CHAPTER 19

Way Back To You

CHAPTER 19

 

“How can you fall asleep in this situation?” Seulgi asked voice a little higher making Yeri opened her eyes.

Yeri looked at Seulgi with an edge “How can I not fall asleep when you woke me up at 4 freakin in the morning?”

“Because this is a critical situation and all minds, yes, even yours is needed.” Seulgi replied,

“Even mine?” Yeri asked offended “For your information, my mind works better than you two at this kind of situation.”

The three of them are now in the kitchen, looking so serious as if it’s a life and death situation, maybe a little.

“Really?” Joy asked “What is your not-so-smart little mind can think of to avoid the possibility of heartbreak?”

“Honestly, I don’t even know why we are having this conversation right now.” Yeri said “So what if Irene unnie finds out that Rosé and Wendy unnie is engaged. They’re not together anymore, they broke up remember?”

“I stand corrected. Your mind is no use here.” Seulgi said

“Why? Did I say something wrong?” Yeri asked “They weren’t together anymore, for a long time now in case you forgot. Irene unnie is unofficially dating Suho oppa, who knows long it’ll be before it became official and Wendy unnie deserves to be happy too and she looks happy. Like really happy.”

“We know that, but…” Joy trailed

“But what? Because Irene unnie might still have feelings for her? And that she’ll get hurt if she finds out about this? I know that.” Yeri said “But Wendy unnie deserves to be happy too. God knows how much I wanted Irene unnie and Wendy unnie to be together again but have you seen the way she smiles besides Rosé unnie? I have never seen her so happy like that in so long, she’s so happy with her so forgive me if choose to get Irene unnie hurt if it’s meant to see Wendy unnie happy again.”

 

Joy and Seulgi both looked at Yeri in silence.

“You must be thinking I’m kind of a traitor.” Yeri said as she glances at the two

 

Joy shook her head as she smiles at Yeri “No, you sound real matured just now.”

“When did you grow up so fast?” Seulgi looking at her proudly as she took Yeri’s hand “Just because you choose a friends happiness over a friend’s pain doesn’t make you a traitor.” Seugi said as smiles softly at her “It makes you a real friend. A friend that isn’t bound on the past and knows when to let go, when to accept and when to be genuinely happy for someone’s happiness no matter the odds are, a rare kind.”

 

Tears starts playing on Yeri’s eyes “I thought you’d be angry at me.”

 

“Why would we?” It was Joy “What you said just now, it makes you real and not everyone have what it takes to be real in this unfair, cruel world, you make me proud.”

 

The three was pulled on their trance when Rosé spoke on the kitchen door “Hi, I hope I’m not interrupting.”

“No, of course not.” Joy answered smiling at her “Did we wake you up?”

“No, not at all.” Rosé answered as she walks closer to them

“Did you sleep well?” Seulgi asked

“I’d say I slept well but we didn’t really sleep that much.” Rosé answered “But don’t worry it’s not because of something bad or anything, it’s just you know… did something worth losing sleep for, if you know what I mean.” Rosé said grinning playfully especially at Seulgi who looked away blushing

“I’m sure you did.” Joy said “Is she still sleeping?”

“No, she’s in the shower.” Rosé said “Also, I wanted to apologize for barging in last night, I know you’re tired and I had to kick Seulgi out in her own bedroom, I’m really sorry.”

“No, you didn’t bother us at all.” Seulgi said who now recovers from blushing “I kicked myself out.”

“It was kind of nice and thrilling to actually meet you last night.” Joy said “I’ve always wanted to meet you and I couldn’t think of any better way to meet you than last night.”

“Joy unnie is right, it’s not every day you get to meet your idol standing in front of your house while she waits for her fiancé who turns out to be someone close to you.” Yeri said

“Thank you.” Rosé told them sweetly “I’d love to stay few more hours but I have a meeting to attend to but I’m sure we will meet again sooner and we can talk all we want.”

 

Then Wendy comes into the kitchen.

“If you’re looking for a breakfast you won’t find it here.” Wendy said cheekily “Turns out, cooking was a lot more harder than singing and dancing all day for them”

Rosé chuckles “Because it is, right?”

“Are you showing off just now Wendy unnie?” Yeri asked

“More like stating a fact.” Wendy answered laughing “Anyway, I’d drive fiancé on her hotel and probably grab a breakfast, I could take you some on my way back, is there something you want to eat?”

