Safe

Crossover

I was stretching in my bed and was about to get up when I heard the shuffling sound in the kitchen. It can't be So-Yeon since it's her day off today and she wakes up late on her day off. As soon as I stepped out my room, I heard the voice that made me jump off the floor.

'Hurry up, you'll be late.'

'Yah! What..' I shook my head confused on seeing him at this early hour. ''How did you get in? My hand immediately flew to my hair, worried about my morning look, I didn't even bothered to brush my teeth since I was worried of the sound coming from the kitchen only to realize it was him. He is dressed in his gray cotton shirt and usual black pants. Leaning towards the stove, I realized he was cooking bacon when the smell hit me.

'Set the table will you?' 

I scoffed at his confidence telling me what to do as if I see him everyday in our apartment. I am beyond horrified seeing him again. So-Yeon has not even rested the topic when she saw his men and him in our apartment last week and here he is again. He has caused me so much trouble explaining things to So-Yeon.

'Nice legs Mi-Na.'

I furrow my brows when I noticed he was eyeing me. I look at myself and realize I was only wearing a huge white shirt that reached my thigh and was without a bra underneath.  I quickly crossed my arms over my chest and run back to my room in embarassment. Aish, that man with raging hormones! After fixing myself for a few minutes I went back to the kitchen with the table already set. Tae-Goo was already sitting and ended the call when he saw me walking towards the table. I frowned when I saw my plate on his side.

'Sit here.' he patted the chair beside him.

I shook my head and was about to pull the plate when he held my wrist.

'Ya!' I wriggled my wrist from his hold, unable to process some words further for he gaze up at me with his tight-lipped smile and warm eyes. I could hear the sound of siren in my head warning me from falling in that smile and gaze. I swallowed the lump in my throat, gathering all my courage not to be outwitted by this cunning man. 'Tae-Goo-ssi you probably have forgotten -

'Kre!' He immediately let go of my wrist but pinned me with his eyes. 'I hope you'll be comfortable with me staring at you if you sit there.' He leaned back and shrug.

I fisted my palm before my annoyance at him hits me. With heavy footsteps, I walked to his side and drag the chair, sitting with a loud thud in frustration.

'Good girl' he patted my head but I shooed his hand away, my eyes narrowing at him. He did stop and started putting food in my plate. I gave a deep sigh not realizing it made a sound.

'I'm trying to be nice here Mi-Na, the least you could do is hear me out cause what I am saying is for your safety.'

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. Is he scolding me now? I hit his hand to stop him from putting foods and turn to me. I tried my best not to be affected by his arm resting casually at the back of my chair as I eat. I can feel his piercing gaze in the side of my face while he drunk his coffee.

'Eat.' I told him pointing his empty plate with my fork.

'Are you scared of me?' his voice is hushed while his hand plays with the tips of my hair at my back.

I was, the first time I saw him, when I don't know him really well. Eventually I realized, he can be scary but he would never physically hurt someone intentionally. I remained mum, scared that if I talk he'll see through me.

'Miyanhe. I know I said it the other day but I'll say it again. You almost lost your life for me.' His hand stirred at my back, and his expression starts to get soft as he look down into his plate. I once again felt that familiar tug in my heart. His hand softly rubbing my arm weakens me. I closed my eyes tightly and took a deep breath. Ani..Ani..I chanted in my mind. Stay strong Mi-Na, don't fall for it, it will be harder this time.

I realized why it is easier for us to live in fantasy, because you'll know from the very start it is something that will not last. It is easier to make decisions when you know what waits for you in the end. On the other hand reality is tough, it will hit you hard, you can't escape it, it's always a yes or no, you have to live with the incomplete and imperfect world and people.

'Stop fighting me now huh? Just do as I say.'

I placed down my spoon and fork and drunk the water in the glass infront of me. I stood up ignoring everything he said. 'I'm done, I need to prepare for work. You haven't touch your food.' I reminded him. Before I can even took a step, he was quick to wrap his arm around my waist, making me immobile.

