CHAPTER 8

Way Back To You

CHAPTER 8

 

Seulgi pulled a chair and sit beside Yeri who’s unbelievably quiet. She seated in front of Joy but she didn’t look at her. She couldn’t shake the look of Joy’s face earlier on her mind and it pains her that she was the reason.

 

“I’m so—“ She couldn’t finish what she’s going to say when Joy’s phone rang. Joy excuse herself and answered the phone.

 

Seulgi made a deep sighed.

 

“What is it?” Irene who notices the awkwardness since Joy got home. “And don’t tell me that it’s nothing.”

 

Yeri gaze at Irene and pursed her lips.

 

“What?”

 

“It’s nothing.” Yeri answered then looked down.

“Kim Yerim.” Irene said firmly

 

Yeri knew that Irene would catch that something is going on, she’s not really good at not making it obvious but what can she do? Everything is just too much for her.

 

How are they supposed to act knowing that any second now Joy will break the news as well as Irene’s heart?

 

“Kim Yerim…” Irene repeats but Yeri isn’t looking up, then she looked at Seulgi who have the same expression as Yeri.

“What is—“ She got interrupted when Joy came back.

“Sorry, that was Wendy unnie.”  Joy said as she sits down “She said she’ll be late tonight since they still have to finish and so… anyway, she already know what’s I’m going to say so it’s fine.”

 

Seulgi and Yeri’s body stiffened at the last sentence which didn’t go unnoticed by Irene. Clearly something is going on and she made a mental note that she’ll be sure to ask them later.

 

 

“First of all, I wanted to say sorry to every one of you.” Joy starts “I’m sorry for ending up with this decision, but I hope you all know that I did considered each and one of you in making this. I know how much it’s going to affect out group but this is something that makes me happy. So I hope you all understand,”

 

Both Yeri and Seulgi shut their eyes, preparing themselves from the bomb that Joy is going to drop.

 

 

“Yeri-ah, Seulgi unnie… Irene unnie.”

 

Seulgi and Yeri held their breath.

 

 

“I a—“

“Wait!” Yeri spoke as she stood up from her seat “I can’t do this.”

 

Irene looked at her confusedly as Joy frowned “Can’t do what?”

 

“Me too…” Seulgi said “I can’t be here.”

 

“What is wrong with you two?” Irene asked gazing at the two “You’ve been acting weird since earlier.”

“More than weird to be honest.” Joy added staring at Seulgi who avoided her gaze

“I’m just not ready for whatever it is that you’re going to say.” Yeri said “I’m sorry Joy unnie…” as she left from her seat

“Yah Kim Yerim! I only accepted a lead role from a drama okay, Why are you two acting like I’m le—“

 

“You what?!”  Yeri and Seulgi blurted

 

“I received a lead role offer and I accepted it.” Joy answered

“You mean, you’re not going to—“ Yeri then looked at Irene

“Going to what?” Joy asked

“Nothing…” She answered

 

Joy and Irene looked at her suspiciously.

 

“Congratulations!” Yeri then smiled at Joy “That’s amazing, right Seulgi-unnie?”

“Y-yeah… Congratulations Joy.” Seulgi said, that earned a looked from Joy

 

 

“Joy…” Seulgi called before Joy entered her and Yeri’s room “I’m sorry about earlier.”

“You’re weirder than the usual… is everything okay?” Joy asked concern

“Yeah, yeah… Just tired from the schedule, I guess.” Seulgi said, which Joy obviously didn’t believe but didn’t argue.

“Anyway, congratulations, you deserve it,” Seulgi smile “I know you’re going to do well.”

“Thanks…” Joy returning the smile

“Goodnight.”

Joy nodded “Goodnight.” And turned the knob of the door but stopped before she could fully open it Seulgi calls her again.

 

“Joy…”

 

Joy looks at her.

 

“I just want you to know that, whatever it is that’s going to make you happy, do it, no matter what anyone says. Happiness don’t come easily so when the time comes that it presents itself in front of you, you take it.”

 

 

 

 

“Thank you for today oppa.” Joy said to the manager, and then went inside the dorm.

 

“Wendy-unnie?” Joy asked when she saw Wendy, reading on the sofa

“Oh, you’re here.” Wendy sits up “How was the taping?”

“Good but tiring.” Joy answered as she sits beside Wendy “Why are you still awake?”

“I couldn’t sleep so I decided to just read.”

“Why not in your bed?” Joy asked “Are you just making that excuse so you could see me before you sleep?”

 

Wendy chuckles at Joy’s remarks.

 

“You’ve been so clingy since that night.”

“I’m the clingy type, I thought you already knew that” Wendy said “And besides don’t you like it when someone’s here to greet you home after long day at work.”

 

Joy couldn’t help but to smile “I like it.”

“I know you would.” Wendy smiling proudly

“But you wouldn’t want that.”

“Why?”

“Because I like it too much that I might ask you to wait for me tomorrow too.”

 

Wendy smiles “Then it’s a good thing that I still have a shelf of book to read.”