CHAPTER 13

Way Back To You

 

CHAPTER 13

 

“She’s not coming back.”

 

“W-what did you say?” Irene asked with a trembling voice “What do you mean s-she’s… she’s…” the words won’t come out.

“Oppa, where is Seungwan?” Seulgi asked her lips still curved into a smile but the tears that start forming on her eyes says different.

 

Yeri run towards the door and went outside. Her unnie’s waited for her and when she comes back...

“She’s not here.” Yeri said hopelessly “Seungwan unnie is not really here.”

“What in the world happen? Is this why she hasn’t said a word to us the whole week?” It was Joy “Have you talk to her? What did she say?” Tearing up too

“G-girls, please sit down.” The manager tries to calm them “Sea—“

“Just tell us what happen!” It was Irene. She looks at manager with hurt and sad eyes “She’s supposed to be here, why Seungwan, isn’t here?”

“I’m sorry, I di—“

“What I need to hear isn’t your sorry.” Irene cutting him off again

“That’s what I’m apologizing for, I was just… I was just messing with you guys.” The manager said apologetically “I’m really sorry, I didn’t expect you guys to react like this.”

 

 

“Oppa!” Joy shouted at him “Fu— Oh, God I almost swore at you.” Joy said as she walks a little away from him calming herself.

“That is nowhere near close to being funny oppa.” Seulgi said with a hint of anger on her voice “Seungwan not coming back is never going to be funny. Please don’t do that again.”

“I’m sorry, I’m really sorry.” The manager said “I won’t do it again, I swear.”

 

“Where is she then?” Yeri asked wiping her tears “Why hasn’t she contact us for the past week?”

“I don’t know why she hasn’t contacted you but I also found out just now that she didn’t take her flight. I called her and she said that, she rescheduled her flight she didn’t say why or when but she made sure that she’ll be here before the preparations for your comeback starts.”

“Is she okay? Does she sound okay?” Seulgi asked

“She seems okay, like the usual her.” He answered

“That’s fine then.” Seulgi said as sits down on the couch.

“Irene-ah.” The manager called when Irene starts walking away without a single word “I’m really sorry.”

Irene stops as she looked at him “Don’t you ever say that again.”

 

 

 

Rosé and Wendy were both wearing a mask and cap the whole time they were in the airport. So they were able talk without getting interrupted while waiting for Rosé’s flight.

 

“You didn’t really have to accompany and send me off here at the airport but thank you” Rosé said smiling at Wendy

“You take care of yourself there, okay.” Wendy said

Rosé nodded “You too, you know if you ever change your mind, my offer of running away will always stand.”

 

"Wan-ah, let’s run away. Let’s live our life the way we’ve always dreamed of.”

“Where?” Wendy asked

“I don’t know but to someplace where we can start all over again. You can study and be the doctor you’ve always wanted.”

“And you as a music teacher” Wendy added

“Yeah.” Rosé smiling “Doctor Son and Teacher Park has a nice ring to it.”

“It does.” Wendy said as she took Rosé’s hand “But things are different now, being a model isn’t your first choice but I know how much love it. I could see it in your eyes and I am singer you’ve always believe that I could. You were the one who dragged me on my first ever singing competition.”

“And you won.” Rosé said proudly

“I did and I wouldn’t have done it without you.” Wendy said “You have always dragged me upwards… I am not going to dragged you down. I am not letting you leave everything you have just because I got my heart broken.”

 

“I guess that’s me.” Rosé said when they heard the announcement of boarding.

“I’m going to miss you fiancé” Wendy said as she hugged Rosé

“Me too.” Rosé said as she pulled back “Make sure to come and visit me.”

“I will as soon as I can.” Wendy said as Rosé went in line to board.

 

Wendy waited on the side as she waited for Rosé to get inside. When Rosé get at the end of the line, she took of her cap and mask for the verification process. Wendy could hear a gasp and squeal as everyone automatically pulled out there phone and took Rosé’s photo.

 

And as a celebrity that she is, Rosé turned to smile and wave at her fans. Then she looked at Wendy’s way smiling, making a big heart shape using her arm over her head and mouthing “See you soon, fiancé”

 

 

After a few days

 

“Your father is waiting outside. Are all your things ready?” Mrs. Son asked

Wendy nodded “But I’m not sure if I am. Can I just stay here? I just want to stay here.”

“I’d love to honey.” Mrs. Son said as took her daughters hand “But I don’t want you to stay here for a wrong reason. You can’t just disappear on their life without a word they are not just your friends, they are your family too and they don’t deserve that.”

“I don’t want to disappear from their life too.” Wendy said as she looked down “But going back there, seeing her again…”

“I can’t imagine how hard it must be for you but if you stay here and leave everything you have and worked hard on just because you’re afraid to see her again. I promise you, you are going to regret that for the rest of your life.”

 

 

Wendy’s POV

 

11:46 PM. I am now walking on the hallway of the corridor. I could hear the echoes of every breath I take that accompanies by heaviness of every step I am taking on the empty hallway.

I didn’t tell anyone that I’ll be landing today, not to the manager, not to the members which I hasn’t talk to for almost two weeks now. I wonder what they think of me now. Will they be happy to see me again? Are they angry for hanging them in the air for the past two weeks? Is she having a hard time the way I’m having mine or did she finally realize how my presence and absence didn’t really matter.”

 

Questions and thoughts are running inside my mind that I didn’t even realize that I already made it in front of our dorm.

Is everyone inside or are they sleeping, I hope it’s the latter.

I took a deep breath and then I entered the code. It made a beep indicating that the door was now open.

I reached for the doorknob but I feel like I lost all the strength that I have, I leaned my head on the door and let my hand rest on the doorknob.

 

My heart starts beating faster and my breathe starts getting heavier. It feels like I’m having a panic attack.

 

“Seungwan-ah.”

 

I heard a familiar voice that I haven’t heard for so long but it’s more like a memory that’s been talking out loud. Memory of the very first time she called my name that filled with such softness that no one was able to do until now.

My heart beats starts slowing down, my breath getting steady. It’s kind of scary how she manages to calm me in my distress and makes my inside wild just by saying my name.

I laughed at my pathetic self, must be really loosing it if I had to summon a memory of her in the past just to stop myself from self-destruction.

 

“Seugwan-ah.”

Her voice echoes again. But this time it wasn’t just the echo of her voice that I hear. There’s also a sound as if someone was running too and it was getting closer and closer.

I pulled myself to turn and before I realized what was really happening and who might be running this late at night, a soft, warm body jumped into me, enveloping me from warmth-tight embrace and I didn’t really need to see her face just to know she is.  

 

It’s her.

 

There’s no one else in this world that could make feel not just the butterfly inside me but the whole damn zoo. 

There’s only one person who could bring euphoria in my life just by her presence.

There is just one person who gives the kind of hug that I don’t want to get let go from.

 

Just one person.

 

Bae Joohyun.

 

End of POV