“Anything’s fine.” Joy said “Be careful on your way.”

“See you later guys.” Rosé said as they stepped out of the kitchen and saw a handful of shopping bags on the sofa when they walks past the living room that Wendy missed.

 

Rosé smiled unconsciously.

 

Truth is, she knew Irene had come home last night. She’s about to get water when she heard Irene and Seulgi’s voice when she reached the door. She plans to stay a few more hours before she get back to her hotel but Irene might woke up and that will ruin her plan.

Meeting Irene right now won’t really make such an impact, she wanted the three of them to meet at a much more dramatic and heartbreaking way and they will.

 

 

 

After driving for at least half an hour, Rosé spoke.

 

“Wan, I don’t really have a meeting today.” She told her

“I know.” Wendy answered with a smile

“You do?”

Wend nodded “You kind of told me that you really have nothing to do until tomorrow so I figured.”

Rosé chuckles “Sometimes, I forgot how good a listener and observant you are.”

Wendy turns to Rosé when the traffic light turns red “So, what do you want to do today? I’m free the whole day“

“A breakfast for a start.” Rosé answered smiling “And speaking of breakfast, didn’t you promise the girls you’ll bring them breakfast.”

“I got that covered.”

 

 

Irene stepped out of her room and found the three talking in the living room.

 

“What are you guys talking about? That look serious.” Irene said as she sits besides Joy

“It’s Wendy unnie, she left her card earlier, she said she’ll treat us anything for today.” Yeri answered “We are just discussing what to eat.”

 

“Really? She must be in a great mood today.” Irene said as the three went silent “Where did she go?”

The three then starts glancing at each other.

“She went—“

“She went to gym!” Seulgi interrupted Yeri “Right, J-joy?”

Joy nodded “Y-yeah, she went to gym.” Yeri just sighed.

“Isn’t it too early to go to gym?” Irene asked as she looked at her watch

“Well, you know how she is.” Seulgi said “And speaking of early, why did you wake up so early? You should’ve slept more.”

“I wanted to but I guess I’m still adjusting to the time difference.” Irene answered “Anyway, I brought you something.” She said as she goes to the shopping bag located on the sofa and gave it to them.

 

“Unnie, are you sure you don’t want to come with us?” Seulgi asked Irene who’s watching at the living room

“I’m fine, you go and enjoy it. Just don’t overdo it, I don’t want to see her eyes popping once she saw what you did to her card.” Irene chuckles

“Now, isn’t that a sight to see.” Seulgi laughs “We’ll just bring you something.”

Irene nodded as Seulgi walks towards the door but before she could disappear from her sight, she called her again “Seul…”

“Yeah?”

“Do you know what time Seungwan will be coming home?”

“I…” Seulgi paused staring at Irene “I’m not really sure.”

“I see.”

“But you know how hard working she is.” Seulgi said cheerfully upon seeing the look on Irene’s face “I’m sure she wouldn’t stop unless her trainer begged her to.”

“You’re right.” Irene said with a now lighted face

Then Seulgi’s phone rang “It’s Yerimie.”

Irene nodded “Be careful on driving,”

 

Seulgi nodded as she left Irene and went out of the dorm. She took a deep breath as soon as she closed the door. “I’m sorry unnie.”

 

“Do I have something on my face?” Wendy asked touching her face when she notices Rosé staring at her

Rosé smiled at her “No, just… you’re too pretty, I can’t seem to take my eyes off of you.”

Wendy chuckles “Is that your way of telling me to cook for you again later?”

“Yes and no.” Rosé answered laughing “Yes, please cook for me later and no, I’m not bribing you, I’m stating a fact fiancé”

“Cooking you a dinner later, noted.” Wendy said chuckling “But really, what is it?”

“What is it what?”

 

Wendy stare at her straightly “You’re in deep thought just now. Is something wrong?”

“It’s nothing really.” Rosé said reassuring her with a smile “It’s just… I was just wondering, if you would still look at me with those same sweet eyes if I ever hurt you one day.”

 

Wendy took Rosé’s hand as she smiles softly at her “This eyes that you like so much will always look at you the way it always been, nothing can change that, not even when you hurt me because I knew in my heart that if there’s another way, you wouldn’t choose to hurt me in any way.”