'Ya!' I hit his shoulder but he pulled me down to his lap sending goosebumps all over my body.

'Are you trying to ignore me now?' His warm breath fans my face while his hand softly pinches my side.

'I told you, I need to prepare for work.' I pushed his shoulder but he tightened his hold on more. I also pulled away realizing our face was so close to each other and my eyes can't help but look into his lips. Aigoo, such a temptation.

'I'm not letting you go unless you made up your mind.'

I shook my mind, this man is really persistent. 'What is it that you want?'

'You know what I want.' He wriggled his brows at me.

'Ya! That's not what I mean. I already agreed with you having your men guard us.' I tried to peel his arms away from my waist. ''Let go, So-Yeon might come out of her room and I don't have a lot of time to explain everything to her.'

'Stop wriggling or else you might wake up someone as well and that's scarier than So-Yeon.'

'Oh my gosh!' As soon as I realized what he meant by that, I hit him continually which makes him laugh more and that's pissed me off. 'You..you..' he catch my hand and pulled me towards him and the next thing I knew his soft lips is already on mine. I placed my hand on his chest to stop him from going further but it was too weak to stop him. He pulled and looked into my eyes, I could see my reflection in his eyes and I was ashamed to see how bright my eyes are staring back at him.

'You don't have to take the bullet for me again Mi-Na. I swear, they won't be near you anymore.' I bit my lower lips when I saw his red and wet lips move as he talks. 'I don't want to go through that pain of the possibility of losing you. I thought I'll go crazy when I saw you going back in the hospital the other day. The triad group was planning to kidnap you that day, I was left with no choice but to show myself to you. You know I was contented to watch you from afar for a long time. But I'm glad I approached you, otherwise we won't be like this here, today.'

Fear crawled through me upon hearing that I was in danger the other day and I immediately thought about my parents.

'My feelings for you has not changed and I'm sure you know now why I'm here, it's not only to protect you. You're the only reason I live Mi-Na. I'll continue living if I have you and I hope all that happened with us in Madrid was true for you.'

Looking back, though everything started with an ulterior motive, I know my feeling for him was pure and it isn't gone. I like how he is thoughful though he seems he doesn't care. The logical thinking was to keep away from him but I think my feelings for him has blinded me and that's why I am drawn to him. And now that he's here again my feelings is getting more deeper and this is more scary. Seoul is our reality, everything should have been fine if all ends in Madrid and he didn't follow me here.

'You don't need to say it Mi-Na, your heart says it all for you.' he said softly.

I looked at him wanting to deny what he said, but my mind couldn't form a word. I felt his hand above my chest where my heart is beating. Heat flushed through me realizing that with just a little move his hand can touch -

'Ya!' I panic and threw daggers at him when he moved his hand, his wrist slighlt brushing the side of my . I held his wrist planning to move it away but he crouched to seal my lips again. I blinked once to bring back my sanity but when I felt his tongue dart inside my mouth I lost all my control and moan making him push me more toward him. My arms instinctively went around his neck, raking his hair. He angled his head for a better access and claimed the corners of my mouth. Coffee flavor spread within me. I felt him my lips, domineering my lower lip. His kisses are making me dizzy, slowly destroying the walls I built around myself. I pulled away to grasp some air but his mouth immediately covered mine.

I heard him curse in between our kisses. He turned my body to him, making me straddled him without breaking our lips apart. Oh my gosh, I should have not wondered how he did it. He's really an expert on this, making me furios at him. I felt his arm s around my waist, while his other hand traveled from my legs until to my thighs adding fuel to the heat between us. This is crazy. His hand on my back found its way in my nape softly tugging my hair. I arched my back and felt his lips on my neck. I opened my eyes wanting to see a glimpse of him as I breath heavily. His jaw was clenched and his neck reddened.

My eyes turned big when I felt something poke in my stomach. I wanted this as bad as him but we can't, it's just too early for this we just got back together, well unofficially and besides So-Yeon is sleeping in her room. At the thought of So-Yeon, I pinched his side stopping him further but he just won't budge.

