CHAPTER 6

Way Back To You

CHAPTER 6

 

The 1st month was the hardest for everyone, they didn’t know how to act, especially Joy, Yeri and Seulgi. But now that 5 months had passed, everyone managed to stop being awkward when all of them are in the same room. They also accepted the fact that things are different now.

 

“Unnie?”  Joy asked soon as she opened the door of her room “Don’t you have a schedule tonight?”

“Yeah but it got cancelled I bro—are you drinking?” Wendy couldn’t help but asked after smelling the alcohol from Joy

“A little…” Joy said smiling as she completely opened the door

“1,2,3 4,5,6,7,8,9,10, I don’t think that’s little…” Wendy told Joy upon seeing the bottles of Soju’s on the floor “I don’t thi—“

“I never said I’d drink it all tonight…” Joy reasoned “And since you’re here, why don’t you join me?”

“No, I don’t think so…”

 

Wendy raised her glass as she finished another glass of soju then getting a cheer from Joy

“Wow, I didn’t know you could drink that much” Joy said clapping, looking at 5 bottles of Soju “You’re better than Yeri, she’s literally dead when we got to the second bottle”

“W-what?” Wendy asked dumbfounded “When did Yeri started drinking?”

“As soon as she gets 20…” Joy chuckled “But of course you don’t know, now you do, so you better keep it a secret” as she put her index finger on her lips “Irene unnie will kill us…”

“I didn’t make Yeri drink, why am I getting killed with you?”

“Are you going to let me die alone?”

“Uh, n-no…” Wendy shaking her head

“Unnie! Did you just hesitate?”

 

Wendy nodded innocently, earning laughter from both of them.

 

“You know we should do this often...” Joy said as she put the empty glass again

“I don’t think that’s a good idea…” Wendy told her “We’d already damaged 10% of our liver from drinking this much…”

Joy laughed “I’m not talking about drinking nerd. I mean, talk.”

Wendy smiled “I’m not sure if you’re aware but I’m always up for a talk and you don’t…”

“Because you’re making me uncomfortable!”

Wendy’s eyes widened, earning laughter from Joy “W-What? Why, why, why am I making you uncomfortable?”

“You ask so much that’s why…” Joy answered “You’re like a company’s spy kept asking question, where did you go, who are you with, what did you do, when you will be home? Things like that…”

“I kind of heard that a lot…” Wendy nodding “But I couldn’t help it. I just want to know how your day was…”

“I know, that’s why I didn’t say anything until now”

“I should lessen my question…”

“Agreed…” Joy nodding. Then both of them laughing again

 

 

“Unnie, are you drunk?” Joy asked dropping another empty bottle of soju again “That’s our 7th…”

“Dizzy but not going to vomit anytime soon…” Wendy smiled, both of their face is already red.

“Good… so why don’t we play a game…” Joy suggested

“And what game exactly are you planning when we both can’t get up without losing a balance?”

“Simple…” Joy said grinning which made Wendy feel uneasy “You Lie, you get drunk or …”

 

Wendy almost chokes from her own breath

 

“Why?” Joy asked with feigned clueless look

“W-why?” Wendy’s eyes are riddled with shock “You’re saying it as if what you’re suggesting is a common game, who taught you things like that?”

“I actually came up with it just now…” Joy chuckled “it’s exciting!”

“It’s not…”

“Come on! It’ll be fun...” Joy argues “And besides I’m giving you a chance to ask me questions all you want…”

“Still no…”

Joy raised her eyebrows, smile teasing her lips “Are you afraid that we might do something while we’re drunk and ? Are you thinking that we might actually have ?”

Wendy hesitated for a moment then met Joy’s gaze “We’re both drunk, .., and we’re both broken inside, aren’t you afraid that we might do something we’re going to regret once we get our head straight?”

“As if we haven’t done that already…” Joy smiled bitterly “Isn’t it why we’re here?”

 

Wendy looked at her in silent. Joy was right. They both made a decision they’re probably going to regret for the rest of their life.

 

 

 

 

“Yeri-ah…” Seulgi called

“-----“

“Yeri?”

“-----“

“Yeri..,” Seulgi called again as hit Yeri’s forehead with her index finger lightly

“W-what?”

“Are you okay?” Seulgi asked worriedly, as she put her palm on Yeri’s forehead “Are you not feeling well?”

“I-I’m good…”

“What is it?”

“Nothing…”

“You’re spacing more than the usual, you’re biting your nails since yesterday and you’re face is actually telling me that you’re not telling me something…” Seulgi pointed out “So, what is it?”

“U-unnie…” Yeri mumbled “I…I… I don’t….”

“Okay, breathe…” Seulgi said as she made an inhale and exhale which followed Yeri followed “Calm down… whatever it is that’s bothering you, I promise it’s not as bad as you think.”

“Yes it is”

“What is it?” Seulgi asked worriedly upon seeing a panic on Yeri’s face

“Yesterday, when I got into our room, it was reeking with alcohol and there was lot of empty bottles of alcohol on the floor and there were clothes everywhere…”

“It’s Sooyoung, it happened a lot of time, I guess you’re still not getting used to it, you----“

“But it’s not just Joy unnie’s c-clothes….” Yeri trailed off as she looks straightly at Seulgi and dropped “Wendy unnie too…. And in the bed…. They were both , sleeping together…”

 

Seulgi stared at her for a moment then cursed.

 

“I…I… !” Seulgi cursed “What the hell they were both thinking?! God! Do they know that you saw them?”

“N-no… I left as soon as I saw them…”

“Don’t tell Irene unnie yet…”

“Don’t tell her yet? You’re making it sound that we should tell her later because that’s never going to happen… It’s killing her enough that Wendy unnie broke up with her 5 months ago; this will definitely kill her...”

“I don’t know what to do to… I did----“

“What are you guys talking about?” Irene suddenly appeared startling both Seulgi and Yeri’s as their face went white.

“N-nothing, we’re doing nothing…” Seulgi said, her face white, lips trembling, as Yeri starts getting nervous looking at Seulgi who might break the news anytime now.

“We’re just talking about that online game we’re playing…” Yeri acting as normal as possible

Irene looked at Seulgi “Y-yeah we’re talking about that…” she backs up. “I was asking Yeri on how to use an item but she won’t tell me…”

“Which you probably have no idea about…” Yeri enters before Irene could even say anything.

“Are you sure? You don’t look fine.”

“I’m fine.” Seulgi nodded “Do you need something?”

“Ah, right. The reason I went here was because Joy called and said that she’ll brought us dinner and you know what that means, she’s going to tell us so----“

“Something…” Seulgi and  Yeri both mumble

“Exactly!” Irene cheered “so you guys make sure you’re here for dinner, I’m sure it’s important…” as she walked out leaving Seulgi and Yeri both worn out from Joy’s sudden call of a meeting.