Strategy

Crossover

'What's wrong with you?'

I silently watched So-Yeon as she move in the kitchen. My gut says its So-Yeon who told my mother about my relationship with Tae-Goo. I don't blame her and I'm not mad at her, I just didn't realize omma will react that way. I just feel frustrated how things are going. Its so ironic that everyone wants me to be in a relationship since I'm in that age, and now that I have one, they don't like it. I feel like being in high school again not allowed to go out and meet boys in school.

Tae-Goo was quick to sense that there was something wrong between me and omma, probably hyung told him. On my last conversation with Tae-Goo before he went to Madrid to visit his father, he promised to talk to my parents when he return but I don't like it. I don't think my parents are prepared for this, they were so mad at Tae-Goo and his father for what happened to me. Until now, the incident that almost took my life is still fresh in their mind. There really are some wounds that only time can heal, I don't even know if they would still heal.

Why is it that at this time when I'm old, I'm being disobedient to my parents.

'Ya!' So-Yeon pulled the chair and sat down with worried look 'Are you two going to break up?' 

I shook my head and drank my coffee. That didn't even cross my mind.

'Aigoo, I can't even believe that you two are back together again. Last time you were just cursing him and now you two are all mushy-mushy -

I scowled at her and spinkled her with water from my glass.

'What? I heard you two the other day, kissing and  -

'Kre, stop with it.' I told her lazily.

'I'm really worried Mi-Na, I'm worried about you. Knowing what happened last week in our apartment really scared me, and now that I've learned these people are really after you..I don't know Mi-Na. Aren't you even scared?'

I shook my head. 'Tae-Goo and his men are nice So-Yeon, it was just the group who are after them, that's why its like this.'

'Yes but if you keep on seeing Tae-Goo you are putting yourself into danger. You are already in danger Mi-Na.'

I purse my lips, thinking of a good answer for So-Yeon.

'I don't know So-Yeon, I don't think I can leave Tae-Goo this time.'

'Wae??'

'Of course I like him and I think its getting deeper. If you only know Tae-Goo before, you will appreciate how he is now.'

So-Yeon scoffed at me in disbelief. 'Is that why you just give in to him? It hasn't been a long time since you two see each other. You're crazy doing this and putting your life in danger just because of him!'

I couldn't look at So-Yeon, I feel so small infront of her. Like I did a crime being in a relationship with Tae-Goo, as if he's all that bad for me. I don't even know how to explain what I'm feeling for Tae-Goo. How do you explain to someone your feelings? Words are not enough to explain the overwhelming emotions.

'I'm sure you haven't thought about the safety of your parents right? Did you even realize that if they don't get you, they'll get your parents?'

'Hyung is with them, they're safe.'

'It's not like oppa see them 24 hours every day. And you're even willing to disobey your parents because of him?'

I shut my eyes, wanting to remove all the uncertainties running in my thoughts. 'I don't know So-Yeon..'

'Miyanhe Mi-Na..' I look at her tapping my hand in the table. 'It's hard right? I'm just really worried about you. I thought you'll get to have a great relationship now that you are of age.'

'It's great with Tae oppa, it's just the danger.'

'Aigoo..you really like him huh?'

Come Sunday and I was not in the mood to go to our house for the family dinner but omma called me to make sure I come, actually she commanded me. She's starting to go back to her old self again. I was lazily taking my step walking to our street when I saw Tae-Goo's car park infront of our house. My heart started to pound heavily and I walk quickly.

Is he really talking to my parents?

I noticed several men in black suits around our house as soon as I entered the gate. Are they Tae-Goo's men?

'..why are they still after you if the case was already dismissed?'

My heart felt like it was being crushed seeing Tae-Goo being questioned by my parents like that. He was sitting in the couch with his back straight and hands on his knees, his head down as if he's ashamed to even look at my parents. My eyes narrowed seeing my parents smirking at Tae-Goo.

'Omma..Appa..' I called them as I approach the living room where they are seated. I sat queitly beside Tae-Goo who didn't even look at me. 'Anyeong oppa.' I whispered to him to which he nodded, again not looking at me.

