CHAPTER 20

Way Back To You

CHAPTER 20

 

The next morning, Wendy left earlier than the other since her schedule will start earlier and probably be done at 7 like what she told Rosé

“Thank you for your hard work.” Wendy said bowing to the staff and crew she work with, then checked her phone as soon as she finished saying her goodbye to everyone. It’s 6:39PM, then shoots a text to Rosé.

 

To: Fiancé

‘The shoot just finished, I’m hungry, on my way~”

 

 

Almost immediately, she received a reply from her

 

From: Fiancé

‘You’re in luck, I’ve just made the finest steak in town! Be careful on your way, see you~”

 

Smile crept on Wendy’s face reading Rosé’s message and then sent a reply.

 

To: Fiancé

“I can’t wait. See you~”

 

After sending a reply, she then notices a missed call from Seulgi and immediately returned her call.

 

After a few seconds, Seulgi answered.

“Wannie~”

Wendy couldn’t help but smile hearing Seulgi’s tone “Hey, Seul… I’m sorry I missed your call, the shoot just finish.”

“It’s okay. I’ve bought everything.” Seulgi said “Careful on your way home.”

“What do you mean you’ve bought everything?” Wendy asked

 

 

 

“Didn’t you read Irene unnie’s messaged at our GC?” Seulgi asked

“No, I’m checking my phone just now.”

 “She said she wanted to celebrate the success of her attending the Fashion week on Paris.” Seulgi answered “Don’t worry I’ve bought everything so you just be home.”

There was a paused on Wendy.

“Wannie? Wan?” Seulgi called “You still there?”

“Y-yeah.” Wendy answered

“You okay?”

“Yeah, just… I don’t think I can go home early today.” She answered

“I thought you just finished shooting.”

“Yeah, but I’m going to see fiancé tonight.”

“Ahh…” Seulgi paused “I see.”

“Just tell Irene I’ll try to go home as early as possible.” Wendy said

“Yeah, okay… I’ll tell her.”

“Thank you Seul.” Wendy said “Careful on your way home.”

“Yeah, you too.” Seulgi said as Wendy ended the call

 

Seulgi pulled the phone away from her ear and made a deep, concerned sighed “What exactly do I tell her, Wannie?”

 

 

“Oh, unnie, you’re here.” Joy said greeting Seulgi when she got inside the dorm

“Hi.” Seulgi said weakly

“Did you buy what I texted you?” Yeri asked following Seulgi at the kitchen

“Yeah.”

“Are you okay?” Joy asked noticing the tone of Seulgi’s voice

“Yeah. Just…” Seulgi sighed as she put the things she bought on the table “It’s Wannie.”

“What about her?” Joy asked worriedly

Seulgi looked behind in case Irene is around, as she said in a low voice “She called and said that she’ll go to Rosé tonight.”

“.” Joy uttered

“What should I tell her?” Seulgi asked

“I don’t know.” Joy said weakly.

 

“Oh, Seul, did you just get here?” Irene spoke

Seulgi put a smile on her face “Yeah, I’ve bought everything you asked.”

Irene smiles as she went to the grocery at the table “Thank you. Right, isn’t Wendy’s shoot will be done around this time?”

Seulgi looked at Joy and Yeri and then to Irene who’s busy taking off the goods out the plastic. “Actually, she ah… called earlier.” She said as Joy and Yeri looked away, as Irene pause to look at her, Seulgi didn’t met her gaze as she helps Irene taking the goods out “She said she saw your message late and she cannot go home early.”

 “Are they still filming?”

 “She said she’d try to come home as early as possible.” She answered smiling, diverting Irene’s question.

Disappointment was clearly evident on Irene’s face “I guess, it can’t be helped.”

 

 

“Seul, you okay, you’ve been down since earlier?” Irene asked looking at Seulgi

“Yeah, I’m just… there’s this friend of mine I kept thinking about.” Seulgi answered

“Whose friend?”

“A precious friend, she’s someone I met long time ago.” Seulgi answered staring at Irene

“What about her?”

Seuldi did not answer immediately and just stare at Irene for 3 good seconds “Just there’s something that I wanted to tell her but it’s something that she would never want to hear.”

