Jisuho 23

Flotilla
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pain radiated from the top of her body down. The only good thing was Chanyeol lay beside her, blood oozing from his skull. Not a bad head wound hopefully, but he hadn’t regained consciousness yet and that worried her. 

 

It was hard to see through her swollen eyes, but she could make out that his chest rose and fell with each breath. If he could get help, then he’d likely survive. Like Suho, he was tough. And like Suho he’d worked his way into her heart. She hurt for him. And the others. They wouldn’t handle it well if they found the two of them dead. 

 

Poor Suho. 

 

She couldn’t do that to him. 

 

But she might not have a choice. 

 

She didn’t even remember when they stopped hitting her. She’d passed out before they ran out of fun. How long until the s came back. She rolled over and spat out a mouthful of blood. Gathering her strength, she pulled up onto her knees. 

 

That was the first time she realized she wasn’t tied up. She glanced around, looking for a way out. There was a door to the left. She couldn’t hear anyone on the other side. But Chanyeol came first. She shuffled toward him. Other than his head injury, he appeared to be fine. Other than that… she almost laughed then almost cried at the pain the laugh caused. “Crap.” 

 

Well, she could talk, so that was something. If that guttural sound was talking. She smacked Chanyeol gently on the cheek. “Chanyeol, wake up.” 

 

He didn’t move. She leaned down and whispered in his ear. “Chanyeol, I need you. Wake up, please. We’re prisoners.” She picked up his hand and squeezed it. When she thought she felt a faint response, she squeezed harder. “Chanyeol, please wake up. They are likely to come back at any minute.” 

 

The floor shifted beneath her. She froze. Earthquake? No not possible. She waited for it to happen again. And this time the shift was more of a roll. Water. They were on a boat. . Now she shook Chanyeol. She needed him awake. She could swim, but she doubted she could keep an unconscious Chanyeol afloat. She wasn’t that strong a swimmer. 

 

She couldn’t leave him alone. “Chanyeol,” she snapped, trying to interject some military harshness to her voice. It’s what he was used to after all. “Wake up,” she ordered. 

 

She waited and watched. And was rewarded with a slight movement of his eyelids. Excited, she bent down and talked to him again. Explaining where they were and what had happened. “You have to wake up, please.” 

 

He moaned slightly and slowly opened his eyes. There was an unfocused look to his gaze. “Chanyeol, it’s Jisoo. Wake up and stay quiet.” 

 

His gaze sharpened and then suddenly they came into focus. She smiled encouragingly at him. “That’s better. You need to be careful when you move. You were hit on the head and are still bleeding. You’ve been out for a long time.” 

 

His gaze roamed her face. 

 

“They are likely to come back any time. That’s the only thing,” she said apologetically. “And I’m afraid we might be on a boat.” 

 

His gaze sharpened. “Your face,” he said in cold an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter