CHAPTER 1

Way Back To You

 

CHAPTER 1

 

“Hi Mom…” Wendy said cheerfully as soon as her mother answered on the other line

“Wendy-ah…” Her mother called her name in delight “I miss you.”

Wendy smiles at the sound of her mother’s voice “I miss you to Mom…”

“Is everything alright?”

“Yeah, yeah.” Wendy nodded “Everything’s fine. I just called because I miss you.”

“As much as I’d love to believe that you called me this time because you miss me, I am your mother.” She said, making Wendy stiff “We haven’t been spending time with each other for a long time now but I know the difference on your voice, I could notice the trembling. You could fool everyone but not me.”

 

There was a silence on Wendy.

 

“Tell me, what is it?” Her mother now full of concern “What happen?”

“Omma…” Wendy mumbles “I…”

“You can always tell me anything.”

“I’m tired.” She said followed by a sob “I am so tired…”

“Tired of what?” Her mother asked, if its work related she would know already or Wendy would have said it directly but she didn’t. It could mean a lot of things but there’s only one reason why there’s pain on her daughters voice.

 

“I love her…” Wendy said in tears “But I’m tired.”

“Why? What happen? Tell me.”

“That’s the thing; I don’t know what’s happening anymore.” Wendy answered “We have been together for almost two years now and I understand that work will take up all of our time and everything but I can’t shake this feeling, I don’t know why I started having this feeling to want more from her. Her attention, time, effort, smile, even her voice.”

“And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that honey.” Her mother said

“I get to wake up with the best woman of this generation on my side, I get to hold her, and I get to feel her warm, the ray of sunshine directing to me when she smiles. I am the luckiest person to be alive already yet I am still having this selfish feeling to want more. I have Bae Joohyun on my arms and yet…”  She paused momentarily “Is it selfish to want something from her more?”

“No, honey. You are never selfish.” Her mother told her “It is never selfish to want what you deserve especially from someone precious to you.”

“Until no it makes me wonder why out of everyone she chose me.” Wendy laughs dryly “I don’t even deserve her in the first place and now I’m complaining to my mother.”

“Who told you that you don’t deserve her? Who says that? I don’t care if everyone thinks she’s the best woman of this generation because to me she’s not. To me, that woman is you and Irene is too lucky to have my daughter fall in love with her” She said making Wendy smile and have tears on her eyes.

“You’re not selfish Wendy and you will never be, so if you feel like what she’s giving you aren’t enough then it really is isn’t enough. I don’t care if she’s Irene but if she can’t give what you deserve then find someone else who will because that is what you deserve and not just some woman with a pretty face”

 

 

 

https://twitter.com/MarchSerenity09