CHAPTER 9

Way Back To You

CHAPTER 9

 

 

“Joy unnie, I’ll go out, tell the unnie’s that I won’t stay late outside” Yeri said when she saw Joy at the kitchen

“Are you going on a date?” Joy asked suspiciously

“How I wish.” Yeri said “I’ll go to the bookstore.”

“You’re going to buy a book?”

 

Yeri nodded.

 

“I’ll go with you.”

 

 

“I’m done.” Yeri said showing her new bought book to Joy “Did you find something?”

 

Joy shook her head “There’s so many book here, I don’t know what to pick.”

“Do you have any genre in mind? Maybe I can help you. What are you looking for?”

“Something interesting.” Joy answered looking at the books in front of her

 

Yeri starts flipping the book in front “Since when did you get interested in reading book anyway?”

“It’s not for me.” Joy answered “It’s for Wendy unnie.”

 

Yeri’s body tense at the mention of Wendy’s name, she cannot control her expression so she pretended to looked around not meeting Joy’s gaze

 

“She likes to read a book these days so I’m buying her one.” Joy said, fortunately not noticing the change of expression in Yeri’s face. “I’ll buy this one.” She said then left the worried Yeri

 

 

 

 

“Wendy unnie?” Yeri called when she saw Wendy on the living room

“Oh, you’re still awake?”

“What are you doing?” She asked coming towards Wendy

“I’m reading.” She likes to read a book these days so I’m buying her one.

“What about you?”

“I’m thirsty.” She answered “Don’t you have early schedule tomorrow?”

“I do but Joy told me she’d give me something so I’m waiting for her and besides I can’t sleep.”

“Unnie… can I ask you something?” Yeri asked with a serious expression.

“You can always ask me anything. Are you okay?” She asked worriedly seeing the look oon Yeri’s face.

“Are you…” she’s contemplating whether to ask what’s been bothering her these past weeks.

“Go ahead.” Wendy said seeing the hesitation on Yueri

 

Yeris stared at her for a good three seconds.

 

“You’re making me worried, what is it?”

“Nothing.” She shook her head. She’s ready to ask the question but she’s not ready for the answer.  She’s worried about what could happen next if Wendy confirmed what’s running on her mind.

 

“That’s not a look of nothing.” Wendy said her voice still filled with worry “What is it?”

 

Yeri took a deep breath “I just want to ask if you’re okay.” But just because she lied this time doesn’t mean she didn’t mean to ask her because does for a long time now. She just couldn’t find the perfect time to ask.

 

Wendy’s feature turns soft “I’m sorry that you had to hear what happen that night.”

“I’m sorry that it happened.” Yeri said her voice and look wrapped around in sadness. She heard clearly and understands Wendy but she couldn’t help it. They love each other and that still happen.

 

“Me too.” Wendy smiled faintly then ruffles Yeri’s hair softly “I’m better now. So please stop worrying about me and it’s all thanks to everyone who cares about me, you, Seulgi—“

“And Joy unnie?”

Wendy’s smile widens “And Joy. She’s a really big support”

 

“I see…” Yeru uttered “And your heart?”

 

“If you had ask me that months ago I would straight up tell you and lie that it’s okay.” Then sincerely smile at Yeri “But at this moment I can say the truth, it’s healing. It’s like everyday I get back a piece of my heart and I’m sure before I realize it, it will be whole again.”

 

“And when it does, I want you to follow what it wants and do what makes your heart happy without feeling guilty.” Yeri said smiling softly at Wendy “You deserve all the happiness in the world whatever it may be” then lean to hug Wendy and whispered “or whoever it might be.”

 

“Can this pretty unnie get a hug too?” Joy spoke behind. Both Wendy and Yeri were so immersed on their talk that they didn’t notice Joy.

 

Yeri pulled back “I don’t see any pretty unnie besides Wendy unnie here.”

“Yah, you can’t do favoritism at that age Yerimie, that’s not good.” Joy said as she went towards Yeri and pulled her into a hug.

“Yah unnie!” Yeri said as she tried to pull away

“This pretty unnie is giving you a power hug, be honored.” Joy said as pulled back as Wendy laughs and Yeri with a disgust expression.

 

 

 

 

“Hey, you’re early.” Seulgi greeted when she saw Joy walked on the living room

“Yeah, we finish early today.” Joy said as she gaze at Yeri and Seulgi

“If you’re looking for Wendy unnie she’s at the kitchen.”

“Kitchen?” Joy uttered as she rushed to the kitchen and saw Wendy pulling cookies from the oven.

 

“You haven’t told them, didn’t you?” Joy asked in a low voice “Your flight’s about 3 hours from now and you’re baking cookies.”

Seulgi and Yerimie said they wanted to eat cookies so I’m making them. I’ll finish this then I’ll tell them.”

“You better be, because I’m pretty sure that cookies will not make them forgive you, if you’d just disappear.”

“I will tell them and Irene unnie is not here yet so…”

 

“Joy unnie, will you please stop that. You’re distracting me.”

Joy looked at her “I was born this pretty. I can’t make myself unpretty no matter what I do, it’s tiring for me to be this pretty so I really can’t blame you if you’re distracted by this beauty.”

Yeri sneered “I’m not talking about you non-existence beauty, you keep looking at your watch every second and its dist—“

 

“Really? Seungwan that’s great!” Seulgi said smiling

“Is that what you and Joy unnie have been whispering at the kitchen?” Yeri asked “When are you leaving? I’ll go buy something for your family.”

“Tonight.”

“Tonight?” Seulgi asked

“My flight’s in three hours from now.”

“Is everything alright with them? Why so sudden, is it emergency?” Seulgi asked concern

“Everything’s good. Don’t worry.”

“Then it’s good. I thought you’re going back there because something bad happen.” Relief is visible in Seulgi’s face

“How long will you be gone?” Yeri asked “You should at least stay there for a week or two so you could enjoy it.”

“But do you have that recording on Friday, right? It’s Monday, will you be okay?”

“I’m already done recording that. I actually settled everything for the next two months so…”

 

“Are you sure you don’t want us to walk you inside?” Seulgi asked when they reached the parking lot of the airport.

 

Wendy said she’ll be fine along but the three insisted and Wendy knew that they wouldn’t budge.

 

“I want to leave the country as quiet as possible and seeing all of us inside will not help. I’m already happy that you guys are here.”

“You said that you planned this months ago, does unnie know?”

Wendy shook her head “I planned this even before we broke up and I’m just looking for a perfect time to tell her and there goes the perfect time.” She smiled weakly. She had actually waited for her to come home until the last second before she left the dorm but seems like the universe prefer it this way.

 

“I know you guys will without me telling you but please look after her.”