'Miyanhe, miyanhe..' he said softly and keeps on bowing 'Miyanhe for dragging Mi-Na into this mess and your family to this mess. I know its hard for you to trust me with Mi-Na but me and my men are always with her and some here to guard the area.'

'Ani. I don't think we don't need those. Remove your men, the best thing you can do is to leave Mi-Na alone. She already has a lot of responsibilities in the hospital and in this family, she doesn't need to be burden with this kind of thing!' Omma burst out.

I look down and saw tae-Goo clinched his fist in his knees.

'Go, do your own thing, whatever your business is. I am sure this will not just stop here. Your father is known for his illegal business, many groups are after your family. Mi-Na will never be safe with you.' Omma said in desperation.

'Miyanhe for being like this and having a father like that, but that was before jangmonim, jangin eoreun. Our group has its own business now and is legal.'

I took a deep breath and look at my parents. 'Appa, omma, Tae oppa has already suffered enough on that law suit and now it was dismissed. Please give him a chance, I hope you'll see how he is trying his best to keep me and everyone of us safe.'

'Are you asking me to trust him with your life again after what happened to you? What did this man do to you to just forget about everything?'

I look down seeing omma's getting hysterical.

'Should I be thankful that his men is looking at our security? Break up with him Mi-Na! This is not the right time for you to be in a relationship with him. And I don't think that would even come.' omma immediately stood up, appa followed and Tae-Goo stood up as wellfollowed us well murmuring how sorry he is.

'Stop it oppa!' I was starting to be pissed off with his apologies. He doesn't need to apologize, it was not his fault that we are in this situation. We could hear my parents arguing in the kitchen. I just got here but I feel tired already. He sat down again and felt his hand rubbing my back. I swallowed hard, pitying him for hearing the harsh words my parents have probably told him.

'Kwenchana Mi-Na, kwenchana..' he said softly.

I looked at him with a sad eyes and notice the black circles around his eyes. Did he went here straight from the airport? He should have went home first and rest.

'I'm fine oppa. I thought you won't be back until next week?'

'I couldn't do a thing there worrying about you and your parents here.'

I shook my head, not wanting him to stop his work just because of me.

'I'll make sure to earn your parent's trust Mi-Na. I'll work hard, cheer for me please huh?' he tickled my chin smiling at me as if my parents didn't said anything bad at him.

'Miyanhe oppa.' I lean on him, putting my arms around him. 'I don't know if I can cheer you when I'm like this.'

'Arasso. Let me do it for you then. Fighting Mi-Na!' he said in a light tone as if our situation is nothing to worry about. I felt his hand carresing my hair.

Aigoo, really this man has changed. I hope everything we're going through is really worth it.

'Oppa' I pulled away from him and held his hand. I gave him my big smile eventhough I'm feeling down, I don't want to give up on this easily. 'Leave my parents to me, okay? Don't worry about them anymore, just do your job in keeping all of us, including you safe ah?'

'I want to help you Mi-Na, this is important to me. I want to be here for you and your family. They are right, everything was my fault.'

'Ani, it wasn't your fault oppa, you don't want this to happen.' I pushed his hair on the side of his face, feeling tired of everything.

The family dinner pushed through with Tae-Goo and it was very awkward. I told myself again that I shouldn't have come, it was only pleasant because Tae-Goo was there.

I was walking in the hallway going to my clinic when I saw some of my security talking with the hospital's security chief. They were looking at a document in the chief's hand talking intently.

'Anyeong haseyo.' I greeted them and was surprised that the glass wall was broken. 'What happened here?' My gut tells me that something happened.

'Everything is good now Dr Yoo, we've taken care of it.'

'Yea, but I still want to know what happened here.' I went inside my clinic, looking around and saw a janitor sweeping the broken glass. My books are well kept so I guess it was not moved. My furnitures are okay.

