will be noisy early in the morning as we prepare for school. Hyung and I will bicker with each other with breakfast. I comb my hair using my hand and open my window to watch him. I waved at him as he plays basketball and tried to catch his attention seeing he's alone playing.

Cute. It was like during his high school days everytime I watch his games in school.

'Hyung!' I called him.

I saw Tae-Goo approaching hyung with a tumbler in his hand, sweating. Oh, he also plays basketball? That's good for him.

Tae-Goo caught me looking at them, I tried to smile but he immediately look away. I wanted to close my window but I know it's already too late. I saw Tae-Goo tap hyung's shoulder and they went inside the mansion.

'No, it's not like that.' I took the paper and pen from Hyun-Ho how to solve the mathematical problem he is working on. I'm glad my day still turned productive, I'm not even sure if I will still be able to check on the museums since it seems like Tae-Goo has completely ignored me the past few days.

'Let's play Hyun-Ho.' Tae-Goo putting on a baseball glove passed by our side.

'Sure hyung!' Hyun-ho smiled apologetically at me with his lit face. It looks like he got tired from working on his paper and was really wanting to have a break. I just nod at him and turned my seat to watch them play catch ball. I look at the blue sky, smiling as I see a couple of birds flying, the weather is really nice. He had been constantly playing with them and realized he's into sports. I shouldn't be surprised, his body is well built.

'- swing your arms.'

I giggled seeing how serious they are with their game. I miss playing with hyung. Hyun-Ho run after the ball which landed on the farthest part of the garden, I took the chance to open a conversation with Tae-Goo.

'I love the weather today.'

Tae-Goo didn't say anything but focused on fixing his glove. I cleared my throat, realizing he's really keen on ignoring me. I don't know why he's being like that for several days already.

'You look good sitting there noona!' Hyun-Ho commented as he run back to his place.

'Throw it Hyun-Ho!' Tae-Goo said not giving me a chance to answer Hyun-Ho. When he got the ball, he just said that he's already tired and left us. Hyun-Ho and I both look at Tae-Goo's. Hyun-Ho shrugged his shoulder removing the glove. 'I guess we're done.'

Hyun-Ho was sweating a lot so I decided to go the kitchen and took a tray with a pitcher of water and glasses. I was on my way back from the kitchen when I was about to cross path with Tae-Goo who is browsing in his cellphone. How I wish I was that cellphone so he would look at me.

'Do you want water?' Like Hyun-Ho he was also sweating earlier though he changed his shirt now. He just look at the tray in my hand and continued on his phone.

'Can I ask you something Hyun-Ho?' I poured water to his glass.

'What is it noona?' He was wiping his forehead with a towel.

'Did Tae-Goo oppa had a fight with his men lightly or with his father?'

He frowned before looking at me. 'No, he is actually in a good mood lately which is very seldom. You've seen him play a lot with us, right?'

Really? Cause it's just been lately that he's ignoring me. So is it just me that he's treating this way?

'I realized hyung is not really that bad. He probably behaved that way before because of stress in work. His work is really demanding and of course he misses imo a lot. I heard imo was a great mother and wife. It would have been great if I met her.'

Maybe I should start asking him what's wrong? How could I treat him if he'll continue to ignore me? My one month is almost up. I was about to ask another question when I saw Tae-Goo approaching us.

'Hyun-ho, can I borrow your phone charger? I don't want to go upstairs.'

'Ne hyung, wait here.' Hyun-ho quickly run inside the mansion.

Our gaze met when Hyun-Ho left. He went back to his phone while I pull Hyon-Ho's book.

'What's up with Hyun-Ho and you today? The other day it was hyung, now it's Hyun-Ho.' he said coldly without looking at me.

I was surprised and shook my head nervously. 'I was trying to help him with his paper..' I explained softly. I feel like he'll shout at me anytime with the way he was frowning, especially when he turned to me sharply.

'Are you trying to get his attention since hyung ignored  you?'

My eyes turned slit when I slowly realized what he's been talking about. He did start ignoring me when he saw me watching hyung. I bit my lip to stop  myself from smiling. I could also feel  my cheeks warming  up when I thought that he is actually jealous?? I don't want to assume but clearly with his behaviour on me it seems that that's the only thing my mind could come up.

'I have no one else to talk to when you'd been completely ignoring me.' I explained.

I heard his 'tss' as if he doesn't believe what I said. To make sure he understand my point I stood up in front of  him crossing my arms in my chest which he look away as soon as I did that.

'You promised to take me to the musems, you even said we'll eat out. What happened to that? I've been stuck here for several days without doing nothing.' 

I saw how his eyes turned to me but he didn't react at all with my outburst. I sighed defeated.

I looked away 'Aigoo, I should just get a tour guide!.' I said absently.

His eyebrows almost met when he looked at me.

'Kre! Make sure you're ready in 5 minutes.' he said irritated and turned inside the mansion.

I smiled realizing what he just said. I run after him giggling. 'Really oppa?' I grabbed his arm 'We're really going out this time?'

He look at my hands in his arm, still frowning. Aish, this grumpy man!

'Yes.' He pat my hands in his arm, giving me a tight-lipped smile before leaving me.

My eyes turned big seeing that smile again. I wanted to hug him but stopped myself. He might think I'm crazy if I do that.