CHAPTER 5

Way Back To You

 

CHAPTER 5

 

 

“What’s with this tension?” Joy looking around their dressing room “Why is everyone’s face is gloomy?”

 

Nobody answered.

 

“Yeri-ah, if you keep that face up and a wind blows on you, you’re going to look like that forever.”

 

Yeri looked at her sternly

 

Joy then looked at Seulgi who was sitting beside her, “What’s with them? I mean, what’s with all of you?”

Seulgi didn’t bother to look at her “Trying to focus on our performance later.”

 

Joy scoff, clearly not believing her, then gaze at Irene who is more quiet than the usual and Wendy… Oh Wendy gave it away. She’s sitting at the other corner of the room, the farthest to Irene.

Irene and Wendy had never been apart especially in dressing room and them acting like it wasn’t obvious is giving it all away.

 

“Don’t tell me, did you two fight?” Everyone stiffened, not just Irene and Wendy but Seulgi and Yeri too “No wonder, I thought Wendy unnie is trying a new talent by being one with the wall. You’re doing a great job unnie, I almost didn’t notice you.”

 

Yeri glared at Joy and mouthed “Shut up.” But completely ignored by Joy.

 

“The dressing room feel so cold, why don’t you two make up already, it’s not like you two are going to break up.”

 

Dead silence engulfs them. Nothing can be heard, as if everyone had stopped breathing too.

 

“I’ll just go get some air.” Wendy said after a few seconds of silence, then went out.

 

“Did I say something wrong?” Joy asked, completely unaware of what’s happening.

“Just don’t say anything, please.” Seulgi said, then Irene went out of the room.

“What’s with them, it’s not like what I said is wrong.” Joy reasoned “They’re not going to break-up with each o—“

 

“They broke up.” Yeri said in all seriousness and sadness.

 

Joy looked at Yeri, then to Seulgi, then back to Yeri again “No ?”

 

Seulgi made a deep sighed “They broke up last night. Wendy broke up with her.”

 

“Wendy broke up with her?” Joy laughed “Okay… you got me, you got me this time. Wendy unnie, Irene unnie you can come inside now, God you totally got me this time. You’re ready to take a role now, Yerimie, you—“

“They really broke up, you stupid.” Yeri said in frustration.

 

Joy swallowed as she looked at the two people in front of her, and then slump back on her chair. “What the hell happen?”

 

Turns out, Yeri was in her room when it happens. She heard everything, so when Seulgi got home looking for Wendy, she told her what happen.

 

 

 

“Manager-unnie, is everything alright?”

“Yeah, everything’s good it’s just that… fans are making a speculation that Wendy and Irene isn’t in talking terms right now.” The manager answered.

 

Irene and Wendy being together aren’t disclosed to the public, only those are close to them knew. So even though they were being sweet to each other in the public, it doesn’t cause any problem since they are in the same group.

Seulgi had told her what happened, to avoid what happen with Joy, what used to be a picture of sweet and perfect couple can’t stand being in the same room now is making all of them sad.

 

“They even made this clip…”

 

 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1155474974871703554

 

 

Seulgi sighed deeply while watching the videos that fans had tag to them, regarding the unusual behavior of Irene and Wendy. She and Wendy shared a room before but ever since the two got together, Wendy moved to Irene’s room and now that they’re not anymore, Wendy went back to the room she shared with Seulgi.

She immediately closed the video and went to the games as soon as the bathroom door opened. It has been days since they broke up and none of them ever said a word about it.

 

Seulgi pretended to focus on the games on her phone, but she never let Wendy out of her gaze.

 

“Seul…” Wendy called

“Oh, hey…” Seulgi answered without taking her eyes off on her phone

“I could feel the weight of your stare.”

 

Seulgi stopped moving, then looked at Wendy.

 

“Thank you…”

 

Seulgi looked at her confusedly “For what?”

“I know you guys already knew what happen.” Wendy said “Did Irene tell you?”

“No, that night, Yeri was here, she heard everything.”

“I see, I should probably apologize to her later. It must’ve been so hard hearing it.”

Not as hard as it is for the two of you. Seulgi thought.

 

Wendy sits on the edge of Seulgi’s bed “Thank you for not saying anything... For not asking questions, for just letting me be. Thank you.”

 

“I’m sorry…” Seulgi said as she went to Wendy and gave her a tight hug. “I wish I could do something.”

“You’ve already done a lot when you gave me a space. I really appreciate it.”

 

 

Wendy had been so civil to Irene that if it wasn’t work related then she’s out, as for Irene, she had been trying so hard to act and pretend that she wasn’t hurt of Wendy’s action but once she’s on her room alone, that’s when she let everything out.

 

“Irene-unnie…” Yeri mumbled when Irene rushed to her room as soon as they got inside their dorm.

Yeri felt her heart ache looking at the closed door and seeing Wendy’s figure walking towards the room she shared with Seulgi as if nothing happens, as if she didn’t know that once the door closed, Irene will cry her hearts out.

 

Yeri went towards Irene’s room, she could hear a muffled sound before she even knocked. As if Irene had collapsed on her spot as soon as she closed the door.

 

Yeri bit her lower lip and with tears forming on the corner of her eyes, she rushed towards Wendy and Seulgi’s room.

 

Seulgi who notice what will Yeri do rush to block her. “I know it pains you to see them like this but please, let them be.”

“How can I let them be? How can you let them be?” Yeri asked in tears “Irene-unnie, she… how could Wendy unnie act like nothing is happening?”

You said it yourself, you’ve heard everything. Then you probably know where Wendy is coming from.” Joy spoke behind

“But Wendy-unnie love Irene-unnie so much, they both love each other so much. So why?”

“You’re probably young to understand this but sometimes love isn’t really enough. No one can question Wendy-unnie’s love for her and we all know Irene-unnie too but there are things or certain actions that no amount of love can fix… She took her for granted and being taken for granted by the person who means so much to you can break you inside out that there are no words to describe the pain.”

 

 

https://twitter.com/MarchSerenity09