Joy and Yeri looked at Seulgi and then to Irene, they both feel the same sentiments as Seulgi.

 

“I could just tell her but…” Seulgi paused as she met Irene’s eyes “How would you tell something to someone precious to you fully knowing that it’ll break her hearts into pieces?” she said as she looked down, biting her lower lip to stop the tears from falling

 

“I don’t think I can.” Irene said “But if I were your friend, I would want you to tell me even if it breaks my heart.”

 

Seulgi looked up at Irene, as well as the two. Irene then smiles at her “You weren’t really sparing me from pain by keeping it Seul, you’re just delaying it. Finding out about it earlier or later won’t make it any less painful.”

 

“But I don’t want to see you in pain.” Seulgi said tearing up

 “I know… “Irene smiles at her “But by not telling me, you weren’t just keeping it, you’re also carrying the pain that’s supposed to be mine.” 

“Then I’ll just carry it.” Seulgi said tearing up “I will if I have to, if that’s what it takes to spare you from it.”

“And I would never want any of you to do that for me.” Irene said as she smile at her

“Because those pain are mine to bear, not yours.”

“Even so…” Seulgi uttered

“You know, one of the things I realized when Seungwan broke up with me is that, as much as there are things that are better left unsaid, there are things that are bound to be said because if you don’t.” Irene said as her face turns sad “You’d end up losing something much more important than what’s your keeping.”

“All this time I thought I was being the best girlfriend for her because she never say anything, she didn’t show me anything, she always welcome me in open arms, smiles at me warmly so I thought I was doing it right when in fact I was taking her for granted and hurting her the most.” She said as tears starts forming on the edge of her eyes “I didn’t know I was doing everything wrong but she didn’t tell me, she didn’t breathe a word about it because she didn’t want to burden me, fight with me or hurt my feelings for not treating her the way she deserves to be.”

“I’m not blaming her for anything because I know it was my fault to begin with because I should’ve known, right? I should’ve known but I didn’t and that’s on me.” She said as her voice starts cracking “I just wish… I just wished that she told me.” As tears drop

“She could’ve told me and we could’ve fixed it…” She paused as tears falls down continuously “I would’ve done everything to make everything right on where I went wrong. I would’ve done everything to fix us but she didn’t give me that chance when she chooses to kept everything from me until the very last second. And all that’s left for me to do is watch my world falls apart as she walks away.”

“I’m sorry…” Irene apologize as she wipe the tears on her face, she then chuckled dryly “The alcohol must’ve been working. I should probably sleep, thank you guys for celebrating with me tonight.” She said as she stood up without waiting for others to reply.

 

“Do you still want to get back with her?” Seulgi asked, making Irene stop from her tracks.

Irene turns to face Seulgi.

“I know, Suho oppa is already here and I don’t want to make things weird with you, I just…” Seulgi paused looking straight at Irene “Is there a part of you that still wanted to get back with Wendy?”

Yeri and Joy tensed at Seulgi’s sudden question but they let her nonetheless, they wanted to hear it too.

A good three seconds pass but Irene hasn’t said a word and in that three second Seulgi prayed that Irene answers no, because it is much better that way.

“Its okay unnie, you don’t really need to answ—“

“It’s not just a part of me Seul.” Irene said “It’s not just a part of me that wants to get back with her, my whole me never stop wanting to get back with her.”

“I didn’t mean for Suho to enter my life and I know how bad it is that I am giving him false hope when he’s sincere with he’s feelings towards me but I love her, Seul.” Irene said as tears begin to fall from her eyes again “I love Seungwan so much and I am still waiting for the day that she’d tell me that she still love me and wants me back. I never stop wanting for her to take me back, I never stop hoping...” She said crying “I don’t think I can ever stop.”

 

“I’m sorry.” Irene apologizes again after another breakdown

“No, it’s okay.” Seulgi assured her “We understand.”

“Thank you.” Irene said “And Seul, about your friend… you should tell her, she’ll find it out even if you keep it.”

“She’ll soon find out, I don’t doubt that.” Seulgi told her “But it’s never going to come from me. I don’t want to be the one to break her heart.”

Irene smile “Then at least be there for her when she breaks her heart.”

Seulgi smiles at her “I will. I promise.”