'Oppa, So-Yeon might -

'Let's go to your room..' he mumbled his face burried on my neck.

'I still need to go to work.' I whispered and laugh when I heard him curse.

'You'll be the death of me Mi-na. You have to make up for this.' He complained while his hands made its way inside my shirt. 'Can't you call in sick today?' He begged. I shook my head as I eye his wet and sore lips for all that kissing. Mine probably look that way as well, aish, this is so embarassing. I wriggled from him worried about So-Yeon.

'Can you move me to my chair? My legs are weak.'

The corner of his lips lift and his eyes narrowed at me as he come closer.

'Ya!' I placed my forefinger in his forehead to stop him from moving to me, but I can't stop laughing. If he's going to kiss me again I'm not sure if we can stop this time. It feels so good to be able to laugh with him again. I can't help but watch him intently. I can't help but smile as I noticed his head slightly shaking which is a sign that he is embarassed but giddy. He stopped just a few inches before our lips touch and watch me carefully. We probably look like a fool watching each other while smiling. I traced the furrow in between his brows down to his nose, I can't help but bit my lower lip when my eyes went to his lips.

'Saranghae Mi-Na' He murmurs. My cheeks burns hearing that again. I never thought I'll hear it again from him. He close his eyes, taking a deep breath and pulled me to him with his arms wrapped around me. I giggled kissing his throat. 'Please don't give up on me easily.'

'Mmm..' I hummed nodding and felt his kiss in the side of my head.

'What time are you leaving?' he asks as he stood up without putting me down. I almost squel in my surprised. I held on at the back of his neck tightly afraid I might fall. I felt his hands squeezing my .

'Mo Tae Goo!' I hissed at him.

'Aren't you going to change your mind?' He tease as he walks us towards my room.

'Miyanhe, I have patients today.' I murmured against his slightly parted lips, he heave a sigh. Seeing how disappointed he is I peck his lips, getting a warm smile from him in return. Aigoo, Tae-Goo is really easy to please.

'Kre, I'll bring you to the hospital. Kwok-Han's team are there, you won't notice them so just be yourself and don't worry huh?'

I find myself smiling while nodding at him. I can't describe how I am over the moon right now. To have someone care for you so much when you cared for your life and family all by yourself for a long time is really indescribable. Knowing our life is in danger gives me more reason to value people around me. There's no time to waste knowing your life can end anytime.

'You still haven't told me how you got in.' I reminded him as I raked his hair with my fingers.

'I have my ways Mi-Na...'

I shouldn't have ask right? He and his men knows everything illegal.

'And do you swear that you don't have other girlfriend?'

'What?' He laugh so hard that his shoulders was shaking, I was worried that I'll fall. 'I only have one girlfriend and I warn you she's often jealous.'

'Ya! I'm not.'

'Oh are you my girlfriend then?'

I pouted, mad for not answering my question.

'Aigoo, my jagi..' I pulled away from his as he try to rain kisses on my face.

I was over the cloud the past weeks, I don't see Tae-Goo everyday but he makes sure to call me often each day to check on me. They say love is sweeter the second time around and I will agree. It is more intense, probably because now you realized how it was without the person you value and having the another chance to be with that person, you don't want to blow it again.

It was so liberating to be in a relationship without hiding anything from him. I always look forward to the end of the day where we usually stroll after dining together. Holding each other's hand while we talk and laugh at anything under the sun. The danger had been always looming in my head especially when I see Tae-Goo in his phone instructing his men. It was a constant reminder for me that every minute with Tae-Goo counts.

We were sitting in a bench and I was laughing at one of jokes when Tae-Goo heard my phone ringing and pointed it to me.

'It's omma.' I told him upon seeing the name on my phone's screen. 'Oh Omma' I answered her call.

'Is it true that you're dating Moo Tae-Goo?'

I couldn't answer because I was surprised with her question. She would often ask first about how my day was and I thought she was calling to remind about the family dinner.

'Nevermind, your silence says it all. Break up with him Mi-Na. Don't make us deal with him.'