CHAPTER 2

Way Back To You

 

CHAPTER 2

 

 

Wendy’s POV

 

It made me feel better that I finally said out loud all the things that are eating me for a while now. I couldn’t tell the members because telling them would only burden them and though Irene and I promise to tell anything and not keep a secret from each other, I couldn’t tell her, who am I to complain right?

 

I’ve lost track of time, was it two hours since the rain had started? Three? Or maybe four, I don’t know. I wasn’t really thinking, not really caring at all, just letting the night, the cold, run over my body, letting the rain clear the confusion from my mind.

 

I told my mother that, I’ve just started having all these feelings but maybe I was lying, maybe it was all there from the start and I just kept it all inside. Irene is the ideal woman and not just for her unrivaled beauty but for her pure, strong and yet innocent heart, who would in their right mind will ask for more when that woman is already grazing you with her warmth, probably the reason why I kept everything inside.

 

But I guess, it had all become too much to keep and started spilling all over and ended up drowning me. It is drowning me and yet I couldn’t tell her to help me. I couldn’t tell the woman I love to save me.

 

“Babe, I have something to tell you.” Wendy said cheery

“Can you tell me tomorrow? The shoot tires me out today” Irene said as she lie besides Wendy and rest her head on her chest “I’ll promise to listen to it tomorrow.” She said but never did.

 

“Don’t be late for dinner.”

“Dinner? Ah right, God I forgot.” Irene said

Wendy chuckles “It’s alright. What time are you coming home? It’s been so long since we’ve had a babe time”

“Babe I’m sorry, can we schedule it? I made a dinner plan with Jennie tonight; they’re having a comeback so we won’t be able to see each other for a while, please?”

They always saw each other, living in one roof but they never really had the time to each other. She barely remember the last time two of them went out for dinner, just the two of them but the only thing she says is “Okay.”

“Thank you, you’re the best!” Irene said as she kissed Wendy’s cheek “I promise, I’ll make it up to you.” She said but never did.

 

“Babe, are you sleeping already?” Wendy asked “I thought we’re having a 5 minute talk for today. I’m kind of looking forward to it”

 “I know.” Irene said with her eyes close “But I have to be ready at 8 tomorrow. Can we do it tomorrow night?”

Wendy herself has to be ready at 6 but she always looks forward to have this kind of talk where they just talk about what happen to each other’s day and also because she’s able to listen and hear Irene’s voice for 5 minutes without anyone disturbing them “Sure…”

“I’ll be sure to tell you so much tomorrow.” She said but never did.

 

“And when did you start learning how to bake?” Wendy asked in disbelief seeing Irene organizing the macaroon that she just did

Irene smile proudly “Told you I’ve been watching how to do it on you tube.”

“I know.” Wendy said “But I wasn’t sure, you’re going to do is sooner, you should’ve told me. I could’ve helped you.”

“No, it’s fine.” Irene said “I boasted to Taeyeon unnie that I’ll make her some and I don’t want her to tell me that you’re the one who did it when it tastes good.”

Wendy chuckles and was about to grab one when Irene stops her “I’ve only made enough for Taeyon-unnie.”

“Even just one?”

“Not even a bite.”

Wendy sighed, she’s not jealous of Taeyeon, it’s just that Irene had never baked or made something for her. She could’ve made her something that taste like a rock and Wendy would still eat it.

“I’ll make you something better” She said but never did

 

 

To other’s it might sound and look petty but it isn’t, at least to me. I don’t need those extravagant surprises, gifts, long captions on instagram. What I need is time, attention, effort, appreciation. Just those things, A simple, ‘Did you eat yet?’ will make feel so much better than a 1000$ watch.

 

Now that I think about it, I was the one who always asked first;

‘Did you eat yet?

‘Did you arrive safely?

‘How do you feel?

‘It’s already late, are you on your way home?

‘How was the shoot?

‘Is everything alright?’

 

‘Was it because I always beat her to do it first?

 

Just like today, she has a schedule on Paris, there’s already a photo of her that she already arrive and I didn’t even get a single word from her.

I didn’t send her a message because I know she’s tired and she needs to focus and I don’t want to bother her, I know she’s tired from the long flight and she’s probably dead nervous because she’s alone there but is it too much to ask for girlfriend to get a single hi from her?

 

All these things got me thinking, Should I hadn’t started the conversation, would we have one?

If I had not said good morning first would she greet me in the morning?

If I had not said goodnight, would she just fall asleep not say it?

 

If I had not say I love you, would she even say it?

 

I am so tired watching her being there for everyone else but me.

 

 

https://twitter.com/MarchSerenity09