Rosé eyes starts tearing up “No, I won’t.” she said as she pulled Wendy into a tight embrace “But sooner I know that I will and I just hope that you forgives me for it.”

 

“I feel like we have so much more to catch up and I hate the fact that that it’s already late and I have work tomorrow.” Wendy whines as they made their way on the parking lot, going to Wendy’s car “I wish I could stay the night and just talk to you about everything.”

Rosé laughs “We still got time and promise we will talk about everything.”

“Until when is your work tomorrow?” Rosé’ asked

“7 I guess.”

“How about I cook you dinner for tomorrow and we can just talk whatever it is that you want to talk about.” Rosé’ said

“You sure?” Wendy teased

“I am a decent cook!” Rosé’ counter

“Since when?” Teasing again

“I’ll tell you about it tomorrow.” Rosé’ said as her face turns serious “There’s something I wanted to talk to you about too.”

“What is it?” Wendy asked worriedly upon noticing Rosé’s expression

“It’s nothing serious.”   Reassuring her with a smile

 “Then why do I feel like it is?” Wendy asked not believing her

“Tomorrow, I promise.” Rosé’ said as she pushes Wendy to her car

 

 

“Unnie…” Yeri said tapping Irene’s shoulder lightly “Unnie…”

“Yeri?” Irene asked with a half eyes closed

“Why are you sleeping here?”

“I must’ve fallen asleep.” Irene answered as she sits properly “What time is it?”

 

Yeri looked at her watch “It’s already 9.”

“Why don’t you go inside your room and continue your sleep there.” It was Seulgi

“Are you getting home just now?” Irene asked

“We lost track of time, we watched movies too, you should’ve come with us.” Joy answered

“And Seungwan?” Irene asked as she looked around “I was waiting for her but she hasn’t come back so I thought she followed you three.”

 

The three become silent again as they start glancing at each other again

“N-no, she’s not with us.” Seulgi answered

“Where is she then? I don’t think even her would stay at the gym for a whole day.” Irene said

“She’s ah…” She paused as she looked at Joy and Yeri probably asking for help

“Is there something that I should know about?” Irene asked as she looked at the three “What are you not telling me?”

 

 

“She…ah… she’s wit—“ Seulgi stopped and all eyes darted at the door when they heard the door opened.

 

“Did you guys have funnnn?” Seulgi breathe in relief when Wendy’s voice echoed at the house “What did you— Irene?”

“Hi Seungwan.” Irene greeted at her with a soft smile

“When did you get back?” Wendy asked excitedly walking towards them

“Dawn, earlier.” She answered smiling “You? Where were you?”

“Me? I’m w—“She got cut off when Seulgi suddenly hooked her arms around her neck

“You are not going to believe this!” Seulgi said with her arm on Wendy’s neck “Kim Yerimie, treat everyone at the café earlier!”

Wendy’s eyes went wide as she looked at Yeri in disbelief “You did? Daebak!”

“I know right.” Yeri said with a proud smile “Told you, Wendy unnie would be thrilled to hear this.”

“I am, for real!” Wendy said “You never treated us anything and now you paid for everyone at the café. Wow, that’s cool!” She said giving thumbs up to Yeri while Seulgi and Joy are laughing hysterically

“I’m cool, right.” Yeri said proudly “But you’re way cooler unnie.”

“Me? Why?” She asked clueless

Yeri smile as she took something from her bag and revealed Wendy’s card, “Because you paid for everyone unnie!” She said with full enthusiasm

“What?” Wendy asked obviously dumbfounded

“I mean, I know I’m cool for suggesting paying for everyone since it’s a good day, but you Unnie who own this lovely card are way, way cooler.” She answered laughing while giving thumbs up to Wendy

“Woww, you’re really shameless, aren’t you?” Wendy told at Yeri who’s laughing hysterically “You took all the compliment proudly when it was my card.”

“I love you cool unnie” Yeri said laughing as she make a big heard over head “You’re cool unnie.”

Their night goes about them laughing, Irene telling them how sure she was that Wendy’s eyes will pop-off if they did her card dirty, the three telling how everyone at the café thank them and look so happy for treating them and them teasing Wendy for it and Wendy telling how shameless Yeri is. The night goes on full of laughter forgetting an unanswered question of Irene earlier of where was Wendy the whole day.