'Some guy wearing a doctor's gown entered your clinic earlier. We heard the commotion and we know you weren't inside yet since it's early when we ask who he is jump through the glass wall.'

'What did he do here?' I was looking at every corner of my clinic trying to look for anything that has been moved.

'We saw an empty sachet of a powder beside your coffeemaker. We suspent that the powder was mixed in your sugar since your sugar bowl are open and also the creamer. Just to be safe we removed everything in that table.' The security man explained pointing at the small table in the corner. 'Boss is already informed Dr Yoo.'

I shook my head. She doesn't want Tae-Goo to know about this anymore. I understand his men need to report to him but it was settled already. He will just worry about it.

After my clinic hours, I bought dinner for me and Tae-Goo and went to his office.

I opened the door slowly wanting to surpise him. I saw looking down at his documents with a pen in his hand playing in his neck. 'Oppa' I called him softly.

'Oh!' smile slowly creap on his mouth upon seeing me dangling the dinner I brought for us.

My hear hurt seeing how he tried to smile but it didn't reach his eyes. Tae-Goo was very transparent, it was easy for me to know if something is bothering him. Did he worry a lot about what happened in the hospital? I noticed they tightened the security in the clinic. It was sort of embarassing that my patients had to go through a lot of security check before they can get in that's why I keep on apologizing as soon as they are seated.

'Did my men brought you here?' he gently ask as he lean on his chair.

'Ne. I told them to go home already since I'm going home with you. Come here oppa, let's eat.' I told him as I prepare our food in the receiving area in his office.

He asked about the incident in the clinic since we just talked about it over the phone earlier.

I can't help but worry that he is not eating a lot eventhough I brought his favorite fried chicken. 'Are you not feeling well oppa?' I asked while I wipe his hand with a tissue.

He sighed. 'I'm okay, just a lot of things going through my mind.'

'If you're thinking about what happened earlier, just don't. I'm good and safe now.'

'I was thinking Mi-Na about what your mother said..' he massaged his forehead.

Is he thinking of breaking up with me? Since I won't break up with him he'll do it?! I know we should be alarmed with what happened earlier, his enemies are desperate that they will try everything but his men are good as well. The worst is we can't report this to police since it's an illegal group war, both parties will be subjected to violations. Tae-Goo will do everything as in everything to make sure nothing happens to me. He finally thought that I'm really not safe being with him.

'I'm really worried that something will happen to your family. I know hyung is there and my men, but these are not guarantee Mi-Na. My enemies will only stop at you if they no longer see me with you. I feel like your safer if we watch you afar. If they know that you're no longer important to me, they can no longer use you against me.'

'I pretend I didn't hear this oppa.' I took my bag not liking where the discussion is leading. I don't understand him. 'You're just tired, go home and rest and will talk again.'

'Look at you, your not even talking with your parents just because of our situation. How would I gain your parents trust if I am the one causing your rift?'

I didn't answer and I look away from him, realizing that everything he said was true.

'Can't we be together without talking about my issue with my parents? That's my problem oppa, not yours and so I'll deal with it.' I snapped on him. He didn't say anything and instead look away, obviously avoiding looking at me.

'Look, every relationship has a problem and this is ours. You just promised that you'll do everything to make sure I'm safe.' I said coldly.

'This is the best thing I can think about.'

'Is this your best? That we broke up?' I didn't noticed I was already crying until I feel the coldness in my check.

'Let's talk without fighting please. Trust me Mi-Na.' Tae-Goo softly wipe my tears with his thumb. '.. when everything is safe I'll go back to you.'

'You're the one fighting with me!' Raising my voice at him. 'I don't see the logic in this. We get back together and now we're breaking up. Are you playing with me? After you chase me, insisting that we broke up now you're saying that we broke up. What kind of craziness is this?' I stood up and was about to go when Tae-Goo held my hand. My eyes drifted on his hand holding mine. How could I let go of him?

'I just want to focus on this Mi-Na, I want to completely solve this matter so we can be really free.'

'I'm not breaking up with you oppa!' I don't know what he did to me to make me cling to him like this.